Anti-Anti Flame Thread !!!!

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Most of us are thankful for the discourse and comraderie that is part of this forum. And thats a good thing.
But some of us think it is a personal affront to their knowledge of the game, if we dare to disagree with them. Those people do not know what "JMHO" means. That acronym would spare a lot of hard feelings. Or you could leave out the "H" and say "Just My Opinion". Humble may not be a word some "A Types" can deal with.
10 or 12 posts on ANY given subject should be enough to get your point across. We are all fairly intelligent aren't we ? (well maybe except for the Ghost. :p ) At some point can't we just agree to disagree, and move on
Any WEI table shot selection has become almost an instant flame war, much like the AZB "Aiming System" threads. Myself, I have not even bothered to learn the WEI table procedure for just that reason. (plus I'm too dumb)
There are a lot of shots to be discussed via the WEI table, but it is just not the same as looking at a real table...too many variables, and WAY too many ways to get all riled up over nothing.
Unless the people trying to learn the game wish to believe there is only one "One Pocket God", Then I think it becomes a confusing, argumentative way for them to improve.
There is a lot of knowledge available here, lets not turn it into a shouting contest. JMHO.

Dick <----once beat a guy 4 in a row, it's fun ain't it Ghost, Freddy, Artie, Billy, anyone else.....? :D

Last edited:

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
Most of us are thankful for the discourse and comraderie that is part of this forum. And thats a good thing.
But some of us think it is a personal affront to their knowledge if we dare to disagree with them. Those people do not know what "JMHO" means.
10 or 12 posts on ANY given subject should be enough to get your point across. We are all fairly intelligent aren't we ? (well maybe except for the Ghost. :p ) At some point can't we just agree to disagree, and move on
Any WEI table shot selection has become almost an instant flame war, much like the AZB "Aiming System" threads. Myself, I have not even bothered to learn the WEI table procedure for just that reason. (plus I'm too dumb)
There are a lot of shots to be discussed via the WEI table, but it is just not the same as looking at a real table...too many variables, and WAY too many ways to get all riled up over nothing.
Unless the people trying to learn the game wish to believe there is only one "One Pocket God", Then I think it becomes a confusing, argumentative way for them to improve.
There is a lot of knowledge available here, lets not turn it into a shouting contest. JMHO.

Dick <----once beat a guy 4 in a row, it's fun ain't it Ghost, Freddy, Artie, Billy, anyone else.....? :D
You are saying a lot of good things. But if the player who want to learn and we are going to help them. Then it is important that the LEARN CORRECTLY. Or thier game will be damaged. And all I am saying the should no whats is the best shot and why. And All those people who chosse the other way. Have not explained were the cue ball is going to end up OR DOESANt THAT MATTER? We are both shooting the same shot looking for the same resulte excepte I am shooting of the ball.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
You are saying a lot of good things. But if the player who want to learn and we are going to help them. Then it is important that the LEARN CORRECTLY. Or thier game will be damaged. And all I am saying the should no whats is the best shot and why. And All those people who chosse the other way. Have not explained were the cue ball is going to end up OR DOESANt THAT MATTER? We are both shooting the same shot looking for the same resulte excepte I am shooting of the ball.
Let 3 players like Nick Vanner Buddy Hall Jimmy Fosco all shoot all three shots and the get one shot. See what shot the would choose? Or Efren Gab and Scott Frost. OR cliff Parica and Tony. One shot one chance. See what the choose and WHY. I havant herd anyone say why yet excepte Dick and were you want the cue ball to go. Dick explained it very clear and WHY. BUt everyone else just said were it might go. BUt nobody explained were the want thet cue ball to end up. All I herd is about her or thier or about. I am still waithing for some one to tell me were are you trying to get the cue ball to go kicking two rails into the balls. And what control will you have to get the cue ball thier.

Deeman

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
But some of us think it is a personal affront to their knowledge if we dare to disagree with them. Those people do not know what "JMHO" means.

Dick,

Nicely said. Now, it is almost Derby City...It's you and me at 10 paces with water guns! I am ready as I have my wife packed into a small suitcase and have dried the blood off the bathroom floor. JK

DeeMan
looking for world peace but will settle for a good roll

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Deeman said:
Dick,

Nicely said. Now, it is almost Derby City...It's you and me at 10 paces with water guns! I am ready as I have my wife packed into a small suitcase and have dried the blood off the bathroom floor. JK

DeeMan
looking for world peace but will settle for a good roll
If the shot was close or it can go either wayI would let it go. If somthing is a poor choice then I feel responable to show the correct shot and why. THe shot I would shoot and Dicks shot are very close andd simular.BUt the other shot is something out of belive it or not. And the shot does not make any sense why someone would shot it. And nobody has told he yet were the want the cue ball to go and why? And what is the reason to get it thier. This is not for your shot Dick because you gave youre reason and why and what can happen. You explained it very good . BUt thats what I am looking for from the other shot.