I can't say no to my pals Jeff & Chris...

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
what if you stopped the CB right there where the 13 is?

It would be behind the stack and you would still push 3 or 4 balls by your hole. Would you like that shot better than coming off the 12? (just curious)

If you don't get something by your hole, or freeze the CB to the rail, dragging down off the 2 will be available for him, and not difficult. (roll forward just a little or freeze the CB and that shot gets much harder.)

John - I know a few people said to shoot the 8. But even being a foot from the object ball, my confidence is pretty low on that shot personally.

I'd have to see it at the table, but spinning off the 8 cut to get at least to 1/2 ball hit on the right side of the 13 is one of the few shots I happen to hit above my pay grade. If I thought that was possible it's almost certainly what I would shoot, but I think it's slightly off-angle (need CB an inch/inch-and-a-half to the right.)

baby huey

Verified Member
Ghosty, welcome back. I'm a bit suspicious about this wwyd that you posted. It seems a bit too simple to cross bank the stripped ball. So what are you trying to tell us? As the balls lie, nothing much goes in the opponents pocket except the two balls down by the bottom rail. I'm inclined not to open up the stack just yet and to shoot the eight ball down the rail and leave the cueball on the bottom rail and let my opponent shoot the long straight on that stripped ball. Actually the eight ball should be played into the two ball and push it towards my hole and also play the safety leaving him the long straight in.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I m shooting the 12/9 combo with the 12 coming around to my hole and the nine coming up to bump the eight. My cue ball ends up on the 14.

beatle

Verified Member
only way i am going down there is if i could get the 13 to hit the 1,15 combo and it goes to the hole.
but i will shoot the 8 and watch the rest of the people tick around till they sell out..

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Going off the 12 is the easiest for sure and it can end up decent for you but the main reason I like my shot better is because if you go off the 12 and come up by the 13, first off you are leaving a ball on his side that he can make in his hole when given an opportunity and secondly, if you leave him the 2 or 3 or some other cross corner, it could change the tides.

With my shot, due to the angle of you banking the 13, its going to move the 14 and probably 12, 9 and 13 all near your hole. This will make taking a cross corner out of the question because of all the balls near your hole. Plus if you hit it good and get him close to the stack or even in that catchers mit, he is in serious trouble.

(trying to do better at defending my choices as Jeff mentioned months ago hehe)

There is definitely a possibility of leaving a bank on the 3 or the 2 ball, you are correct... But it won't be without risk, the 9 ball should be near the pocket and easily makeable should he stubb his toe, so the only bank I would consider shooting is one where I had a good angle to go 3/4 rails around the table and fall under the newly repositioned 9 ball... I'm going to come off the 12 ball and try to freeze the CB to the long rail, making it as difficult as possible to hit anything other than the top of the CB, thereby making the around the table shot tough to execute...

Last edited:

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
Good points Jeff and John!

Jeff - even if the angle isn't perfect, what if you stopped the CB right there where the 13 is? It would be behind the stack and you would still push 3 or 4 balls by your hole. Would you like that shot better than coming off the 12? (just curious)

John - I know a few people said to shoot the 8. But even being a foot from the object ball, my confidence is pretty low on that shot personally. If the 8 were a couple of inches further down towards my hole, then maybe if I thought I could shoot a 2 way and get the CB under the 13, but otherwise its too scary for me plus I think both shots (my 13 bank and whoever first suggested coming off the 12) are both better choices and would be more effective.

Also, same reason why I don't shoot the 2 even though its straight in. If I miss, I probably lose the game.

Looking forward to seeing what Ghost/Clyde did in these shots...

In answer to your question about banking the 13 and stopping right there...
To me it looks long, like you might bank it through the gap and not move anything towards your pocket...I'm fairly certain it lays long with no possibility of moving the 14 on the foot rail by just killing the CB right there... Take a close look at it and tell me what you think...

P.S. I really like your shot better than mine... If at the table I thought I could pull it off, I'd shoot it over the fairly timid move off the 12...

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
To me it looks long, like you might bank it through the gap and not move anything towards your pocket...I'm fairly certain it lays long with no possibility of moving the 14 on the foot rail by just killing the CB right there... Take a close look at it and tell me what you think...

P.S. I really like your shot better than mine... If at the table I thought I could pull it off, I'd shoot it over the fairly timid move off the 12...

I'm sticking with rolling into the 13 full in the face, just hard enough to get the CB to the rail. He's got no offensive shot and the table favors you a lot from here.

Last edited:

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH

If I get up to the table and it looks like the 13 banks too long Jeff, I am just going to hit the 13 aiming a hair over to the left and use some low left to make sure it gets to that foot rail and hits the 14. If the 13 banks before the 14 on the end rail, it will still run into the 2 ball cluster by the 14...it seems only good things could happen...but as we know, they can also be famous last words :)

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
wtf brucey........;)

i guess that i am gonna have to toys r' us and buy a ouija board to channel the ghost to see the shot.....

what's up **********? got a shot to post or what?
:confused:

(cubs still suck)

Last edited:

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Thin the 8, go back and forth to leave him straight in on the 13.
Or Kick his ball away being mindful not to leave the powerful return shot to open the balls and leave you high.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Here's two Ghost vs. Clyde wwyd's that I had in the vault but never put up ----->

Your shot - 2-2 score - you have the top right pocket - the 8ball does pass the 2ball - wwyd?

Sorry, I don't have the follow up pic to this situation. Anyways it was Clyde's shot and he cut the 8ball, leaving me long...the 8 was going, but taking care to control whitey he hit it a little too soft and it stopped an inch or so above his pocket...then on my next shot I dug it out.

- Ghost

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Sorry, I don't have the follow up pic to this situation. Anyways it was Clyde's shot and he cut the 8ball, leaving me long...the 8 was going, but taking care to control whitey he hit it a little too soft and it stopped an inch or so above his pocket...then on my next shot I dug it out.

- Ghost

Thanks for the outcome and WWYD Ghost ~

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
I like shooting the 11 into the ten five combo, come four rails around & land on the head rail a diamond + away from the head rail pocket. This opens and drives 3 ta 5 balls towards my pocket. The cue ball speed, is very easy to control, and it deadens off the 3rd rail. It allows the cue ball path, a huge position zone too land Naturally on the head rail. Use a 3 o'clock cue ball.