Dec 1-4th Space City Open V One Pocket, Banks & 9 Ball

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Well, I decided to enter the one pocket division, mainly because it's here and it ain't a bad drive... It's geared for the night shift people, they aren't even starting the one pocket players auction until 9:00 PM tonight, :frus after the 9 ball auction, :mad: which starts at 7:00 PM. Backwards IMO...I imagine it will be at least 10:30 or 11:00 PM before the 1st one pocket match kicks off and they are playing 2 rounds tonight, so I look for it to be 4:00 AM before getting back to La Casa... That's my usual wake up time, 4:00 or 4:30 in the morning... Then we will be expected to be up and ready at 10:00 AM. Am I the only person who believes this is bordering on insanity?

I'm just curious, are other tournaments run in this manner?

Enough, enough rant, it worthless, and it won't ever change a damn thing, the young rule, as I suppose they should...:):)

Fairly strong field, led by Scott Frost among 7 or 8 other strong contenders...
I'm in there to just round out the field, cannon fodder supreme, but I intend to not go softly into the night... Fight fight fight until it's daylight... :lol:lol

Wish me luck fellas.... I'm gonna need it..:rolleyes:

darmoose

Verified Member
From
Baltimore, MD
Man! That's a tough one, Darmoose. I can relate. Had a 21mm stone removed a couple of years back. He had to use a laser to break it up, then lithotripsy as a followup. Since I was anesthetized it wasn't all that bad. But later when he pulled out that catheter, it was the worst pain I've ever experienced. I told him he'd never get the chance to do THAT again... But if I hadn't had those methods, I'd have needed to have the procedure that you did.

Hope you're back to normal in no time!

~Doc

Thanks Doc,

What they end up doing has a lot to do with size and hardness of the stone, as I'm sure you know. Also, the size of my ureter tubes (naturally they are small) The procedure used on me was invented by these two Docs that worked on me. It involves a long needle into the kidney, then a balloon slips down over the needle and is inflated, then a plastic tube is slid in over the balloon, the balloon and needle are extracted and they operate in the kidey thru the straw. They seal it all up with a foam plug, a couple of stitches and a Band-Aid.

The pain and trying to piss these past two days is definitely memorable. I am getting better slowly, so hopefully I can get back to one pocket soon.

Thanks to all for the well wishes.:focus

Darrell

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Well, I decided to enter the one pocket division, mainly because it's here and it ain't a bad drive... It's geared for the night shift people, they aren't even starting the one pocket players auction until 9:00 PM tonight, :frus after the 9 ball auction, :mad: which starts at 7:00 PM. Backwards IMO...I imagine it will be at least 10:30 or 11:00 PM before the 1st one pocket match kicks off and they are playing 2 rounds tonight, so I look for it to be 4:00 AM before getting back to La Casa... That's my usual wake up time, 4:00 or 4:30 in the morning... Then we will be expected to be up and ready at 10:00 AM. Am I the only person who believes this is bordering on insanity?

I'm just curious, are other tournaments run in this manner?

Enough, enough rant, it worthless, and it won't ever change a damn thing, the young rule, as I suppose they should...:):)

Fairly strong field, led by Scott Frost among 7 or 8 other strong contenders...
I'm in there to just round out the field, cannon fodder supreme, but I intend to not go softly into the night... Fight fight fight until it's daylight... :lol:lol

Wish me luck fellas.... I'm gonna need it..:rolleyes:
good luck jeff ..:)
here is my advice regarding the schedule
just stay up till the tourney continues at 10am ....:eek:......:heh
i saw that in the brochure regarding the auction at 9 THEN 2 rounds
imho......RIDICULOUS

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
good luck jeff ..:)
here is my advice regarding the schedule
just stay up till the tourney continues at 10am ....:eek:......:heh
i saw that in the brochure regarding the auction at 9 THEN 2 rounds
imho......RIDICULOUS

Good luck Jeff. When they hold a seniors event at Derby City they start at midnight. Of course they also let those 60 year old youngsters in too.:D