Using the Frost/Orcullo 1pkt match to promote pool internationally

jalapus logan

Verified Member
Just thinking out loud here. This is an exciting match in a great game that most international audiences are not familiar with. Since Ronnie O'Sullivan is a big cue sports name internationally and apparently has developed a recent affinity for onepocket, then I humbly suggest that Lenny & crew reach out to his people to see about a follow up challenge match with the winner of Frost/Orcullo. I'm thinking that great international exposure could promote the game and the players...at least here's to hoping. :D

sneakynito

Verified Member
From
Houston, TX
Race to 40 one pocket on a snooker table!
Match of the century! Or is it century long match?

I agree, though. Would be fun to watch.

jalapus logan

Verified Member
Well, I have to admit that I don't watch much pro pool, mostly because 9 and 10 ball are boring and predictable. But onepocket showcases some real creative thinking and shot making Combine that with a big name like Ronnie and you may have at least a niche market. But I think that this niche might be pleasantly surprising.

bobt64

Verified Member
From
Green Valley, AZ
Actually just played some 1P on our 10' snooker table the other day. Really changes the game since shots that are taken for granted on a pool table become very difficult on a snooker table. If they played on a 12' table and got into a wedge the game might never end. I also wouldn't discount Ronnies chances by any means.

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
If they played it on a super tight 6 x 12 snooker table, like a race to 20 over 4 days, Ronnie might surprise a lot of people... He would have a good chance to win IMO... Against all players with the possible exception of Alex Pagulayan... Shot making would be at a much bigger premium by far than moving... What good would it do to beat him to the shot, only to miss a hanger and sell out.., cause Ronnie ain't gonna miss all that often... :).

I think he would have a great chance to beat all the top one pocket players just because he hardly ever misses...JMHO

Talk about shooter vs. mover... On this equipment, the shooter wins...

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Just thinking out loud here. This is an exciting match in a great game that most international audiences are not familiar with. Since Ronnie O'Sullivan is a big cue sports name internationally and apparently has developed a recent affinity for onepocket, then I humbly suggest that Lenny & crew reach out to his people to see about a follow up challenge match with the winner of Frost/Orcullo. I'm thinking that great international exposure could promote the game and the players...at least here's to hoping. :D

I wish what you hope is true but here in the US there just isn't the interest especially for 1 pkt. did you see the spectator table around the pool table? empty. when scott played efrin here in tucson it was embarrassing. you could get in for free and still very few came. even the phoenix people didn't come down to suport their friend play,

it would be great to see 1 pkt become popular but i don't think it will happen, even the idea of big money matches doesn't seem to get people interested. another point that really blows me away is when watching the match on tv you see people playing on the neighboring tables. they play pool and their not interested. i think that alone speaks to the situation. keith

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Well, I have to admit that I don't watch much pro pool, mostly because 9 and 10 ball are boring and predictable. But onepocket showcases some real creative thinking and shot making Combine that with a big name like Ronnie and you may have at least a niche market. But I think that this niche might be pleasantly surprising.

I think you've got a great idea there.

I'd suggest one pocket on a 5 X 10, tight pockets.

I'll bet interested sponsors could be found in Great Britain as well as U.S.