What I did, what did he do?

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
Here's another WEI table layout that Rod posted over two years ago with the same title. Here are Rod's words from that post pertaining to this layout:

androd said:
Page #2 His shot, I took a foul and got the 9 dead in my pocket. He needed 1 ball. He made a shot here that left me completely helpless.:confused: I'll know what to try if I'm ever in this situation. What would you shoot ?
Rod

Rod 1.jpg

You have pocket 'B' and need one ball, what would you do?

Dennis

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
Let me get this straight before I give my opinion. According to the ball count are you're giving him a 9/7 game? If so , then I would push the nine ball past the string and take the cue ball to a safe place not to give up a bank on the nine or the seven. It looks difficult to take the five out so he might have to give it up with a scratch.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I believe I skim off the 9-ball, with the intention of nudging the 9-ball over the headstring line, and drawing to the end rail.

Attachments

• Greenshot_2012-12-06_22-35-21.jpg
    Greenshot_2012-12-06_22-35-21.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 0

tonygreen

Well-Known-Member
Hold on a second ... "I need one here?" ... if i don't attempt to 2 rail kick this big ball in (did i miss the point here?)
... Holiday Wishes and Cheers!!! u could take a scratch and roll the Q a quarter of an inch onto the 9 but that would be extremely passive.

tylerdurden

Verified Member
^right. Speaking as one who generally loves kicking at "money" hanging in his hole, I would pass on kicking this. I would concentrate on leaving him close to that corner on the side rail (i'd go end rail to side rail off the 9).