S. Daulton vs. S. Frost 2009 D.C.C.

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Dennis, I noticed in the first picture Shannon's cue ball went to the bottom rail then to the side rail which is opposite of how I would play the cue ball, too risky to play it like he did, for sure. If you don't mind maybe you can take another look at the clip and confirm how he played the cue ball. Thanks.

Dr. Bill

I'm glad you posted this. I was thinking to myself, "wow, I really need to work on my follow shots, cuz I would probably scratch on that one."

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Daulton played it three rails up & down. He did not even try to make the ball, he was playing all defense. He floated the cueball very nicely with a lot of spin on it.

View attachment 14221

He left it here for Frost:

View attachment 14222

If he went to the bottom rail first, that table must be ''real fast''. Going that way he brings the pocket/scratch into play. I thought he hit the long rail first, because of the distance of the struck ball.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Exactly what I thought. :heh

He must of hit that ball with a gearing cue ball that barely missed the double kiss, because the gearing steered the obj. ball a ball right of the cue ball. Sometimes the camera angle make sthe shooter appear straight on too the shot as this one did. But the track of whitey told the truth as always.