S. Murphy vs. S.V.B. 2013 D.C.C.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Murphy has a 2-1 lead this game and it's SVB's shot. What would you do?

View attachment 9717

View attachment 9718

View attachment 9719

If I were confident enough to shoot the 13ball straight on sending it "two cushions" toward the spotted ball and float the cue ball down far enough to take away the cross corner on the spotted ball (11ball) that would be my option. With this shot you are opening up a channel to be able to move the 12ball in a later inning. The 12ball is the most problematic ball for the shooter.

Bill Incardona

Bill Incardona

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I might kick the seven ball softly to make sure I don't face up to the one ball, I think this shot speed might allow the cueball and the seven kick to be controlled.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
If I were confident enough to shoot the 13ball straight on sending it "two cushions" toward the spotted ball and float the cue ball down far enough to take away the cross corner on the spotted ball (11ball) that would be my option. With this shot you are opening up a channel to be able to move the 12ball in a later inning. The 12ball is the most problematic ball for the shooter.

Bill Incardona

Bill Incardona

dr. bill
i would be concerned about hitting the 12 and then leaving a bank
you dont have much wiggle room to play with the cut on the 13 it has to be pretty straight on to me
ms1.jpg

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
for me this is safer hoping to of course freeze him on the 12 (the arrow ran out of ink.....:heh)
but not sexy enough for shane
i bet shane cut the 11 ball in and bumped the 12 on the way out of the corner.....:eek:
but heres my shot to survive
ms2.jpg

one pocket guy

Verified Member
From
Arkansas (near Memphis Tn)
My favorite

My favorite

Granted if I can I'm knocking the 12 away(can't tell if you can hit it full), but if that's not available, I'm twirl banking the ball on the spot and going two rails back up to top rail tripling him up.
PS Only if I can get up there I can't tell if passes them two balls.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
This would not surprise me from SVB
View attachment 9733
This is the first shot I saw, Frank. As long as there's not a kiss, a touch of inside would bring the CB up toward the head corner pocket. A hanger for SVB. With a little luck, the 8 would then be a blocker.

Murphy would have nothing offensive, and he might end up leaving some sort of cross-side for SVB.

If I were worried about the kiss, I'd probably just roll off the 5 ball, and put whitey near the head corner pocket.

Doc

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
I'm wondering if Shane can see the twelve ball enough to use the Danny D. "high Karate" and stick the cue ball. It is close.

I know this is not a true test with these photo images but I took a straight edge and ran it from the cue ball to the twelve and it had a clear path. So that is my shot if it can be hit. Otherwise, I think this situation is brutal. How did it get this bad?

It is imperative that SVB get something going on his side of the table soon or the damn is going to break. The key as Dr. Bill said is the twelve ball. Finding a way to get a ball on his side will open a way to change the landscape. Take a chance and bank the eleven and bring the cue ball up table as close to the five ball and the top rail as possible. Take any angle away from S. M. You will be giving up a shot but at least you might put enough pressure on S.M. to cause an error and because there is no angle to get position S. M. almost has to clear the eleven and now Shane might be out of the trap.

Tom

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Here is the image of the shot I probably would try. If I can get the cue ball close to the back rail he only has two shots at his hole and neither one offers much of a second shot.

Tom

Attachments

• attachment[1].jpg
    attachment[1].jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 0

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
I was wondering if there is enough room to get the 5 past the 10 with force follow to get the CB near the the top left corner

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Granted if I can I'm knocking the 12 away(can't tell if you can hit it full)

Very good Fish, you win a cookie:).

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXA338ro1mo[/ame]

SVB did indeed shoot the 12 straight-on and put a little force-follow on the cueball which I cannot properly show with Greenshot but you get the idea.

svb's shot.jpg

He left Murphy here:

svb's leave.jpg