DCC 2019 Player Rep 1pkt.org

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
Here's my suggestion for next year.

The winner of the Open event MUST play the winner of the 65 and over group.

This match up, will determine which player we send for the upcoming year.

If they are unable to match up, then the 65 and older guy should get the nod.

Your thoughts???

I'm good for $25 to whomever goes!

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Here's my suggestion for next year.

The winner of the Open event MUST play the winner of the 65 and over group.

This match up, will determine which player we send for the upcoming year.

If they are unable to match up, then the 65 and older guy should get the nod.

Your thoughts???

I'm good for $25 to whomever goes!

The senior tournaments aren't 1P.org tourneys.

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
I still think it should be random or we send a random and the top dog.
Since this site is for a lot of "hobbyest" types, it is unique to get to send someone that otherwise would not attend.

Also, when I was at derby last year i think it would be cool if we could get the organizers to add (1pkorg) or (1po) to the end of our last names in the computer. That way it would be promoting our group.
I may be selfish, but the main reason would be that I could watch other 1pkorg matches in between.

jlcomp45

Verified Member
From
Cape Girardeau MO
Since this site is for a lot of "hobbyest" types, it is unique to get to send someone that otherwise would not attend.

Also, when I was at derby last year i think it would be cool if we could get the organizers to add (1pkorg) or (1po) to the end of our last names in the computer. That way it would be promoting our group.
I may be selfish, but the main reason would be that I could watch other 1pkorg matches in between.

I will say - the high point of my week was getting to sweat several members matches.

chicagomike

Verified Member

I like the idea of the 1po extension

youngstown

Verified Member

Regarding the extension- I doubt they’ll do it but it’s worth asking. If they do it for us then every single pro that sponsored is going to end up wanting it done or their sponsors will want done and as a TD I wouldn’t want to deal with it but like I said doesn’t hurt to ask

ChicagoFats

Verified Member
Regarding the extension- I doubt they’ll do it but it’s worth asking. If they do it for us then every single pro that sponsored is going to end up wanting it done or their sponsors will want done and as a TD I wouldn’t want to deal with it but like I said doesn’t hurt to ask

This is a non-prof is it not?... so maybe we could get special consideration.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
I think we have voted every year, and tried to mix it up. Here is the player sponsor page on onepocket.org (under "About Us"). It lists the players we have sponsored over the years.

http://www.onepocket.org/onepocket-org-player-sponsorship/

And if anyone sees any mistakes on player names, where they are from or years and events they were sponsored please let us know, we have them pretty close and hopefully all accurate.

On a side note it was a blast last year to be the player sponsored! I wish I would have done better but it was an honor to represent! :)

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
And if anyone sees any mistakes on player names, where they are from or years and events they were sponsored please let us know, we have them pretty close and hopefully all accurate.

On a side note it was a blast last year to be the player sponsored! I wish I would have done better but it was an honor to represent! :)

Its not about how well you do because the whole field is sprinkled with monsters. Anyone could have a bad draw and run into Alex and Dennis.

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Its not about how well you do because the whole field is sprinkled with monsters. Anyone could have a bad draw and run into Alex and Dennis.

Thanks Bill and yes you are true!

I lost to Hendy's friend Bob (who I had 2-0 and let him come back and beat me ug!)...and then I lost round 5 or 6 to Robocop, I choked and made some bad shots..but again was a blast!

unoperro

Verified Member
Steve start a nomination thread!
I will kick in a hondo.
Dabarber
Newkirk
Pilot
:);):p

keoneyo

Verified Member
Im gonna keep it west coast and go for

Jerry Machin (Baby Huey)
Frank Almanza (Frank the Barber)
Wayne Pullen (Tall Wayne)

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Im gonna keep it west coast and go for

Jerry Machin (Baby Huey)
Frank Almanza (Frank the Barber)
Wayne Pullen (Tall Wayne)

all good choices
too bad wayne doesnt post more
to me that goes against his nomination
i would like to see the sponsorship go to an ACTIVE member

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa

I would love to see Chicago Mike get the nod this year. Covers all the bases imo. Ongoing contributor to the site, would represent us with class , and a helluva player too. (Although that last one is it mandatory of course).