Accidentally moving balls

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Has anyone run into the problem where your opponent puts the ball "back" in a spot that was not the original spot but is now advantageous for him?

beatle

Verified Member
Of course that's his option. You can argue and try to get it a little better for youself.
that keeps it from being a foul as your opponent doesn't have to be worse off from your mistake

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Has anyone run into the problem where your opponent puts the ball "back" in a spot that was not the original spot but is now advantageous for him?

There's a story about the great Miami, Isaac Gonzales or Rodregues, or something--one of the greatest one handed players to ever live). Anyway, he's playing some guy and the guy disturbs an object ball and says, "I moved that ball, put it wherever you like." Miami picked it up and put it in the jaws of his pocket.

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
This happened to me. Gent I play 11-6 (me-him) was stretching over a ball with two bridges and dropped his cue on top a stack of five balls which all moved. At the time score was 8 to -2 (before the foul). He wanted to take the foul and leave me where he was (the whole thing worked really good for him by pushing 4 balls in front of his hole). Not wanting to lose a good "customer" I said that was fine but in my heart if it was me (also considering the score and the game was probably at the 45 min mark) I would have conceded the game.

I'm not sure what the correct thing to do. I blasted the balls and made one of his balls and slopped a ball into my hole :lol The balls know who is supposed to win and can be a great Karma meter.

So in the end...is moving multiple balls a loss of game?

beatle

Verified Member
when gambling make the rules you want to play by. or learn the local rules in the house you play in.

if i have a lock which i usually do i just let him do whatever he wants to me.