For all the people who read this.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Dave,

I don't know who you are but if you had been in the pool room you would know that everything I said about that day was true. Danny was there also.

The second time I played Allen was at the N. Hollywood tournament. I think it was about 1974 or 5. We started off playing one pocket even for 200$ a game and broke even. I had a customer call me the other day that was there and remembers exactly as I do.

The last time I played Allen was in Reno. He won 3 games the best of it.

The year I played Allen in Baltimore I also played Cole and gave him 9 to 7 playing one pocket. I didn't win but it was a close game.

I don't know what you think you know about my speed but I played a lot of good players even and would put my win loss record up against anyones.

Bill S.

Mr. Stroud; NOT trying to be disrespectful but, I would comfortably bet my left lung, that Artie's WIN/LOSS record playing for only 20 years of his life is BETTER than ANYONE's on this site for sure! And this includes MANY top players and giving up ridiculous spots to lessor players! IMHO, Artie could give you the 5 & the break in the W/L department.

Respectfully;

bstroud

Verified Member
Mr. Stroud; NOT trying to be disrespectful but, I would comfortably bet my left lung, that Artie's WIN/LOSS record playing for only 20 years of his life is BETTER than ANYONE's on this site for sure! And this includes MANY top players and giving up ridiculous spots to lessor players! IMHO, Artie could give you the 5 & the break in the W/L department.

Respectfully;

Let Artie answer that one.

Hope you can breath with one lung.

I think you are incorrect. I am willing to compare my record with anyone.

Bill S.

spiderwebcomm

Verified Member
Re: For all the people who read this.

Dave,

I don't know who you are but if you had been in the pool room you would know that everything I said about that day was true. Danny was there also.

The second time I played Allen was at the N. Hollywood tournament. I think it was about 1974 or 5. We started off playing one pocket even for 200$ a game and broke even. I had a customer call me the other day that was there and remembers exactly as I do.

The last time I played Allen was in Reno. He won 3 games the best of it.

The year I played Allen in Baltimore I also played Cole and gave him 9 to 7 playing one pocket. I didn't win but it was a close game.

I don't know what you think you know about my speed but I played a lot of good players even and would put my win loss record up against anyones.

Bill S.
If you played him for the 2nd time in 74 thay means your story took place before that.

He won the world 9ball in 77, so your story's timeframe is already fvcked.

That was also the year when you couldn't be far enough away from the guy just in case he might ask you to play in front of everyone. Right around the same time when he ran 10-out 3-times in a row on a snooker table for $10k/game while giving up weight in the process. Probably around the same time frame when Rigey's handlers wouldn't even allow him to play Allen.

Therefore, your story already starts off with a bullshit puffed comment about beating Allen after he was a world champion. After all, you just admitted it's bs just by giving the year and date of your 2nd match, which basically means you beat a younger, more inexperienced Allen.... not the reigning world champion, as you claimed.

What you're not getting is you could have told your head-puffed story in a way that was respectful and no one would have raised an eyebrow. Instead, you portrayed Allen like he's a scrub, betting with walking money and such (a claim he flat-out called "bullshit").

In conclusion:

1) The REAL story is far less impressive than you claimed with details that are disputed by a guy who has more integrity in one of his ass hairs than you have in your entire body.

2) You're going out of your way to add a condescending tone and make someone look like the person you already are. You don't even have enough integrity to give the poor bastard who won your bullshit DYD contest his cue, but miraculously your credibility on a story that already started with a false recollection is stronger than Allen's?

If you beat him when he was 19 or 20, broke even a year or two later and lost the last time: if you kept playing it was about to get too scary for ya because you're not even in Allen's solar system when it comes to this game or any derivative of it.

3) In general, it's a good idea to show a molecule of respect to someone who can make you blow them in front of everyone when it comes to any game having to do with round shit and holes.

4) When you win a plethora of world titles, you can mention your name in the the same sentence as Allen's.

5) While we're at it.... WHERE the F is that poor guy's DYD CUE?

Finally, I happen to think your speed is about the same as your cue making, pool playing, personal integrity and story-telling accuracy: over-clocked in your own mind.

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
artie,

i don't have a story. :D

don't think i ever paid for a beer in college playing on the bar boxes, but then again, i was really fukd up most of the time then, so i might have once or twice and just don't remember (but i doubt it)... :D

i got hammered by figueroa today..... ghost last weekend and figueroa today, maybe there should be a term for it: "miller abuse". :p

with all that "miller abuse", i need a goofy hat to wear.

:)

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
artie,

i don't have a story. :D

don't think i ever paid for a beer in college playing on the bar boxes, but then again, i was really fukd up most of the time then, so i might have once or twice and just don't remember (but i doubt it)... :D

i got hammered by figueroa today..... ghost last weekend and figueroa today, maybe there should be a term for it: "miller abuse". :p

with all that "miller abuse", i need a goofy hat to wear.

:)
If you cant remember that means you are enjoying yourself to much. And not drinking enough.If you don't have a pool story. Tell us a story about your college days.Or one of those beauties you forgot to ask her to go out with you. Every body has stores. And events. That's how we created ourselves. If you still cant come up with a story. Then tell us why you went to college. Get yourself a hat and have them wright on the hat. Chicago Miller Abuse AA. You will out grow your drinking. And If you don't. Then Look into the mirror and ask yourself is this what i want to be for the rest of my life. Looking at yourself and asking yourself if this is what you want to be for the rest of your life. Is a real weak up call.And if you do not change it. The scare part is that is what you will be for the rest of your life. You will always remember these words. And every time you look into the mirror you will
remember my words. Is this what you want to be for the rest of your life. And I am not telling you to change. Because I no the only one that can change you is you. You created the habit and you can stop it. NO therapy rehab or anyone telling you to change or stop will not happen unless YOU make the decision to change. Nobody can control you but yourself. You have that power. Do not give it away. And ten years from now look into the mirror and if you are still doing the same thing. Ask yourself is this what I want to be for the rest of my life. I have told this to a lot of people drinking drugs smoking and other vices and habits. Believe it or not. Some of them changed. Even after having all kinds of therapy and programs rehabs nothing worked. When you face yourself you start seeing who you are. And if you don.t like that person your looking at you will change. All I can say keep doing what your are doing. Its your life. And you will be doing the same thing 50 years from now. When you go home tonight look at yourself in the mirror and see what you tell yourself. Do I want to do this for the rest of my life? I am sorry I got carried away from the topeak.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Johnston City "Hustlers Tournament"

Johnston City "Hustlers Tournament"

I was playing Luther Lassiter in Johnston City in the 9ball division, I believe in 1972. Lassiter was beating me badly and there was this "heckler' in the stands shouting after every game Lassiter won..he would shout GO WIMPY Well, Lassiter had amassed a 10 to 1 lead and I listened to this guy the entire match, after every game I heard GO WIMPY I guess you can imagine how I was feeling after the 11th game.:mad: I proceded to win ten straight games to win the match 11 to 10 and after I sank the winning 9ball I looked up at him and said..GO WIMPY

No disrespect to Lassiter, but something at the time I couldn't resist.:sorry

Bill Incardona

bstroud

Verified Member
Dave you obviously didn't know Hopkins in those years.

He could win thousands one day, take it to the track and be dead broke the next day. He seems to be different now.

Everything I said is true. If you know Danny Janes, ask him.

Billy S.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Let Artie answer that one.

Hope you can breath with one lung.

I think you are incorrect. I am willing to compare my record with anyone.

Bill S.

Mr. Stroud; He will, if He wishes.

I'll never have to worry about functioning with a solo lung, because your claim is incorrect! :sorry

Besides, your plate will be full for awhile, just replying to post #43! ;)

I'm not sure about other's on this site, but I know for a fact, that Freddy chronicled on paper ALL His memorable games/matches/wins/losses/witnesses and dates! So as not be disputed too easily. :cool:

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
Mr. Stroud; He will, if He wishes.

I'll never have to worry about functioning with a solo lung, because your claim is incorrect! :sorry

Besides, your plate will be full for awhile, just replying to post #43! ;)

I'm not sure about other's on this site, but I know for a fact, that Freddy chronicled on paper ALL His memorable games/matches/wins/losses/witnesses and dates! So as not be disputed too easily. :cool:

Bill,

I only played full time for about 10 years. During that time I must have played 100's of players 9 ball including Billy I, Miz, Florence, Grady, Swanee, and lots of others. I lost twice. Once to Toby Sweet (he quit me winner) and once to Louis Roberts (I quit)

My one pocket record is not so good. I beat everyone I played except SHD, Bananas, Ray Booth and Hopkins.

I won thousands of dollars over that period and the most I ever lost was 600 dollars.

You mentioned Freddy and we never played any bank pool. I just didn't play it at all.

Billy S.

mr3cushion

Verified Member
From
Cocoa Beach, FL
Bill,

I only played full time for about 10 years. During that time I must have played 100's of players 9 ball including Billy I, Miz, Florence, Grady, Swanee, and lots of others. I lost twice. Once to Toby Sweet (he quit me winner) and once to Louis Roberts (I quit)

My one pocket record is not so good. I beat everyone I played except SHD, Bananas, Ray Booth and Hopkins.

I won thousands of dollars over that period and the most I ever lost was 600 dollars.

You mentioned Freddy and we never played any bank pool. I just didn't play it at all.

Billy S.

Billy S. Once again, it really means NOTHING to me about your REAL W/L record, but, when compared to Artie's, it's joke! In Chicago, they used to call Artie, "Rocking Chair!" If you were in with him or betting on him, you just go and sit in one and take a nap, and just collect when it's over! :cool:

I know my memory isn't what it used to be, but, didn't Freddy recently beat you at the DCC once again? ;)

Last edited:

bstroud

Verified Member
Bill,

I'm sure Artie had a great record at Bensingers.

I never played there.

I was all over the country. The only Chi players I played were Freddy, Tom Spenser, Black Paul, Blue shirt and some other players on the Southside.
Alley Opp and Willie Munson a little north. Mexican Johnny in Indpls but I think he was from Chi.

I forgot to include E. Kelly on the list of one pocket players that I lost to.

Bill S.

spiderwebcomm

Verified Member
Dave you obviously didn't know Hopkins in those years.

He could win thousands one day, take it to the track and be dead broke the next day. He seems to be different now.

Everything I said is true. If you know Danny Janes, ask him.

Billy S.

Hopkins said everything was true that you said except for the amount of the bet, Rigey's run and the "walking money" thing which he flatly denies. So, maybe you should call him and get your story straight... who gives a shit what your boy says. Of course Danny gonna back up his other cue-making buddy. Someone could duct-tape both you and Danny together and you might have enough pool talent to fill up one of Allen's testicles.... unnuh stah what I'm sayin'?

The bottom line is that it's sickening to read a post by someone like you that really paints Hop to be a low-life piece of shit and you're some kind of classy guy.

Even if Hop blew money on craps or horses and sent'r in with big chunks, he certainly isn't the "loser" you portrayed him to be in your first post.

Conversely, you seem to be the guy with the biggest "AIR BARREL" in the history of billiards with your DYD contest, where you had the entire pool industry in a 2-month circle-jerk... basically, "trying to win the cue to nowhere." Any guy who valued their integrity would have made it right with the winner of their own contest, just to clear their conscience and to not have have that disintegrate their public reputation. If I were you, I would have been mortified to have read that other cue makers offered that poor schmuck a free cue because they felt that bad that I fvcked him.

In fact, since you're such a big-time world-beater-beater with beat stories, I'm sure you'd love to marry-up with Hop and have another session. He's a golfer now, so it might be a good game. I'm sure if you wanted to play in NJ, he'd "MARRY YOU" and pay for your hotel every day you wanted to play (win or loss, as long as you bet $500/set or per game in 14.1) and just keep playing, and playing, and playing.... and playing.... every day.... you get the idea, right?

It's too bad he's too classy a guy to even get involved in forum wars, because if he weren't, it'd be entertaining to say the least.

Anyways, let us know how that DYD cue is coming along because THAT'S the "BEAT STORY" we all wanna hear the ending to.

And Mr3Cushion is correct, you couldn't carry Artie's jock strap either. Why do you try to put yourself in the same light as REAL monsters?

Also, still waiting to get a list of your world championships too, Mr. Champion.

P.S. Don't forget the DYD update too... Captain Integrity and Mr. Honest Story Teller.

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Hopkins said everything was true that you said except for the amount of the bet, Rigey's run and the "walking money" thing which he flatly denies. So, maybe you should call him and get your story straight... who gives a shit what your boy says. Of course Danny gonna back up his other cue-making buddy. Someone could duct-tape both you and Danny together and you might have enough pool talent to fill up one of Allen's testicles.... unnuh stah what I'm sayin'?

The bottom line is that it's sickening to read a post by someone like you that really paints Hop to be a low-life piece of shit and you're some kind of classy guy.

Even if Hop blew money on craps or horses and sent'r in with big chunks, he certainly isn't the "loser" you portrayed him to be in your first post.

Conversely, you seem to be the guy with the biggest "AIR BARREL" in the history of billiards with your DYD contest, where you had the entire pool industry in a 2-month circle-jerk... basically, "trying to win the cue to nowhere." Any guy who valued their integrity would have made it right with the winner of their own contest, just to clear their conscience and to not have have that disintegrate their public reputation. If I were you, I would have been mortified to have read that other cue makers offered that poor schmuck a free cue because they felt that bad that I fvcked him.

In fact, since you're such a big-time world-beater-beater with beat stories, I'm sure you'd love to marry-up with Hop and have another session. He's a golfer now, so it might be a good game. I'm sure if you wanted to play in NJ, he'd "MARRY YOU" and pay for your hotel every day you wanted to play (win or loss, as long as you bet $500/set or per game in 14.1) and just keep playing, and playing, and playing.... and playing.... every day.... you get the idea, right?

It's too bad he's too classy a guy to even get involved in forum wars, because if he weren't, it'd be entertaining to say the least.

Anyways, let us know how that DYD cue is coming along because THAT'S the "BEAT STORY" we all wanna hear the ending to.

And Mr3Cushion is correct, you couldn't carry Artie's jock strap either. Why do you try to put yourself in the same light as REAL monsters?

Also, still waiting to get a list of your world championships too, Mr. Champion.

P.S. Don't forget the DYD update too... Captain Integrity and Mr. Honest Story Teller.

We all have our own way of describing the past and believe it or not most of our personal recollections are somewhat flawed. Some just forget more than others, or maybe even represent disproportionately. However, at the end of the day after the sun goes down nobody needs to tell us that it's dark outside, we're all familiar with the process simply because we're familiar with it.:D

Enjoy your day:)

Bill Incardona

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Perhaps the game of pool is unique among sports, in that nowhere else have so many titanic confrontations, for so much money, gone completely unrecorded in the annals. This has left us with hordes of near-undefeated warriors, extended arguments, and wonderfully imaginative name-calling, as old memories are renovated, re-painted and brought into the light.

As Peter, Paul and Murray might have crooned, "Where have all the losers gone?"

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Perhaps the game of pool is unique among sports, in that nowhere else have so many titanic confrontations, for so much money, gone completely unrecorded in the annals. This has left us with hordes of near-undefeated warriors, extended arguments, and wonderfully imaginative name-calling, as old memories are renovated, re-painted and brought into the light.

As Peter, Paul and Murray might have crooned, "Where have all the losers gone?"
Losers and winners go to the same places. And when they go we leave the same way we came.With empty hands and our body. It does not matter if we were a winner or a loser. Because we are all equal and there is nothing that we can take with us that belongs to the world. Everything is temporary.We only get to use it while we are visiting. But people never see that. Or else the rich would help the poor and the people who cannot make it on there own. But they hold on to there mask and money. Looking for more and more money. And they will never have enough, even if they had all the money. They go through life and never see the real picture. They only see themselves. Everybody is equal and everybody has a purpose in life. The sooner people figure that out the sooner they will start living.

spiderwebcomm

Verified Member
Re: For all the people who read this.

We all have our own way of describing the past and believe it or not most of our personal recollections are somewhat flawed. Some just forget more than others, or maybe even represent disproportionately. However, at the end of the day after the sun goes down nobody needs to tell us that it's dark outside, we're all familiar with the process simply because we're familiar with it.:D

Enjoy your day:)

Bill Incardona
As always, you're correct and as always you're elegant in your presentation.

I just can't hack it when the pot calls the kettle black and struts around like it's Baccarat Crystal.

As you know, it's not what you say, it's how you say it. You, Cardone, have a gift of being able to tell someone that they can bet it up for what they can carry while telling them you'll rip their throat out...but do it in a manner where you're a gentleman and make someone throw their arm around ya.

Bill tends to tell selective-memory stories and when someone clearly shows their story was flawed, still won't say "golly-gee that's right, I was mistaken," but instead will climb mount everest to stand beside their bullshit story.

One style is clearly more effective than the other.

That said, I always found it humorous that a guy as verbose as Stroud instantly "no hablo ingles" when someone brings up that DYD cue.

Anyways, sorry for the chirping, but it's hard to respect that guy. I tend to leave my filter in my other pants when someone leaves their integrity in theirs.

Most of you guys can stand this guy (because you kinda HAVE to), but coming from a normal person who wouldn't blow the guy and hand him free passes all day just to own one of his over-rated cues...it's tough to read.

Where can I find the beat story of when he last played the Beard at the DCC? Hope someone can link to it, would love to read it.

Anyways... off to the golf course.

Thanks to Artie for hosting this week's Coffee Talk. Tune in next week when Bill Stroud tells us about when he beat Weenie Beanie when Weenie was 17 and how he kicked Weenie back a 20-spot just to help him fill his cart up with hot dogs and later found Weenie blowing the 20 on a 10-dollar hooker and couldn't even get a 10-dollar gapper back.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
As always, you're correct and as always you're elegant in your presentation.

I just can't hack it when the pot calls the kettle black and struts around like it's Baccarat Crystal.

As you know, it's not what you say, it's how you say it. You, Cardone, have a gift of being able to tell someone that they can bet it up for what they can carry while telling them you'll rip their throat out...but do it in a manner where you're a gentleman and make someone throw their arm around ya.

Bill tends to tell selective-memory stories and when someone clearly shows their story was flawed, still won't say "golly-gee that's right, I was mistaken," but instead will climb mount everest to stand beside their bullshit story.

One style is clearly more effective than the other.

That said, I always found it humorous that a guy as verbose as Stroud instantly "no hablo ingles" when someone brings up that DYD cue.

Anyways, sorry for the chirping, but it's hard to respect that guy. I tend to leave my filter in my other pants when someone leaves their integrity in theirs.

Most of you guys can stand this guy (because you kinda HAVE to), but coming from a normal person who wouldn't blow the guy and hand him free passes all day just to own one of his over-rated cues...it's tough to read.

Where can I find the beat story of when he last played the Beard at the DCC? Hope someone can link to it, would love to read it.

Anyways... off to the golf course.

Thanks to Artie for hosting this week's Coffee Talk. Tune in next week when Bill Stroud tells us about when he beat Weenie Beanie when Weenie was 17 and how he kicked Weenie back a 20-spot just to help him fill his cart up with hot dogs and later found Weenie blowing the 20 on a 10-dollar hooker and couldn't even get a 10-dollar gapper back.
Starbucks coffee isn't cheap.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Starbucks coffee isn't cheap.

No, it's too high. I've been going with Dunkin Donut regular for a few years. Not from any store. I buy big bags of it. If there is any that is better, I don't need to be doing it anyways.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
No, it's too high. I've been going with Dunkin Donut regular for a few years. Not from any store. I buy big bags of it. If there is any that is better, I don't need to be doing it anyways.
Mcdonald's.One dollar for senior citizen.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
Winning is the greatest confidence builder. I put the tread up because I thought people would love to tell about one of there adventures. And us old timers had quite a few of those And it takes time to think about them. Because it takes us back many years. I hope a lot of people will share. Because this is about you and your magic moment.

Ok Artie. Great thread. I was 21 but hadn't played much pool. I had an Impala that was a gas hog, so I made some scores throwing to the line and playing pool in bars and I went to several doctors to get some Rx to sell and bought a new Baja VW. There was an older guy known as a pretty high roller for these parts at the time. Earlier when I was 15 I had seen him playing for $70 a game and backing another guy for $40 at the same time and I thought to myself this is a real gambler. Anyway I had spent that $2500 on the BaJa and had some other unexpected expenses and I was low. I ran into this guy I'm talking about who also owned a redneck tavern with tables. It had a nine footer and a seven footer. But we were not at his place. We were at a shell service station with two seven footers. I asked him to play a few for $20. He said naw. You're a nit shit. He said I wouldn't play somebody who drives around in a V W. I told him I had another big car for road trips at home. Would you like me to go get that car? He said aw come on. I'll play ya a couple. After a couple of games, he went to the bathroom to take a pill. When he got down eighty he said play for forty or I'm gone. I said of course, of course. Anyway he went for $700 but had much much more money. He quit me to play somebody else. As I was putting up my stick up he snarled "How much could I have won" . I had $300 on me when I started but I just said. 'You couldn'ta won nothing. You don't play good enough" After all, I was sort of proud of my new 72 Marathon Blue BaJa Buggy. This is what it looked like..