Dennis / Alex hill hill both needing one.

J SCHWARZ

Verified Member
I don't know how to diagram shots or I would add a picture. Hill hill both players needed one ball. Alex rolls in the last ball, it gets spotted and Dennis is corner hooked up table and the last ball is now on the spot. He chose to kick one rail (side rail) at the lone spotted ball :eek::eek::eek:... I think he should of taken a foul, then Alex would most likey taken the same foul back leaving dennis corner hooked again. Then Dennis rolls out to the center diamond on the head rail. That almost forces Alex to adress the four balls now spotted. Would you guys have done?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I don't know how to diagram shots or I would add a picture. Hill hill both players needed one ball. Alex rolls in the last ball, it gets spotted and Dennis is corner hooked up table and the last ball is now on the spot. He chose to kick one rail (side rail) at the lone spotted ball :eek::eek::eek:... I think he should of taken a foul, then Alex would most likey taken the same foul back leaving dennis corner hooked again. Then Dennis rolls out to the center diamond on the head rail. That almost forces Alex to adress the four balls now spotted. Would you guys have done?

J....even though kicking at the spotted ball could have worked out well..I agree with you that taking the intentional (even for a top speed pro player) is the better/correct choice of shot.

PS, And btw...if your scenario had developed, and now Alex has to address the four spotted balls from the center diamond of the head rail...the go-to shot here for Alex, is to kick 2 rails out of the corner by Dennis's pocket, glance off the 4 balls, sending them to his side, with the cueball coming back up-table.

- Ghost

Last edited:

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Dennis / Alex hill hill both needing one.

I don't know how to diagram shots or I would add a picture. Hill hill both players needed one ball. Alex rolls in the last ball, it gets spotted and Dennis is corner hooked up table and the last ball is now on the spot. He chose to kick one rail (side rail) at the lone spotted ball 😱😱😱... I think he should of taken a foul, then Alex would most likey taken the same foul back leaving dennis corner hooked again. Then Dennis rolls out to the center diamond on the head rail. That almost forces Alex to adress the four balls now spotted. Would you guys have done?

Let me share a quick Derby story if I may which I have before but belongs in this thread. Couple years ago Sczrbill and I are playing for a hunnert a game. I put him in that exact position. They crown oooed and ahhed at the lowdown dirty move that I just pulled and I sat there like the cat that ate the canary while Bill got down to shoot. Until he kicked one rail and sank his out ball dead center of his pocket. The place went wild.....

Me I’d probably have played safe lol.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
J....even though kicking at the spotted ball could have worked out well..I agree with you that taking the intentional (even for a top speed pro player) is the better/correct choice of shot.

PS, And btw...if your scenario had developed, and now Alex has to address the four spotted balls from the center diamond of the head rail...the go-to shot here for Alex, is to kick 4 rails out of the corner by Dennis's pocket, glance off the 4 balls, sending them to his side, with the cueball coming back up-table.

- Ghost

4 rails, can't picture it ?

Tylerbob

Verified Member
From
Chandler Texas
After the match Dennis was challenged that he shot the wrong shot and should have taken a foul. He shot at it 20 more times. Made zero, missed the spotted ball a few times and left a shot for Alex the majority of the time. Cost him dinner at Waffle House.