Another Addition to the Record Book

BackPocket9Ball

Verified Member
From
Philadelphia
Steve,

Another tournament who's results should go in the record book as a regional tournament was a small, but very tough, one pocket tournament held at Orange Ball Billiards in Rockville, MD in May 2004.

The field included Grady Mathews, Jimmy Fusco, Tom Wirth, Billy Stephen, and Gerry Slivka, among others. I think that the tournament was organized by Mark Wilson and Tom Wirth.

Anyway, Gerry Slivka and Tom Wirth wound up in the finals, but they split 1st & 2nd so there was no winner.

100andout

Verified Member
From
FL/PA
BackPocket9Ball said:
Steve,

Another tournament who's results should go in the record book as a regional tournament was a small, but very tough, one pocket tournament held at Orange Ball Billiards in Rockville, MD in May 2004.

The field included Grady Mathews, Jimmy Fusco, Tom Wirth, Billy Stephen, and Gerry Slivka, among others. I think that the tournament was organized by Mark Wilson and Tom Wirth.

Anyway, Gerry Slivka and Tom Wirth wound up in the finals, but they split 1st & 2nd so there was no winner.

Splitting up the $$ always leaves a bad taste in my mouth. It happened at a tournament I worked with some VERY marquee players, and the rail had $$ on the finals and we all wanted to see the match, but......they didn't think that way!

Gerry