Skyler Woodward - this kid is a monster - the next Shane

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I know it's not One Pocket..but..this kid is really something...

This weekend at the Carom Room, in nearby Beloit, Wis. there was a serious $$$ tournament...

Bar table 8ball, with a $2,000 entry fee...:eek:...

Skyler wins it, paying him $16,000 for 1st place...his last 5 matches being...

Beating Justin Bergman - then beating Darrin Appleton - then beating Corey Deuel - and then beating Shane twice to win it! :eek: :eek: :eek:

- Ghost

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I know it's not One Pocket..but..this kid is really something...

This weekend at the Carom Room, in nearby Beloit, Wis. there was a serious $$$ tournament...

Bar table 8ball, with a $2,000 entry fee...:eek:...

Skyler wins it, paying him $16,000 for 1st place...his last 5 matches being...

Beating Justin Bergman - then beating Darrin Appleton - then beating Corey Deuel - and then beating Shane twice to win it! :eek: :eek: :eek:

- Ghost

Yes, he's a ball-pocketing monster and his one-pocket has seriously moved ahead.

AND, in a dozen observations and interactions, I've never seen anything from him to make me think he's anything but a helluva nice kid.

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Yes, he's a ball-pocketing monster and his one-pocket has seriously moved ahead.

AND, in a dozen observations and interactions, I've never seen anything from him to make me think he's anything but a helluva nice kid.

Well put. Pretty echoes my thoughts on the kid. Guy banks real damn good as well.

jalapus logan

Verified Member
Skyler also beat Orcullo in the first round. So, even though Appleton was a scratch, this is quite an impressive performance in its own right. Double dipping SVB is amazing. Someone wrote on the other site that Sky had a B & R in something like 20 of his 30 wins against SVB. Yowza!

I bought the Derby stream and caught Sky in the onepocket against Shuff and I was impressed. Though his onepocket game could use some seasoning, he really came with it and he outplayed Shuff, IMO, despite losing that match. That's how it goes sometimes.

I look forward to seeing how he progresses throughout the years.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Skyler also beat Orcullo in the first round. So, even though Appleton was a scratch, this is quite an impressive performance in its own right. Double dipping SVB is amazing. Someone wrote on the other site that Sky had a B & R in something like 20 of his 30 wins against SVB. Yowza!

I bought the Derby stream and caught Sky in the onepocket against Shuff and I was impressed. Though his onepocket game could use some seasoning, he really came with it and he outplayed Shuff, IMO, despite losing that match. That's how it goes sometimes.

I look forward to seeing how he progresses throughout the years.

He's too young to tell for sure, but I think he has the head for it: judgment, courage, restraint, killer instinct. He could be the next ONE.

Island Drive

Verified Member
From
florence, colorado
He's too young to tell for sure, but I think he has the head for it: judgment, courage, restraint, killer instinct. He could be the next ONE.

What I'm hoping for is that SVB will take it up another notch, and take USA pool to the next level. Nothing quite like ''pure'' pool. Those young eyes are such an advantage if you have the game. Proof in the pudding, the 16 yr old ten years ago, winning the world championship. If the game ever gets to the level of the PGA, won't be many 40 year olds hangin' with the twenty something's.

#Cruncher

Verified Member
Started off the tournament with an unbelievable display beating Dennis Orcullo 15-5 !