efren/frost 2010 challenge game 3

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Tough spot. Looks to me like he could play off the 3 and settle on the foot rail below the 6. It doesn't really solve anything, but it should guarantee him another turn at the table.

crystal cue

Verified Member
Frost owes 1 so Id take an intentional and try to roll the qb 2 rails behind the 6

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
looks like he's got a free shot on the 2 ball. I'd roll at the 2 ball pocket speed , looks free to me.

Billy I.

Frank Almanza

Verified Member
From
Upland, California
wincardona said:
looks like he's got a free shot on the 2 ball. I'd roll at the 2 ball pocket speed , looks free to me.

Billy I.
I don't see a worthwhile safe here. Giving up a bank on the 3 ball would be my concern if you try to get the cue ball to the end rail or behind the six.
Soft rolling the 2 ball makes sense here. It might take his attention away from trying a combo, carom or anything fancy if he can get the 2 ball close to his pocket.

If he makes it then he may be in a better position for a good safe or maybe some offense.

bernie p

Verified Member
vapros said:
Tough spot. Looks to me like he could play off the 3 and settle on the foot rail below the 6. It doesn't really solve anything, but it should guarantee him another turn at the table.

Vapros,

I like your shot, assuming the table is rolling reasonably true:eek:

Bernie.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
chicken ranch said:
bank the three toward the stack softly & leave the cueball by scotts pocket

I like a risky shot here...The angle looks to be right, to bank the 15? (ball near the side rail, just below the side pocket,)..towards the 7? and 8? and then, hugging the rail,... follow on down towards Scotts pocket. Obviously, if you don't have good speed control, you could scratch, but as we all know...Effy has that in spades..
..He might very well slobber something in, and run out...;) Could be a game changer, with very little luck involved. (unless you butcher it)..:eek:

Draw me a picture Larry...

Last edited:

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
SJDinPHX said:
I like a risky shot here...The angle looks to be right, to bank the 15? (ball near the side rail, just below the side pocket,)..towards the 7? and 8? and then, hugging the rail,... follow on down towards Scotts pocket. Obviously, if you don't have good speed control, you could scratch, but as we all know...Effy has that in spades..
..He might very well slobber something in, and run out...;) Could be a game changer, with very little luck involved. (unless you butcher it)..:eek:

Draw me a picture Larry...

This is the first shot I saw and the one I like. I also saw Vapros' shot but I like Dick's better. The 2 wouldn't be for me. It is only one ball and risks the whole game. Even if you make it, it's not that great a place to be.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
lll said:
you can see the score and its efrens shot
View attachment 3931
scott didnt think efren would shoot the 2 as there was little reward and too much risk in scotts opinion
i thought efren would find a way to play safe off the middle of the 3 stripes on scotts side
but efren took as a scratch
ive shown now some layouts where very well respected players have taken scratches
for the newbies and lurkers its always a shot option
ef1.jpg