missing

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Okay, the past couple of days I have been missing straight back banks. usually by 1/4 diamond short. I reviewed both Freddie's and Johns tapes, and their adjustments are not working for me. This is only happening on long rail banks...

Any ideas out there on what to do to fix this?

B

PS I don't use systems, I subscribe to the pocket a million balls theory, but I am still missing, even when I think it is a hangar...

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Okay, the past couple of days I have been missing straight back banks. usually by 1/4 diamond short. I reviewed both Freddie's and Johns tapes, and their adjustments are not working for me. This is only happening on long rail banks...

Any ideas out there on what to do to fix this?

B

PS I don't use systems, I subscribe to the pocket a million balls theory, but I am still missing, even when I think it is a hangar...

Install a dehumidifier.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
since you go by feel there is something you are not seeing like you used to
aim a quarter diamond long

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Larry

Larry

It is just a weakness that I have noticed in my game lately. You know, identify a weakness, work on it till it becomes a strength... I texted John, he told me to cut it more because of the humidity down here...not to try and throw the ball, (guess that is because it is too hard to control the spin), so I will work on the cut with a stun ball and make it work out...:frus

Usually I bank pretty well, not world class, but okay...guess my standards are changing again...LOL

B

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
I already have one...thanks...

B

Just joking. Does it happen when you cut the ball both to the left *and* right? Does it happen on all tables?

Either adjust your aim or try helping it with outside is the only thing you can do. Unless it is the table. Shoot the three-rail litmus test shot on every table you shoot on first thing to get a feel for how long or short it plays.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
It is just a weakness that I have noticed in my game lately. You know, identify a weakness, work on it till it becomes a strength... I texted John, he told me to cut it more because of the humidity down here...not to try and throw the ball, (guess that is because it is too hard to control the spin), so I will work on the cut with a stun ball and make it work out...:frus

Usually I bank pretty well, not world class, but okay...guess my standards are changing again...LOL

B

cutting it more is more or less the same as trying to bank it long
i dont pretend to know more than john
so listen to him before me....:)
but i also consistently bank a 1/4 diamond short
for me i adjusted by aiming a ball or so past my aim point
also i started trying to bank to the farthest facing of the pocket
last i started using a half tip of outside english
remeber it took alittle time for your gps to hone into banking on my table when you visited
once you got used to my table you banked like a champ
therefore i think your feel and stroke is right on
if your perception is off for now by a 1/4 diamond like i said feel the bank to land a 1/4 diamond long
pretend that that is the adjustment the table/conditions are forcing you to do
thats what you did on my table whether you realized it or not
jmho
icbw
discuss it with john
since
HE KNOWS.....kudos.jpg

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
Humidity is exactly what I was going to say too. I month or so ago, it had been extra rainy and humid for a few days and I got this shot (one ball is on the foot spot) and drilled it. Normally it has no chance of going on the tables I play on every week, because they have Kleber (?) cushions, that don't tend to shorten up like standard cushions. I guess they are three cushion cushions, but they are on two tables at the club I play at. When it is dryer and on newer cloth, it goes softly cross corner hitting in front of the side pocket of course.

But sorry Bille, I can't help beyond others suggestions.

Attachments

• 2015-10-01 07_35_40-Greenshot.jpg
    2015-10-01 07_35_40-Greenshot.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 0

John Brumback

Verified Member
First thing I told him ( Bill e ) was that the tables down there bank SHORT!!!,cut the ball a lil more!!!!! dummy!!! :D

Then he tells me that maybe someday he can beat me:rolleyes:

Then I tell him that "I showed you everything YOU know but not everything I know" :D

Stick with it and keep on bankin, Bill e you'll get it before long good buddy:) JB

PS: then I sent him a pic from the deer stand I was sitting in while GIVING him pool lessons while I'm TRYIN TO GET SOME MEAT FOR THE TABLE!!!!!:frus::lol

John Brumback

Verified Member
Humidity is exactly what I was going to say too. I month or so ago, it had been extra rainy and humid for a few days and I got this shot (one ball is on the foot spot) and drilled it. Normally it has no chance of going on the tables I play on every week, because they have Kleber (?) cushions, that don't tend to shorten up like standard cushions. I guess they are three cushion cushions, but they are on two tables at the club I play at. When it is dryer and on newer cloth, it goes softly cross corner hitting in front of the side pocket of course.

But sorry Bille, I can't help beyond others suggestions.

That's crazy short,Steve. You sure you didn't catch the point?:eek: JB

wgcp

Verified Member
From
long beach, mississippi
Jb

Jb

I doubt I will ever beat john...yes he did send me a pic of a deer in the middle of the field... I told him I would trade Flounder for venison sausage at derby this year...

I admit he is levels beyond me in pool, but I ain't gonna give up...

B

PS Yes it is nice to have the number one bank pool players phone number and be able to text him...and get an answer is priceless...

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
First thing I told him ( Bill e ) was that the tables down there bank SHORT!!!,cut the ball a lil more!!!!! dummy!!! :D

Then he tells me that maybe someday he can beat me:rolleyes:

Then I tell him that "I showed you everything YOU know but not everything I know" :D

Stick with it and keep on bankin, Bill e you'll get it before long good buddy:) JB

PS: then I sent him a pic from the deer stand I was sitting in while GIVING him pool lessons while I'm TRYIN TO GET SOME MEAT FOR THE TABLE!!!!!:frus::lol
hey john
come and spend a few days with me in florida.....PLEASE......:)
larry

John Brumback

Verified Member
hey john
come and spend a few days with me in florida.....PLEASE......:)
larry

Round trip ticket,fully guided fishin trip (Only 4hrs as I get seasick easy:eek::eek:),all the best seafood I can eat,a nice Diamond 9ft table to play on every day. That should do it:lol

Thanks for the offer Larry,I will be down there one of these days.:) JB