Perspective CA Billiards

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I got there the same day as Frank Almanza, a couple three hours later than he. We both miscued and had a good laugh. I got there, called the Hotel and said they would be out in about twenty minutes. Twenty-25 minutes passed and the van showed up, return trip only took 10 minutes to get to the hotel hummmmmmm.:confused:

Wow that was quick. Well guess what....there are 3 hotels with the same name and they all have shuttles....so....I got on the wrong one + my luggage was sittin' in Salt Lake. So I finally arrive, get together with Frank, and the EXACT same scenario happened to him 3 hours earlier. :lol Old age is a bitch at times.

Tournament;
Here's what I got outta it, and mind you I have played in 100's of events all over the country and this took me back, to Johnson City and the great BS and moments that only transpire around men that respect not only the game but the business side of the game/gambling. It was step back in time, as was the one at Bogies that truly made the whole weekend....''like the days of yesteryear'', and the way players should ACT and TREAT others.

The pants hanging down, the loud music, the sharking, the lack of jerks and such was NON EXISTENT. When someone outside the .Org players complains about not being able to play, we already know what they are ''really'' saying.

Our group of guyzs does it's best and successfully most all the time, by treating others in a fair and respectful manner, and we respect the rules of play.

Guys....it reminds of the Janscos days, three weeks of heavy hitters and lots of action and new relationships being formed. But when I saw Freddy for the first time at Janscos with those BLACK large rimmed glasses 1970-71 ish, I knew he was on a different course, they gambled allot back in those days.