Tunica - scuttlebutt

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, I finally got off my butt and booked Tunica: Friday thru Tuesday. I hated to take 4 days off work, but the allure of a good event in my home state was too attractive.

So what is the 1p.o head count? I believe these guys are going: Billy I., Beard, DeeMan, John B., Col. Bille, Pelican, Doc, and Walter (?). I'll have to phone Gbru to see if he's going (surely he is). Who else of our guys is going?

I'm sure there will be many guys from Mississippi, Louisiana, and Alabama going to this one, so there will be plenty of action. This year there will be 9 tables in an "action" area, so there will be plenty of tables available for private contests.

Unfortunately, it looks to me from the floor plan that there will only be twenty-eight 9-foot tournament tables (including the TV table). There will be four 10-footers, and 63 bar boxes. Evidently the two arenas are divided, but adjoining, with the big tables in one site, and the action room and toy tables in another.

I'm sure that the Veranda Hotel will be adequate, but the reviews I read are equivocal, including some pretty bad ones. There are reportedly no refrigerators in the rooms, and the internet costs $12 per day. Oh well, at least the hotel appears close to the venue-- in contrast to the DCC.

Any comments?.....~Doc

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Jason Moran is riding with me... I am still dragging the 5th wheel and will get there thursday night... For those who care I will probably be sitting outside having a cold refreshing beverage about 9 that evening, watching some kind of instruction tapes...

B

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Tapes....

Tapes....

....and beverages,a true American pastime.Glad to hear the news of the good times down South,cheers,Jack

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
looking good for me:)
arrive sunday
probably settled in by 5 pm
leaving wednesday...:eek:...:(...:mad:
hope to meet as many 1p.orgers as possible

Deeman

Verified Member
I get there on Saturday afternoon if rain does not fall on ourbikes!

DeeMan

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
partners matchups

partners matchups

any chances of some one pocket partner matches on the 10 foot tables... I am game for some if anyone else is... of course there are a few here who would have to spot me 4 or 5 balls but what the hell it would be fun...

B

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I might be there, I am going on a bit of a road trip soon riding around the country. I am doing it more for sight seeing then for pool, I do not play good enough to do that yet, haha. I might try and make it for the one pocket to sweat it before I head to SC to visit family and then up to NY to see more family/friends.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I hope you make it, Lenny. I'm guessing that the Tunica event won't be as crowded as it is in Indiana. The first year of an event, many guys lay back waiting to see what develops. That means there may be more tables available for practice and matching up. The action room will have 12 tables!

I spoke with Gbru (George), who said he might make it. Between him, DeeMan, and Col. Bille, the refreshments will be flowing...:cool:

Doc