This is for Artie, enjoy it!

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Artie; I know for sure you'll enjoy this clip of Willie Hoppe plyn billiards!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc4iaJWu8Ak&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc4iaJWu8Ak&feature=related[/ame]

Enjoy buddy
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
mr3cushion said:
Artie; I know for sure you'll enjoy this clip of Willie Hoppe plyn billiards!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sc4iaJWu8Ak&feature=related

Enjoy buddy
Bill Smith "Mr3Cushion"

That was great MR. 3 coushion. Sure was a great player. And new what he was doing.

His side arm stroke that he learned when he was a little kid. And that tri pox bridge. Sure is something too look at.

Not too meny players used it. But two off the greatest Hoppie and worst used it.

He looks real solid at the table. And has a lot off power on his stroke.

You can even see how delicate his stroke was on some off his shots.

And he was nothinh but class.

I think they drest a little better then the pool players off today.

And everything looket classer back then. Even the audeance.

But three coushion was always a classer game then pool. And its a real fun game to play and learn.

But Hoppoe is one off the greatest ever. And thier bridge looks real solid.

A very great tape. THanks a lot. Its always good too see some great players older then me.

And he was a very commited player.

Raymond Culimans brings out the same great playing and class.

And thier are other players in that class. Like Worst Cochren NAvara Chimoco And some great players from today.

Wouldnt it be great too put together a tournement with the 12 best 3 coushion players in life.

All playong thier greatest game. A round robine and see who wins.

But like some things that can never be. But thier sure would be somm real great players.

THat would be the greatesr tournement ever.

But thanks for bring up one off the great legionds off Three Coushion.

And he played straight rail and the balk line games real good too.

All I can say a classy game with a classy player.

If you werent such a yound wipper snapper. You could have played him.

But its better to be her then too be gone.

But you can share your three coushion knowledge and player any time.

Because thier are very few off you guys around.

And I am sure you have other great goodies in youre collection?

Jimmy B

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
Very enjoyable link, Bill. Hoppe's powerful stroke almost made it seem as though he was playing on modern equipment!

Doc

Is there anywhere that you have made any writings about your times wi Zappa? Were you with him when he was pushed off stage and so badly injured in the fall. I would love to read any writings about your musical and chiro career also..........................

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
gulfportdoc said:
Very enjoyable link, Bill. Hoppe's powerful stroke almost made it seem as though he was playing on modern equipment!

Doc

I was thinking they same thing. You must be reading my mind.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Jimmy B said:
Is there anywhere that you have made any writings about your times wi Zappa? Were you with him when he was pushed off stage and so badly injured in the fall. I would love to read any writings about your musical and chiro career also..........................
Hey Jimmy! I think the assault on Frank was in 1971 in London. I'd been in the band from 1967-1970.

People have been after me for years to write about the Zappa & Beefheart days, but the project just seems too daunting to me. I have done loads of interviews in books, magazines and on video. There's a fairly well done video called Frank Zappa and the Mothers of Invention in the 1960's done a few years ago. It's available on Amazon.

The English rock historian Fred Barnes has done excellent books on both Zappa and Beefheart. I'm interviewed extensively in both of those.

If you're interested there's a Wikipedia page on me: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Tripp And I have a modest website: www.traditionalchiropractic.com Look under "Hollywood Days" for old weirdo pictures...;)

Doc