Player list for Space City Open down in Houston

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I saw Mike play a one-pocket match at the Southern Classic in Tunica a few years ago against Joyner. He damn near beat Cliff, and I believe that he cashed in the tournament. He'd definitely be one of the picks to win the SS if he attended.

~Doc

He and Jeff were playing when I left, He wasn't quite holding his own.
Nice to see, Jeremy, tony C and Charlie Brown.
Charlie Brown wanted to tell SJD that he's still alive and wishing SJD well.
Cliff was playing Jamie Ferrell and everyone was getting ready for the tourney.
Charlie told me he and a partner had the winner in the Calcutta in Louisiana. The player bought half of himself. The total cash for the complete Calcutta was around $200,000, Can that be right?

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Charlie told me he and a partner had the winner in the Calcutta in Louisiana. The player bought half of himself. The total cash for the complete Calcutta was around $200,000, Can that be right?

You're talking about the event at Buffalo's, right? If so, BRLongArm could tell you exact. I don't recall. It was big, but big to me wouldn't have to be nearly that big.

Did I understand you correctly that Jeff was ahead of Mike? I hope that means what I think it means... Jeff playing very well.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
You're talking about the event at Buffalo's, right? If so, BRLongArm could tell you exact. I don't recall. It was big, but big to me wouldn't have to be nearly that big.

Did I understand you correctly that Jeff was ahead of Mike? I hope that means what I think it means... Jeff playing very well.

I don't get that far from home. I'm talking about Bogies, Where are you ? The event with the big Calcutta was maybe Buffaloes.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I don't get that far from home. I'm talking about Bogies, Where are you ? The event with the big Calcutta was maybe Buffaloes.

Yeah, I was talking about the Calcutta. (I know where you and Jeff are. :) )

Oh, I'm in Missouri at the moment. Doing some leftover honey-dooos for my ex-wife. We're still best friends, believe it or not. We've only been divorced for a few months.

And I have a dog named Charlie, and my brother-in-law's cousin is still in prison, but they're going to let him out for Aunt Martha's funeral... if the bitch ever croaks. :D

I'm tired. If I left anything out, PM me. :heh

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
He might be talking about the large bar box event at White Diamond's in Lafayette. Their calcuttas are huge-- usually much bigger than the tournament prize fund.

If Jeff was edging out Massey, then his game is definitely coming up, and he's going to be a favorite in April. On the other hand Mike might just have been taking it easy on his old road partner....;):cool:

~Doc

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
He might be talking about the large bar box event at White Diamond's in Lafayette. Their calcuttas are huge-- usually much bigger than the tournament prize fund.

If Jeff was edging out Massey, then his game is definitely coming up, and he's going to be a favorite in April. On the other hand Mike might just have been taking it easy on his old road partner....;):cool:

~Doc

Yeah they were just farting around before the tourney. Mike was probably stalling, although I never thought he played that well.
P.S Tourneys are different though.

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Yeah, I was talking about the Calcutta. (I know where you and Jeff are. :) )

Oh, I'm in Missouri at the moment. Doing some leftover honey-dooos for my ex-wife. We're still best friends, believe it or not. We've only been divorced for a few months.

And I have a dog named Charlie, and my brother-in-law's cousin is still in prison, but they're going to let him out for Aunt Martha's funeral... if the bitch ever croaks. :D

I'm tired. If I left anything out, PM me. :heh

LOL. Too funny.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I'm a WD due to time constraints. I understand they need to start the Calcutta auctions later in the day so as to have the bigger bidders present. Last nights 29 player Bank pool auction started at 8:00pm, it lasted 2 hours, the first match started at 10:00pm.

Tonight they are starting the Calcutta auction at 7:00pm, but they have to sell 64 nine ball players and about 35 onepocket players, that equates to a start time after midnight, and since I'm an early riser, (4:30am) it's just not a good fit for me. Oh well, I was 100/1 to make the bottom of the money list anyway, so I'll just practice until April when we play the next SS Classic.