Scott Frost one pocket stream in Ky

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

Speaking of uptable games. Here’s one of the most offensive shooters in the 1p world and look st this game. You play the table every shot.. and ... it happens sometimes. Although when I am in a game like this I want to jump off a bridge.. I see it as a test of my patience and a war of attrition. This is the game I fell in love with. A battle of wills. With no quarter given lol. I get the tournament time thing, but this ain’t tiddlywinks lol. These guys are gambling I’m sure. Just my opinion of course.

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
I watched a little of this. The guy playing Scott is no pushover. He won game one by scoring the last three balls left on the table. Watching one pocket is boring after a few minutes.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Speaking of uptable games. Here’s one of the most offensive shooters in the 1p world and look st this game. You play the table every shot.. and ... it happens sometimes. Although when I am in a game like this I want to jump off a bridge.. I see it as a test of my patience and a war of attrition. This is the game I fell in love with. A battle of wills. With no quarter given lol. I get the tournament time thing, but this ain’t tiddlywinks lol. These guys are gambling I’m sure.

I would never even think about playing the Grady rule gambling. I only suggest it during tournaments when you dont have enough time for long matches. I probably should play with it, I'm the most inept up table game player ever. That's why I need that big spot your going to give me:lol. But the truth is it's super boring to watch up table games.. I think it's funny when you hear a announcer say the game is going up table and you hear the excitement go out of their voice.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

But the truth is it's super boring to watch up table games.. I think it's funny when you hear a announcer say the game is going up table and you hear the excitement go out of their voice.

I agree it’s brutal. Yeah you can hear them settling in for the long haul lol

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
2 ways to learn

2 ways to learn

I agree it’s brutal. Yeah you can hear them settling in for the long haul lol

I always try to pay closer attention now to up table games on the streams because learning what shots can be left from those guys is MUCH cheaper than having someone show you a 2 or 3 railer you didn’t see during a match. The down side of playing the same couple people all the time is you don’t see new ways of escaping. Seeing where to put the cue ball and hearing the why behind it is worth every penny I send Ray every 6 months. Just wanted to share a different perspective about the conversation.

John

Henry

Verified Member
I always try to pay closer attention now to up table games on the streams because learning what shots can be left from those guys is MUCH cheaper than having someone show you a 2 or 3 railer you didn’t see during a match. The down side of playing the same couple people all the time is you don’t see new ways of escaping. Seeing where to put the cue ball and hearing the why behind it is worth every penny I send Ray every 6 months. Just wanted to share a different perspective about the conversation.

John

Very well I agree and I do much the same thing. i would just add for some reason I prefer the live broadcasts. Could be sometimes I bet on them

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.

John

Been there, done that. I still watch up table games some what, but a lot of it is repetitive. Scott is the one who I really like to watch play up table. Very creative.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Frost / Murphy playing

Frost / Murphy playing

Shannon Murphy and Scott Frost playing now, never mind. Murphy takes it down. replay is available on Kaizen Billiards Facebook

Last edited:

jalapus logan

Verified Member
I attended a clinic put on by John Brumback and Scott Frost yesterday. John and I are buddies, but I've never met Scott before yesterday. Nice guy and I can't tell you guys how much great information I picked up during the clinic. He and John are super competitors and they play off each other with great comedic effect, lol. In all seriousness, if any of you guys get a chance, run, don't walk to get instruction from these two.

I got particular benefit and enjoyment from the segment that involved real world breaks and subsequent games play where Scott had JB soot the shot Scott instructed him to shoot. JB literally learned from this as well. Both emphasized that players must practice each shot until they own it and there is no substitute for hard, deliberate practice, and I agree.

Ive been too busy with my new home build and more to play much pool in the last six months, but now I'm dying to play more thanks to yesterday. My hat's off to Scott and John, thanks!!!!