Lets Make a Deal...

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Hey my friends. I know many of you enjoy the one pocket tournament I broadcast the last Saturday of every month and if you want to see it then I need something in return. San Jose Dick has to step away from his computer and his 1 wpm typing and come out and play. So Dick the heat is on you to get out and do what you do best (not sure what that is, fu$%ing with Freddy, drinking or playing one pocket). I promise to get you drunk if you wish after you play the tournament and help with a little commentary, open mic for you to mess with whomever you want, forum members will be resorted to typing in the chat so Dick usually speaks faster then he types which will be helpful. What do you say Dick? Fellas, lets put the heat on San Jose for a bit. :)

P.S. I will take 9-7 and the breaks again for $100 and I will even bet the 2 bottles I am owed. :p

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Lenny, that's a great idea. After all, Dick will go two and out, so that should leave him plenty of time for serious commentary and serious drinking.;) You haven't been paid the two bottles from your last session??:confused: And how long has that been???

Jokes aside, it would be great to have Dick do some play by play, and other insightful commentary.

Doc

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
Fast Lenny said:
Hey my friends. I know many of you enjoy the one pocket tournament I broadcast the last Saturday of every month and if you want to see it then I need something in return. San Jose Dick has to step away from his computer and his 1 wpm typing and come out and play. So Dick the heat is on you to get out and do what you do best (not sure what that is, fu$%ing with Freddy, drinking or playing one pocket). I promise to get you drunk if you wish after you play the tournament and help with a little commentary, open mic for you to mess with whomever you want, forum members will be resorted to typing in the chat so Dick usually speaks faster then he types which will be helpful. What do you say Dick? Fellas, lets put the heat on San Jose for a bit. :)

P.S. I will take 9-7 and the breaks again for $100 and I will even bet the 2 bottles I am owed. :p

Great idea Lenny...The only thing better would be to have Freddy come down and play a grudge match with the Duck....I will chip in my part to get him down there.....but of course if he wins then he has to pay his own way back.....;)

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
gulfportdoc said:
Lenny, that's a great idea. After all, Dick will go two and out, so that should leave him plenty of time for serious commentary and serious drinking.;) You haven't been paid the two bottles from your last session??:confused: And how long has that been???

Jokes aside, it would be great to have Dick do some play by play, and other insightful commentary.

Doc

Well I am a bit of a nit and when we gamble I seem to always win the first set for the cash and the bottle. We bet the cash but not the bottle on the next set or whatever and he gets even with the cash but I am smart enough to stay in the sweet sauce. I will bet the 2 bottles this time because I am feeling froggy! :eek:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Fast Lenny said:
Well I am a bit of a nit and when we gamble I seem to always win the first set for the cash and the bottle. We bet the cash but not the bottle on the next set or whatever and he gets even with the cash but I am smart enough to stay in the sweet sauce. I will bet the 2 bottles this time because I am feeling froggy! :eek:

OK Froggy, No more friendly stalling to get you to bet more...being as you confessed to being a nit :D
You will regret bragging about having me stuck 2 bottles...See ya next Saturday...:eek:

thebaby

Verified Member
so excited to meet the legend

so excited to meet the legend

well in about a month we in sacramento ,ca will have the honor of seeing the honorable S.J.D. in action.we are preparing for his arrival.the talk in the room now is will he get down in action.we have a ton of rail birds as in all pool rooms across this country.but sacramento is different than most rooms.our senior's get up and play and stay in action.:D

SJDinPHX

Suspended
thebaby said:
well in about a month we in sacramento ,ca will have the honor of seeing the honorable S.J.D. in action.we are preparing for his arrival.the talk in the room now is will he get down in action.we have a ton of rail birds as in all pool rooms across this country.but sacramento is different than most rooms.our senior's get up and play and stay in action.:D

Baby Frank,

Point me towards anyone within 10 yrs. of my age, and they will have good action. I like action too, but the young straight shooters, (yourself included) will have to give up "honorary" weight, for the priveledge of playing with a ""way over the hill" ex-legend... Don't worry, I won't be asking for what Frost gives me..:rolleyes:

Nice try though...:D

Last edited:

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
gbru said:
Great idea Lenny...The only thing better would be to have Freddy come down and play a grudge match with the Duck....I will chip in my part to get him down there.....but of course if he wins then he has to pay his own way back.....;)
George, you probably know as well as I that they ain't ever gonna play anything.:rolleyes: The closest they'll get to that is to continue this Jack Benny/Fred Allen routine. Don't ask me which one is which...:D

Doc

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
SJDinPHX said:
OK Froggy, No more friendly stalling to get you to bet more...being as you confessed to being a nit :D
You will regret bragging about having me stuck 2 bottles...See ya next Saturday...:eek:

You mean THIS SATURDAY! :D

I am a nit when it comes to that special sauce, I plan on keeping those bottles like trophies so I did not want to bet them but if I can have 4 that is even better. Lenny the Lock signing off. :)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
gulfportdoc said:
George, you probably know as well as I that they ain't ever gonna play anything.:rolleyes: The closest they'll get to that is to continue this Jack Benny/Fred Allen routine. Don't ask me which one is which...:D

Doc

Doc,

It is more of a Don Rickles/Rodney Dangerfield (the no respect guy) routine.......Puhleeeze don't ask me which one is which..:D

PS..Never say never Doc, I may get drunk at DCC, and challenge him to a session of each...Banks (ugh) and One Pocket...Yee Haw !!!!..:cool:

Last edited:

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
gbru said:

That would be entertaining for sure, we will mic them up too. :D

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Latta talk...

Latta talk...

... and posturing. But just to get the anxiety flowing at a high level. I just had cataract surgery in my left eye. Came out perfect. I can see like a hawk out of that eye. Right eye is still a cloudy mist, but hopefully within a month or so that one will be taken care of also.
I dont know if it means anything, of course I still cant playyet, but when I look at pool balls out of my left eye, they look the size of cantalopes! With glasses they looked like BB's.
I was gonna keep it under wraps and maybe pull a few surprises at DCC, but that aint my style. Right, Duck? I'd rather incur anxiety and trepidation for the next 4 months. Could there be any worse sentence for you, Duckie boy, me maybe playing good again? Something to think (and worry) about.

Beard

SJDinPHX

Suspended
In keeping with our truce...

In keeping with our truce...

fred bentivegna said:
... and posturing. But just to get the anxiety flowing at a high level. I just had cataract surgery in my left eye. Came out perfect. I can see like a hawk out of that eye. Right eye is still a cloudy mist, but hopefully within a month or so that one will be taken care of also.
I dont know if it means anything, of course I still cant playyet, but when I look at pool balls out of my left eye, they look the size of cantalopes! With glasses they looked like BB's.
I was gonna keep it under wraps and maybe pull a few surprises at DCC, but that aint my style. Right, Duck? I'd rather incur anxiety and trepidation for the next 4 months. Could there be any worse sentence for you, Duckie boy, me maybe playing good again? Something to think (and worry) about.

Beard

Beardman,

I eat "anxiety and trepidation" for breakfast...:cool:

I have put off recommended cataract surgery for quite some time now, due to other, more pressing problems... Unlike you, I have never had to wear glasses for normal vision. (readers only) However, my eyes are extremely light sensitive, I can still see fairly well, just not as clearly... Lately, night driving has become more of a challenge too.

So I have no way to compare. Let me ask you, in all seriousness...cataract surgery, when needed, does not, by itself, improve vision does it ? In other words, if you've needed corrective glasses (or contacts) all your life, you will still need them after cataract surgery...Right ?...Unless you have Lasik, or some similar procedure, your vision prescription will not likely change, will it ?

I am due to renew my drivers license, on my birthday next month, and for the first time, I am very apprehensive. (last one was 10 years ago)

I do not feel that my obvious decline at pool of late, was due as much to vision, as it was nerves. I could be wrong, but I am in hopes, as I recover from the worst year of my life...that, that area may improve. We'll see I guess. It could just be wishful thinking

Get your other eyeball taken care of, and maybe we can at least woof at each other a little... I am in hopes I can at least make the Ghost "earn" his cash. It may well determine whether I even mess with AB, or not.

Last edited:

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Surgery corrects vision

Surgery corrects vision

SJDinPHX said:
Beardman,

I eat "anxiety and trepidation" for breakfast...:cool:

I have put off recommended cataract surgery for quite some time now, due to other, more pressing problems... Unlike you, I have never had to wear glasses for normal vision. (readers only) However, my eyes are extremely light sensitive, I can still see fairly well, just not as clearly... Lately, night driving has become more of a challenge too.

So I have no way to compare. Let me ask you, in all seriousness...cataract surgery, when needed, does not, by itself, improve vision does it ? In other words, if you've needed corrective glasses (or contacts) all your life, you will still need them after cataract surgery...Right ?...Unless you have Lasik, or some similar procedure, your vision prescription will not likely change, will it ?

I am due to renew my drivers license, on my birthday next month, and for the first time, I am very apprehensive. (last one was 10 years ago)

I do not feel that my obvious decline at pool of late, was due as much to vision, as it was nerves. I could be wrong, but I am in hopes, as I recover from the worst year of my life...that, that area may improve. We'll see I guess. It could just be wishful thinking

Get your other eyeball taken care of, and maybe we can at least woof at each other a little... I am in hopes I can at least make the Ghost "earn" his cash. It may well determine whether I even mess with AB, or not.

Cataract surgery removes your old lens and replaces it with an artificial one that is something like a permanent contact lens. My vision in my left eye without glasses is now between 20/20 and 20/30. My vision in my rt eye that has not been operated on yet is 20/400. Some people, depending on the subject, may need glasses for reading. Your chances improve considerably to not need any kind of glasses if you go for the high line lens (as I did). Its about 3k per eye.
Beard
Beard

gbru

Verified Member
From
mobile al
Fast Lenny said:
That would be entertaining for sure, we will mic them up too. :D

I would graciously double my entry fee....on my own....to see and "hear" that little event.... :)

I'm sorry to say....but I think those two...SJD & Da Beard.....would pull double or triple the crowd that John and Artie would pull....Not taking anything away from Artie or John as they are both perfect gentleman....But who wouldn't pay to see a real live brawl.....Maybe we could actually get them in a ring after the pool event.... Although I've got a feeling that neither of them would fight fairly....:eek:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
fred bentivegna said:
Cataract surgery removes your old lens and replaces it with an artificial one that is something like a permanent contact lens. My vision in my left eye without glasses is now between 20/20 and 20/30. My vision in my rt eye that has not been operated on yet is 20/400. Some people, depending on the subject, may need glasses for reading. Your chances improve considerably to not need any kind of glasses if you go for the high line lens (as I did). Its about 3k per eye.
Beard
Beard

Beardo, just wear a patch over the bad eye, and rathole the other 3K..;) Thats enough for a race to 7 at sumpin'...:D

I believe that is the same surgery a friend of of mine had, and he was very happy with the outcome. (unfortunately, he passed away shortly after at age 67)
He was touting me strongly to go for it. But, that is not just standard cataract surgery these days...is it ?
Also, according to what I've read on the subject, the older you are, the "dicier" the desired outcome can be. My mid-range vision is still pretty good. The last opthamoligist I spoke with (a few years ago) did not seem to think I would gain that much...I do have slowly advancing cataracts, (seperate issue) which I will have to address someday soon.

My wife wore heavy script contacts all her life. She was almost legally blind without them. She had Lasik surgrery about 8 yrs. ago, and initially the results were amazingly good. Still needed readers though, and she did have to go in for "tune-ups" every few years thereafter.

I have an appt. with a new "high tech", D of O next month, before my Driving license renewal. Very interested to see what he says.

Last edited: