Houston, TX
I missed your input.[\QUOTE]

You probably just missed the dancing. :D

Last edited:

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Chris's room was, I thought, going to be 2018's site according to all our talks before selecting CHRIS'S billiards in Chicago.(Could not have been a better site.

I thought that 1) the site hadn't been selected yet and 2) that the members tournament was to be a traveling event in different locations each year.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I thought that 1) the site hadn't been selected yet and 2) that the members tournament was to be a traveling event in different locations each year.

You are right -- we have not voted on the 2018 location yet. There has been a lot of discussion but no official vote. And yes, the prevailing view is that it is great to move it around to visit different great rooms and different parts of the country a bit before we start repeating prior locations.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I do not know if I have missed your posts lately, but I am sure glad to see one. I missed your input.

I willingly will go to any tournament we come up with.

My vote, though, for next years member's tournament is definitely California Billiards. Chris's room was, I thought, going to be 2018's site according to all our talks before selecting CHRIS'S billiards in Chicago.(Could not have been a better site.)

Disco, again, glad to see your post.

That's what I thought too. If you go back through the threads of that discussion, that is the inference. I'll go to a seniors tournament at Ca, lost wages, or Phoenix. 70 and over, right?

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
That's a good idea Bill, no reason not to have the tournament somewhere...if people would turn out and support it, that would be great...John Rizzo and David Richardson fully support another venue this year... You might throw that idea out there on several internet sites to get a feel of the interest level, but if you're shooting for October, better start soon...Good luck, hope it happens...
It might be too little short notice for the guys to arrange changing their plans for another venue for Oct. 12. However, I'm reasonably certain that Lacy's Cue in Chalmette (N.O.) --where they held the first member's tourny-- would welcome us. If y'all were willing to go to Houston, Nawlins ain't that far...;) Just a thought...

~Doc

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
I also spoke with Mary Kenniston. She has a call in to Scott Frost in Arizona to see if he has any interest in hosting the Tournament as well.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Lacy's Cue

Lacy's Cue

Doc, I think Lacy's is the nicest pool room in US. Frank is also a great owner and pool advocate. .

Hope all our members in Florida have migrated to high ground.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
It might be too little short notice for the guys to arrange changing their plans for another venue for Oct. 12. However, I'm reasonably certain that Lacy's Cue in Chalmette (N.O.) --where they held the first member's tourny-- would welcome us. If y'all were willing to go to Houston, Nawlins ain't that far...;) Just a thought...

~Doc

There are three hurricanes headed toward the US. I would rather not go to a city built below the sea level. I know that Chris at Ca billiards would be interested.

Disco Dave

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
70 and over, right?

The discontinued Super Seniors Tournament was 70 and over.

The Seniors Tournament has always been 65 and up. If you turn 65 at any time during the year (even later in the year of the tournament date) you are eligible.

Unfortunately for me, I am chronologically to young (although mentally old and enfeebled). I just like to sweat the Seniors cuz they are too fun to watch. Also, Fast Eddie's hot dogs are not to be believed.