A Bank for Freddie the Beard

luv1pocket

Verified Member
I got your book Freddie and it shows a lot of good banks but this one you said was one of the harder ones even for top players. I talked to a couple people and they said it is probably impossible. I believe Eddie Taylor can make it but what about the rest of us who don't bank like God.
If done right the cue will duck inside the object ball and lay against the rail while the object ball goes past it to the pocket.
But after seeing other people shot it the cue ball seems to always get kissed by the object ball. I use right english and hit it firm but it still doesn't work.
(banking with the Beard page 180)

START(
%AE2H9%B[8]1%CB3B4%D[9B0%E[5\8%FB2[8%GB8B8%H[1B4%I[6\5%JZ9B7
%KB4\3%LB5B4%M[3\9%NB4\4%O[5B3%PE1O4%eB8a4
)END

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Its a hard shot

Its a hard shot

I think I made it pretty clear that the shot was a monster when I narrowed the field of makers and started it off with Eddie Taylor. I can make it one out of about 7 or 8 tries on the high side of the table. On the low side I can make it in 3 or 4. Believe me, it does go, but as I said it is one of the more demanding stroke testers. It is still not as difficult as Vernon Eliot's 2 mindbenders. I can make those about once a year. Helpful hint: the cue stick must be dead level when applying the english. And the english is applied in the center side of the cue ball. (the same instructions I give you in the book) And now, a super-super secret that might hurt you more than help: Taylor used a wrist-twist, ala Truman Hogue and Piggy Bank. He turned his wrist towards the center of the cue ball. For a right-hander turn the wrist inward for right hand english, outwards for left english. That is all I am going to say about it. Nobody ask me any more questions about the wrist twist. I am going to have enough bank masters mad at me for releasing what I just did.
the Beard

Shorty

Verified Member
From
Melbourne, Florida
Which pocket you trying to bank this shot in? I am a little confused here...

No offense Mr. Beard, but I gotta buddy of mine that is so lousy he can't do anything but motorcycle the ball when he uses hard english HA HA...heck it's the only way he can bank hardly.

I sure hope they don't come looking for you!

Shorty

luv1pocket

Verified Member
One Pocket Bank

One Pocket Bank

The cue ball and object ball are both a ball's width off the rail.

Shorty

Verified Member
From
Melbourne, Florida
Ahhhh okay...from the WEI diagram I could not tell...so I sit corrected. I don't think my buddy is smart enough to twist that one in HA HA

Nice bank...may have to try that on my Simonis sometime.

Shorty

hemicudas

Verified Member
From
Jackson, Miss.
Shot it 10 times made it 3 times.

Shot it 10 times made it 3 times.

The widest point for the cue ball to pass the object ball is close to the side rail. So, inside force follow "Top Right" in this case, is the easiest way of beating the kiss and making the bank. Problem is how much force follow? Because if you put too much you beat the kiss but scratch. It is impossible to put too much inside "Right" english on the cue ball. It is a great bank, Freddy.

luckybreaky

Verified Member
What are the mind benders?

What are the mind benders?

Post the Vernon mindbenders up if you dont care beard..

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
I dont know how to do it.

I dont know how to do it.

luckybreaky said:
Post the Vernon mindbenders up if you dont care beard..

I dont know how to use the attachment do-dad. I tried but the file was too big to be accepted.
the Beard