best one pocket cushion

sausage

Suspended
ok, i got a FREE 9' Robertson pool table which is really a Saunier-Wilhelm. i'm going to replace the rails but am undecided. they are k66 profile. should i go with Olhausen 'Accu-Fast' or Artemis? the Accu-Fast rails are guaranteed for life!....... i installed Championship Tour Edition rails on my Gandy 8' pro and i don't like them at all. a big waste of time/money and i don't want to repeat this mistake.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
ok, i got a FREE 9' Robertson pool table which is really a Saunier-Wilhelm. i'm going to replace the rails but am undecided. they are k66 profile. should i go with Olhausen 'Accu-Fast' or Artemis? the Accu-Fast rails are guaranteed for life!....... i installed Championship Tour Edition rails on my Gandy 8' pro and i don't like them at all. a big waste of time/money and i don't want to repeat this mistake.

You might consider calling a table mechanic in your area, find out where a pool room might have these rails and try em out. Its difficult to convince ones mind that the chevy cruze drives better than a ford focus unless you drive em both, do the same with your cushion choice.

sausage

Suspended
what i need to know is which cushions are more responsive. i have to really wallop the ball to get it around on my Championship Tournament rails. I HATE THEM...

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
what i need to know is which cushions are more responsive. i have to really wallop the ball to get it around on my Championship Tournament rails. I HATE THEM...

More responsive....to one, could be too responsive to another or not just not enough to yourself. Test drive those rails. Your post says your concerned, so go play on different tables, then ask the room owner what he's using. If you go by another's opinion, then you have no right to complain if its too responsive, or not quite enough. Nothing better than a real test drive, are you willing to take this risk just from what someone says? If so go for it.

sausage

Suspended
thanks for the replies....

i'm not worried about rails being 'too responsive'. i've never played on a table with rails that were too responsive.... i like the way GCIII's play but they use K55 rails so that's not going to help me.... i'll call mark but i'm leaning toward Accu-Fast because they are guaranteed for life, made in the USA and no negative reviews. i also like the fact that they have no air pocket between the cushion and rail and they are used on their top-of-the-line tables that play very well.

i was "banned for life" from AZ for exposing some jackasses who were pretending to have a rivalry and taking bets. as far as i know, they are still in good standing there. i also had a few words with two ex-dallAss cops in the 14.1 section. one of which challenged my manhood but only AFTER i moved from the area to Florida. i told him that i'd be happy to meet him in person and would drive back to texass to do so. oh, and i got into it with the weirdo, Harriman. LOL... they all crybabied to the admin. i'm glad to be banned.

phil dade

Verified Member
From
Ponte Vedra Beach, FL 32082
There is already alot of excellent advice here. Mark Gregory has done my table twice. Equally inportant is making sure the rails are properly calibrated... that they are set to the right height, angle and all match.

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
thanks for the replies....

i'm not worried about rails being 'too responsive'. i've never played on a table with rails that were too responsive.... i like the way GCIII's play but they use K55 rails so that's not going to help me.... i'll call mark but i'm leaning toward Accu-Fast because they are guaranteed for life, made in the USA and no negative reviews. i also like the fact that they have no air pocket between the cushion and rail and they are used on their top-of-the-line tables that play very well.

i was "banned for life" from AZ for exposing some jackasses who were pretending to have a rivalry and taking bets. as far as i know, they are still in good standing there. i also had a few words with two ex-dallAss cops in the 14.1 section. one of which challenged my manhood but only AFTER i moved from the area to Florida. i told him that i'd be happy to meet him in person and would drive back to texass to do so. oh, and i got into it with the weirdo, Harriman. LOL... they all crybabied to the admin. i'm glad to be banned.

I'm only going to respond to the first paragraph because the second one is too challenging for me.

First, Olhausen tables play like shit, yes I used to own one and yes it's my personal opinion. So I wouldn't base my table on a lifetime warranty of shit.

The new rail rubber won't fit a GC3, or 1, or 2. So what does it matter if it's 55 or 66. The specs were changed for k55 so old k55 won't match new k55. All the older tables all need rail recalibration to play properly with new rubber.

Don't just blow your money call someone who actually knows a thing or two. I'll give you three names. Call them all. Mark Gregory, RKC, or JZMechaniz. Pick the one you like best

sausage

Suspended
The new rail rubber won't fit a GC3, or 1, or 2. So what does it matter if it's 55 or 66. The specs were changed for k55 so old k55 won't match new k55. All the older tables all need rail recalibration to play properly with new rubber.

i called Roberson billiards and they said K66 profile. they also recommended Championship Tournament rails which i do not like. i installed them on my 8' pro gandy and they are really slow. yes, they are the correct height.

Don't just blow your money call someone who actually knows a thing or two. I'll give you three names. Call them all. Mark Gregory, RKC, or JZMechaniz. Pick the one you like best

it's more of a time issue than money. it takes me a long time to do the job and i DON'T want to do it over. i'll contact the mechanic. THANKS!

beatle

Verified Member
sell the free table and get a complete table exactly what you want.
you will likely end up with a mismatched table that doesnt play well and wont be happy and it will be expense to boot to get it done right.