DCC Bank Pool Update

Big Jim

Verified Member
From
Southern, Indiana
from soft stroking to hard stroking

from soft stroking to hard stroking

I guess i saw a lot of mental mistakes i've made in that match John. Needing just one ball to win with a big lead and then he let up playing half lag safes on straightbacks, let up on his stroke on more than several shots, fired a ball cross side way too hard shortening it too much... Shooting wrong shots to sell out balls. Jacking up on that ball and scratching in the corner, playing not well thought out safeties etc etc. He just mentally broke down. Its happened to me many times and as a amateur so i feel his pain....lol

I was certainly surprised at his melt down, fired the winning ball across the corner at warp speed,missed, then jacked up and shot at an almost impossible bank, and scratched, then the door opened and Busty came crashing thru, I had 2 C'notes bet on Busty to win, sure liked his come back.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I guess i saw a lot of mental mistakes i've made in that match John. Needing just one ball to win with a big lead and then he let up playing half lag safes on straightbacks, let up on his stroke on more than several shots, fired a ball cross side way too hard shortening it too much... Shooting wrong shots to sell out balls. Jacking up on that ball and scratching in the corner, playing not well thought out safeties etc etc. He just mentally broke down. Its happened to me many times and as a amateur so i feel his pain....lol

This particular issue -- firing a bank too hard when you are extra pumped up -- is something I have noticed over and over and over again. Adrenaline does that to us, but with banks it means they go shorter than you had in mind (not to mention maybe reducing your general accuracy because of the extra speed). I think if you watch any Bank Pool match when it gets to that tight point, you will see shots miss on the short side way, way more than you will see them miss long -- it's because the adrenaline over powered the shots. That's just my opinion but I'm sticking to it unless someone can prove me wrong.

John Brumback

Verified Member
I'm calling bull shit..."warp speed" or "pocket speed".. has nothing to do with shitting on your self, ( or just missing the shot). :sorry John B.

PS: A miss is a miss... IMHO....