one handed 15 ball run

Jesse Allred

Verified Member
I am going for a 15 ball run in one pocket one-handed jacked up. Got 9 so far. Does anyone know if anyone has ever done it? Here's the video [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhlcU7a6Z14[/ame]
I'll post it once I run 15.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i dont know if anyone has run 15 but that 9 balls run was pretty sporty. i really liked the bank on the 8.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Jesse Allred said:
I am going for a 15 ball run in one pocket one-handed jacked up. Got 9 so far. Does anyone know if anyone has ever done it? Here's the video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhlcU7a6Z14
I'll post it once I run 15.

Welcome to the forum, Jesse!

I admired your banking 7 and out in your short rack bank video.

Couple of questions.... You say 10 years ago, you played Ronnie Allen for quite awhile getting 8-7 playing jacked up onehanded onepocket. How much onepocket did you play back then? How good jacked up were you 10 years ago compared to today?

I forgot the kids name, but he was at last year's DCC and got into a game with Jimmy Mataya playing one handed... do you remember his name and how well does he stack up with you? I can find his name and pic here, if you need it.

Thanks and good luck with your future videos! What kind of table are you doing this on and what size pockets?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Very good job. I'm impressed. I liked you bank pool video also.:) :p
Rod.
PS, who cares( nitpicker LOL ;) ) what size the pockets are ?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
CaliRed said:
<snip> ...
I forgot the kids name, but he was at last year's DCC and got into a game with Jimmy Mataya playing one handed... do you remember his name and how well does he stack up with you? I can find his name and pic here, if you need it.
That was Timmy Heath (Mataya in background)

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
androd said:
Very good job. I'm impressed. I liked you bank pool video also.:) :p
Rod.
PS, who cares( nitpicker LOL ;) ) what size the pockets are ?

hehe... I wasn't asking that to take anything away from it, I just knew it would come up over there at the other forum:D Everyone makes such a big deal anymore over the size of the pockets. Is it double shimmed, triple shimmed, what is the facing like.. all that crap. Yeah, I admit it's tougher to pocket balls on a tight pocketed table and you can't cheat pockets to get shape and all that.... but to send a ball to a pocket is a pretty great feat in itself.

Lest we ever forget that:)

Jesse Allred

Verified Member
Thank you, glad to join the forum

Thank you, glad to join the forum

CaliRed said:
Welcome to the forum, Jesse!

I admired your banking 7 and out in your short rack bank video.

Couple of questions.... You say 10 years ago, you played Ronnie Allen for quite awhile getting 8-7 playing jacked up onehanded onepocket. How much onepocket did you play back then? How good jacked up were you 10 years ago compared to today?

Thanks and good luck with your future videos! What kind of table are you doing this on and what size pockets?

Thank you. I said he beat me 8-7 all night long, down to the last ball almost every game, we played even jacked up for $100 a game. I played a lot of one pocket jacked up with Chris McDonald for a few years too, and went to one handed because it was easier to match up that way, couldn't find a game two handed anymore that I could win without spotting a lot or playing someone over my head. One pocket is my favorite game by far, we have some good games here where I live. I don't remember the guy you're talking about, maybe with a picture or name. I've got an 8 ft in my garage, but some of my videos are on diamonds at the pool hall in Medford, OR, my hometown. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

Jesse Allred

Verified Member
shim it baby

shim it baby

CaliRed said:
hehe... I wasn't asking that to take anything away from it, I just knew it would come up over there at the other forum:D Everyone makes such a big deal anymore over the size of the pockets. Is it double shimmed, triple shimmed, what is the facing like.. all that crap. Yeah, I admit it's tougher to pocket balls on a tight pocketed table and you can't cheat pockets to get shape and all that.... but to send a ball to a pocket is a pretty great feat in itself.

Lest we ever forget that:)

LOL it is shimmed pretty tight if that stuff matters, but I'll play anyone one handed onepocket on a tight diamond also! hahaha

ps: only people who have a complete disregard for money and don't try to win too hard need apply.

Jesse Allred

Verified Member
Thank you

Thank you

Cowboy Dennis said:
Welcome to the forum Jesse and nice shootin'.

Dennis

Thank you, Dennis. Here's another video of me running out a rack jacked up behind my back. A little tougher. [ame]http://www.youtube.com/user/jessejallred#p/u/7/0aeiT2UwKw4[/ame]

Can't really do that with one pocket, too many shots you couldn't reach.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Jesse Allred said:
LOL it is shimmed pretty tight if that stuff matters, but I'll play anyone one handed onepocket on a tight diamond also! hahaha

ps: only people who have a complete disregard for money and don't try to win too hard need apply.

Great shooting Jesse...However, be careful of those broad challenges..There are two guys in Chicago, who would destroy you playing jacked up.. ;)

Oh wait,...one of them is over the hill, and the other has bad knees...(among other failing body parts)... I did not see your name on his "list".:D

PS..I never played jacked up..but I did run TWO and out one time, on a tough 5 X 10, (restie's of course)...Does that count ?.:p... It was recorded for posterity, in black and white, still photo's...(It was before "moving pictures")..:eek:

Last edited:

Jesse Allred

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Great shooting Jesse...However, be careful of those broad challenges..There are two guys in Chicago, who would destroy you playing jacked up.. ;)

Oh wait,...one of them is over the hill, and the other has bad knees...(among other failing body parts)... I did not see your name on his "list".:D

PS..I never played jacked up..but I did run TWO and out one time, on a tough 5 X 10, (restie's of course)...Does that count ?.:p... It was recorded for posterity,
in black and white, still photo's...(It was before "moving pictures")..:eek:

You are my hero! Resties always count for those who need the rest. I am glad I'm not on his list or YOUR list! You have motivated me to go practice some more, I will not sleep until I have run enough balls to make it onto some kind of list. Maybe the failing body parts list if nothing else.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Jesse Allred said:
Thank you. I said he beat me 8-7 all night long, down to the last ball almost every game, we played even jacked up for $100 a game. I played a lot of one pocket jacked up with Chris McDonald for a few years too, and went to one handed because it was easier to match up that way, couldn't find a game two handed anymore that I could win without spotting a lot or playing someone over my head. One pocket is my favorite game by far, we have some good games here where I live. I don't remember the guy you're talking about, maybe with a picture or name. I've got an 8 ft in my garage, but some of my videos are on diamonds at the pool hall in Medford, OR, my hometown. Thanks for welcoming me to the forum.

Jesse,

Just curious, did you attend RA's tournament in Bend, OR ? I believe it was early 80's ? You look like you may have been too young, to have made it.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
couple more questions for you Jesse,

1. I have always been interested in jacked up, as I got to watch a great player in Seattle back in the 80's. Soujo Boy or something like that. How would you describe to a beginner how to hold the cue and what technique do you use in order to prepare for the shot and follow thru. Also, it was said RA would use a roll of coins, did you see that in your match with him and do you ever use such a thing?

2. Have you lurked here much? If so, for how long?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
CaliRed said:

1. I have always been interested in jacked up, as I got to watch a great player in Seattle back in the 80's. Soujo Boy or something like that. How would you describe to a beginner how to hold the cue and what technique do you use in order to prepare for the shot and follow thru. Also, it was said RA would use a roll of coins, did you see that in your match with him and do you ever use such a thing?

Greg,

Let me chime in here, and then Jesse can answer your questions.
RA snd others, used to occasionally match up, using only the shaft of a jointed cue. This could involve playing EITHER one or two handed. (usually two)
As you know...a shaft weighs very little, Soooo, a roll of coins (or a narrower lead weight)... was used in the stroking hand, to give enough impetus to draw or follow, as needed.

I tried a little of that game myself, and soon found out, I played just as horrible as I did one handed, jacked up. (and THAT was horrible)..:eek:
Even the guys who were good at it, needed a VERY weak opponent, or a big spot. Thats why it soon drifted out of favor as a gaffe game. I don't think I've seen it played in 40 years.

I would guess, a roll of coins would be too cumbersome to use, (with a full cue)...even for a great one hander like Jesse.
(ICBW... but it would be a first..:cool:)

Last edited:

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
SJDinPHX said:
Greg,

RA snd others, used to occasionally match up, using only the shaft of a jointed cue. This could involve playing EITHER one or two handed. (usually two)
As you know...a shaft weighs very little, Soooo, a roll of coins (or a narrower lead weight)... was used in the stroking hand, to give enough impetus to draw or follow, as needed.

I tried a little of that game myself, and soon found out, I played just as horrible as I did one handed, jacked up. (and THAT was horrible)..:eek:
Even the guys who were good at it, needed a VERY weak opponent, or a big spot. Thats why it soon drifted out of favor as a gaffe game. I don't think I've seen it played in 40 years.

I would guess, a roll of coins would be too cumbersome to use, for even a great one hander like Jesse.
(ICBW... but it would be a first..:cool:)

Yes, my mistake... the roll of coins was for the shaft only game.. right?

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
SJDinPHX said:
Greg,

)

Most shafts are around 4 oz. RA had a shaft for his Balabushka that was weighted and well over 10 oz.

He could probably play 75% or more of his regular game with it two handed.

Jesse Allred

Verified Member
CaliRed said:

Most people make the mistake of trying to stroke using their elbow like a normal stroke, it's all in the shoulder. For most shots you should almost lock your elbow and drop the cue from up high and behind the object ball using your shoulder. For draw shots, masse's and power shots I flick my wrist and only use the elbow slightly. For behind the back jacked up its all shoulder and wrist. I'm gonna try a run with only a shaft one handed, so the weight idea is great. I've been on here a few times, but not on the forums much.