To those who know about photo editting

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Tyler, This might just be my best option. That is if I can learn to do without too much difficulty what you did with this image. I thank you and I thank all others who have added their wisdom to helping me with this problem. That wei program and the pool.bz program will come in handy too.

Tom

You would get it for sure. For the stuff you want to do you could search for tips on youtube after buying the software for stuff like "compositing" "making selections" "layering".

The start is the hardest, then things get better after you learn a few things, then your skills snowball after a while.

RedCard

Verified Member
Here is another version of that table, complete with an excellent shot coach.

Attachments

• Table.jpg
    Table.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 0

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
You would get it for sure. For the stuff you want to do you could search for tips on youtube after buying the software for stuff like "compositing" "making selections" "layering".

The start is the hardest, then things get better after you learn a few things, then your skills snowball after a while.

Here is another version of that table, complete with an excellent shot coach.

This looks like the way I want to go. If you wouldn't mind Tyler and Red, could I see what this image would look like superimposed over the background of the image in the wwyd player A vs player B thread post #42. That is if it isn't too much trouble.

Thanks guys,

Tom

RedCard

Verified Member
Tom...

Tom...

Maybe something like this.

Attachments

• Table2.jpg
    Table2.jpg
    203.7 KB · Views: 0

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida

Wow! That looks great! I think you've got something there, Red.
Sorry, I don't know your name. ?

Was that difficult to do - master the technique? And one more question please. Which version of photoshop did you use? I saw a few options there and would like to purchase the simplest one which will accomplish this task.

Great Job, Redcard. You and Tyler are really helping out here.

Thanks,

Tom

RedCard

Verified Member
Wow! That looks great! I think you've got something there, Red.
Sorry, I don't know your name. ?

Was that difficult to do - master the technique? And one more question please. Which version of photoshop did you use? I saw a few options there and would like to purchase the simplest one which will accomplish this task.

Great Job, Redcard. You and Tyler are really helping out here.

Thanks,

Tom
Thanks Tom. I have Photoshop CC 2014, you don't need that. If you want to learn Photoshop get the latest version of Photoshop Elements. I think it's around $70-80 and will work for what you want done and more. It does have a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it can be fun. If you get a copy of an image editing program, whether Photoshop or something else, be sure to get one for the platform (ie: Mac or PC) that you use. Photoshop Elements seems to be cheaper at Amazon, I think it's around $100.00 at Adobe.com. My wife used to mess around with Paint Shop Pro by Corel, I think it'll do what you want to do too. It's closer to $40-50 and will be easier to learn.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-Elements-Mac-Download/dp/B00F8LK4SO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1407522466&sr=8-1&keywords=photoshop+elements+12+mac[/ame]

Good luck.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Thanks Tom. I have Photoshop CC 2014, you don't need that. If you want to learn Photoshop get the latest version of Photoshop Elements. I think it's around $70-80 and will work for what you want done and more. It does have a bit of a learning curve but once you get the hang of it, it can be fun. If you get a copy of an image editing program, whether Photoshop or something else, be sure to get one for the platform (ie: Mac or PC) that you use. Photoshop Elements seems to be cheaper at Amazon, I think it's around $100.00 at Adobe.com. My wife used to mess around with Paint Shop Pro by Corel, I think it'll do what you want to do too. It's closer to $40-50 and will be easier to learn.

http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photosh...466&sr=8-1&keywords=photoshop+elements+12+mac

Good luck.

I just went to amazon and looked up photoshop elements 12. $65 + shipping. I saw that some people were having trouble getting the program to work on their mac and pc. Red, what do you think? I have a windows 8 PC and a Dell laptop I would like to use for this job. Do you think I will hav any of these problems?

Tom

treeMan

Verified Member
I just went to amazon and looked up photoshop elements 12. $65 + shipping. I saw that some people were having trouble getting the program to work on their mac and pc. Red, what do you think? I have a windows 8 PC and a Dell laptop I would like to use for this job. Do you think I will hav any of these problems?

Tom

Tom you might want to consider playing around with a free image editing program called "The Gimp". It is quite powerful, and did I mention it's free?

http://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-win/

tree

RedCard

Verified Member

Tom

The image editor Gimp that treeMan mentioned might be a better option than buying Photoshop Elements. I had forgot about it, it’s free and although I’ve never used it it’s supposed to be about as full featured as Photoshop. Another option would be to try Photoshop Elements trial version, it’ll work for 30 days then you can buy it or not. There is also a similar free trial available for Paint Shop Pro, that might be something for you to look at. It’s $60 after the trial if you like it. For what you want to do (I think) Photoshop/Gimp and other very powerful image processors would probably be overkill and they do take some time to learn. My wife had earlier versions of Paint Shop Pro several years ago when she had Windows computers and I think I messed around with it a little and it was easy to learn and fun.

Here are links for the Photoshop Elements trial, the Paint Shop Pro trial and another one for Gimp although treeMan has already covered that.

http://www.gimpshop.com/full_version/gimp_photo_editor/?gclid=CLTL4bzohMACFYhcMgodQHQAqg

http://www.adobe.com/cfusion/tdrc/index.cfm?product=photoshop_elements&loc=en&promoid=DJDVC

https://store.paintshoppro.com/1184...NKSsemKWSpsp&gclid=CImSucPqhMACFSsSMwodDRYAsQ

tylerdurden

Verified Member

Nice.

Yeah Tom, I have never used PS elements, but that trial does sound perfect for you. Give it a test run with no risk. I suppose you may want to try some of the free stuff, but from my experience you don't want to skimp -- but those free programs may be much better than they once were.

You also may want to consider there are probably better, clearer tutorials and help from people for the adobe products as well, because they are so universally used.

RedCard

Verified Member
Nice.

Yeah Tom, I have never used PS elements, but that trial does sound perfect for you. Give it a test run with no risk. I suppose you may want to try some of the free stuff, but from my experience you don't want to skimp -- but those free programs may be much better than they once were.

You also may want to consider there are probably better, clearer tutorials and help from people for the adobe products as well, because they are so universally used.

Good points. The last time I messed with a copy of Photoshop Elements it had tips and sort of mini-tutorials that you could access as questions arise, which they will. It's more consumer oriented, not presuming much basic knowledge of how to use it.

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Thanks for the advice gentlemen. I will take you all up on the idea of the trial session before I buy. Maybe if I get into trouble I'll be sending a "please help!" PM once in a while. I only need to do a couple basic things so I doubt there will be too many smoke signals. :)

Thanks, and you too Dustin. :D

Tom

Jimmy B

Verified Member

Right you are again, TD. People make fun of me for being like a you tube junkie, but you can get info quickly and entertainment. A while back I bought some 40 cal, 9mm, and 380 pistols, and wanted to break them down to clean thoroughly. Well, I just went to youtube and there some guys are, going over how to do so. Well, most anyone can take them apart. I just wanted to make sure how to get them together just right and you can pause it. Then I got a tutorial on how to make a silencer, which was excellent. And if you are still too lazy to make a silencer, it goes over how to get an adapter and just go get an oil filter to use as a suppressor. And a few minutes ago, I was watching Frankie Laine do a public performance at 92 years of age. I put it up in the video section. The BB house is raging too. Frankie told them all about his sis, Ariana Grande last nite..

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Right you are again, TD. People make fun of me for being like a you tube junkie, but you can get info quickly and entertainment. A while back I bought some 40 cal, 9mm, and 380 pistols, and wanted to break them down to clean thoroughly. Well, I just went to youtube and there some guys are, going over how to do so. Well, most anyone can take them apart. I just wanted to make sure how to get them together just right and you can pause it. Then I got a tutorial on how to make a silencer, which was excellent. And if you are still too lazy to make a silencer, it goes over how to get an adapter and just go get an oil filter to use as a suppressor. And a few minutes ago, I was watching Frankie Laine do a public performance at 92 years of age. I put it up in the video section. The BB house is raging too. Frankie told them all about his sis, Ariana Grande last nite..

Right I am "again".

Oh please point out, for my own sake, the other time I was right :D

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
A pretty Good Line up

A pretty Good Line up

Here's a photo that needs NO editing!

View attachment 10552

Bill Staton ("Weenie Beenie"), Ronnie Allen ("Fast Eddie"), Eddie Taylor ("The Knoxville Bear"), Marshall Carpenter ("The Tuscaloosa Squirrel"), Joe Balsis ("The Meatman"), Danny Gartner ("Young Greenleaf"), Irving Crane ("The Deacon") & Jack Breit ("Jersey Red")

From Johnston City, 1965

Last edited:

Tom Wirth

Verified Member
From
Delray Beach, Florida
Just throwing this out for opinion only. You all have seen the earlier images which were posted by Redcard and Tyler with the use of Photoshop. I thank you both once again for that. And I also wish to thank the others who have offered their sincere suggestions. Much appreciated!

So here is an image where the background has been blacked out with the use of "paint". I will refrain from providing my own opinion until I hear of yours. I don't wish to bias any opinions.

Thanks to all,

Tom

PS I obviously need to be more careful with staying within the lines. I always had trouble with coloring books!

Attachments

• IMG_0751.JPG
    IMG_0751.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 0

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Just throwing this out for opinion only. You all have seen the earlier images which were posted by Redcard and Tyler with the use of Photoshop. I thank you both once again for that. And I also wish to thank the others who have offered their sincere suggestions. Much appreciated!

So here is an image where the background has been blacked out with the use of "paint". I will refrain from providing my own opinion until I hear of yours. I don't wish to bias any opinions.

Thanks to all,

Tom

PS I obviously need to be more careful with staying within the lines. I always had trouble with coloring books!

Looks better than the others.
Rod.

tylerdurden

Verified Member

Thanks to all,

Tom

It looks great to me.