Rules Question

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Our own rules never clearly specified if moving more than one ball was a foul, so we would currently be deferring to the standard rules. Now it sounds like the standard rules aren't so clear either, lol.

When we re-tighten our own rules we should clear that up. In the meantime, the question should be added to the short list that players who like to ask fresh opponents such questions, along with:

• 3 fouls in effect?
  • whole ball or base of ball?
  • object ball off the table a foul or not?
  • cue ball fouls only -- except move two its a foul (or even potentially interfere with the shot even if you only moved one)
i think this would need to be included

BrookelandBilly

Verified Member
From
Fair Oaks Ranch, Texas
Rules Question

if you rake all 15 balls toward your pocket the opponent gets to put them back where he thinks they were and he decides that, so i hope my opponent does that on every shot.

no one does any of this stuff all they do is make a mistake and move some balls. so why not just move them back and continue.

There is a story about Jersey Red who did exactly that when his opponent accused him of cheating. He moved all the balls to his opponents hole. He said “there, feel better?” Of course his opponent had no shot. The arrangement of the balls blocked his hole.