A pinch of advice please?

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Kill.....

Kill.....

......THE ANGLE,as in shorten or stiffen or pinch.Same same ya bra??[Hawaiian beach boy rap].....thats all I know which isnt much as usual.Hows Grady doing?Glad you are his friend,cheers,James

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
Many thanks y'all (that's the southern version of 'yous guys' Freddie :D )

I have always used 'straighten', 'tighten', or 'shorten'. Now if somebody says 'pinch' I won't look stupid. OK OK I'll still look stupid but at least I'll know what they are talking about.

I talked with Grady the end of the week. He has finished his second round of chemo. He was in good spirits and, while still weak, his voice seemed a bit stronger. Grady has a lot of friends James, it's just my turn at bat ;).

Thanks for the kind thought, Pel

John Brumback

Verified Member
I hear the term 'pinch' the ball used. Could someone please define for a DA like me?

Thanks, Pel

Me too Pal,I mean Pel. How do you pinch a pool ball? Makes no since to me either.
Guess that's why I have never used the term.No,really,I know what It means,
I just don't think It's a very good term to use IMO. I would guess there's alot of people that wouldn't have a clue what It might mean.Oh well, no biggie.
John B.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I hear ya......

I hear ya......

.......John B.Saturday night and I suppose your in the middle of a match somewhere down South.......just watching a video and Grady is doing the commentary with Jerry McWorter as Archer and Rafael are tied 8-8 playing 9-ball[sorry gents].Was wondering if you are reading this Pelican and if you have seen him lately???Bank on men,James

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
QUOTE=usblues;81352].......John B.Saturday night and I suppose your in the middle of a match somewhere down South.......just watching a video and Grady is doing the commentary with Jerry McWorter as Archer and Rafael are tied 8-8 playing 9-ball[sorry gents].Was wondering if you are reading this Pelican and if you have seen him lately???Bank on men,James[/QUOTE]

Actually USBlues, I am sending this from his computer. I got to Lexington about 4:30 this afternoon. Went and picked Grady up and we had supper at Applebees. We talked some, ogled a young things behind (as old guys do), and had a nice meal. He is stronger than last I saw him but is still kinda hard to hear. Then again my wife tells me I'm hard of hearing so it may be me. I told him we had received $430 in support donations and he was moved and very grateful. His next round of chemo is Nov 8th.

I am spending the night at his apartment and will get him in the morning for breakfast at the Awful House, oops Waffle House. Then we have some documents to get signed and notorized, visit for a while, then I'll head back to LA (Lower Alabama). Trying to get as much done as possible as it may be a month before I can get back up after my surgery next Thursday, depending on how fast the old body heals up. I have found that it is very true that you don't recover from stuff as fast when you are in your 60's as you did in your 30's :frus . Oh well, getting old beats the alternative. Long as I can do fer myself I be happy. Just glad to be smellin' the Roses and not the Roots :D

Many thanks to everyone that helped out. Later, Pel

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Kind words.....

Kind words.....

.....are inspiration for us all.I had no idea the chemo treatments at the Awful House were part of the recovery process.Must be the syrup..........yes,as long as a body can do fer himself, all is well at our stage of the game.I swear some mornings its hill-hill all over again and tomorrow will be stormy if we make it through the night.Sure is nice to have somebody to lean on and Grady is indeed fortunate to have an alumnus of LA[lower alabam] for counsel and navigation through the pouring rain.But I digress,its just that lately I have been surrounded by the Reaper more than anytime since the Nam.A friend here,a cousin there,on and on with it.Getting old is getting old.I hope your circumstances too, turn out to be successful with that surgery.......well,enough jabbering,take care Pel and see you on the run,James

Pelican

Verified Member
From
Magnolia Springs, AL
...its just that lately I have been surrounded by the Reaper more than anytime since the Nam.A friend here,a cousin there,on and on with it.Getting old is getting old.I hope your circumstances too, turn out to be successful with that surgery.......well,enough jabbering,take care Pel and see you on the run,James

Many years ago Jmes, me old daddy told one way to tell yer gettin' old is when yer friend start dyin'. There is some truth in that.

Gardy called to check on me, there's a new twist. I'll be OK in about 8 weeks or so. They found another hernia after they got started so the total was; 3 hernias (one was very large), gallbladder, plus they cut off so much belly skin I lost my cottinpickin' bellybutton. Some folks have innies, some folks have outies, I got a gonner.:lol Grady starts his next round of chemo tomorrow.

Later my friends, Pel

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
I have....

I have....

....not had the pleasure of a hernia op but it sounds tough.Good thing your still young and strong.A guy just wants a clean exit though your a long way from that I reckon.Healthy habits and you'll be back at the table soon were hoping.Say hi to Grady and keep on keepin on my friend,James