Space City Stream

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
Isn't it nice to watch a quality All Day stream for $4.95. Why are those other guys charging so much?

sappo

Verified Member
From
Tucson AZ
i also want to add they have the brackets up to date. we don't get that from any other streamers. keep up the good work!!!!

Hennie Bogan

Verified Member
I wanted to add my two cents to this. I love all of the streams. This is not a criticism of the others. Some have better feeds than others, better commentary, formats that I appreciate more, etc. I just wanted to highlight a couple of things that I really liked about this stream and offer one criticism.

First, they have an on demand/full event option where you pay $19.95 and can watch any of the matches later. This is fantastic for someone like me that can't predict when he will be busy with work, etc. As a note for other streamers, I will always take this option if you make it available and it is priced fairly, which I think this was. Even if it only included a certain number of plays after the event concludes or you could only access the video for a certain period of time, I would see it as a great feature. One important part is getting the videos up fairly quickly so that it is still somewhat contemporaneous.

Second, I initially paid for only the $4.95 live view. I did this, in part, because I wasn't sure how good the quality would be (I think it was quite good btw). I then got busy with work and could not continue to watch, so I bought the $19.95 on demand/full event pass so I could watch these great matches later. Today, I found that they refunded me the $4.95 on their own initiative. I am not saying other streamers should feel compelled to do this, or that they would not have done this, but it was awfully nice.

Finally, as constructive criticism, I am still a bit frustrated by streamers not keeping up with the ball count in one pocket. I completely understand that it is difficult, but this is one of those things that has got to get done. It is very important to the one pocket viewing experience. Some streamers have started to do better with this and it really makes watching the matches more enjoyable.

Thanks so much to all the streamers for bringing us these great matches!

Last edited:

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
I wanted add my two cents to this. I love all of the streams. This is not a criticism of the others. Some have better feeds than others, better commentary, formats that I appreciate more, etc. I just wanted to highlight a couple of things that I really liked about this stream and offer one criticism.

First, they have an on demand/full event option where you pay $19.95 and can watch any of the matches later. This is fantastic for someone like me that can't predict when he will be busy with work, etc. As a note for other streamers, I will always take this option if you make it available and it is priced fairly, which I think this was. Even if it only included a certain number of plays after the event concludes or you could only access the video for a certain period of time, I would see it as a great feature. One important part is getting the videos up fairly quickly so that it is still somewhat contemporaneous.

Second, I initially paid for only the $4.95 live view. I did this, in part, because I wasn't sure how good the quality would be (I think it was quite good btw). I then got busy with work and could not continue to watch, so I bought the $19.95 on demand/full event pass so I could watch these great matches later. Today, I found that they refunded me the $4.95 on their own initiative. I am not saying other streamers should feel compelled to do this, or that they would not have done this, but it was awfully nice.

Finally, as constructive criticism, I am still a bit frustrated by streamers not keeping up with the ball count in one pocket. I completely understand that it is difficult, but this is one of those things that has got to get done. It is very important to the one pocket viewing experience. Some streamers have started to do better with this and it really makes watching the matches more enjoyable.

Excellent post.

keoneyo

Verified Member
I wanted add my two cents to this. I love all of the streams. This is not a criticism of the others. Some have better feeds than others, better commentary, formats that I appreciate more, etc. I just wanted to highlight a couple of things that I really liked about this stream and offer one criticism.

Can you post me a link. I was dead beat in bed with the flu and passed this all up.

Hennie Bogan

Verified Member
Here is the link:

www.spacecityopen.com/getstream

The hot seat match is going on right now with JJ and Chip Compton. If you get the 19.95 package, you can watch the prior matches. They have about 6 up so far, with others apparently being posted in the next few days. Commentary is not as focused as I would like, but there are some pretty quality players (Chohan, JJ, Chip Compton, Joey Gray, etc.), and I prefer any commentary to no commentary.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Here is the link:

www.spacecityopen.com/getstream

The hot seat match is going on right now with JJ and Chip Compton. If you get the 19.95 package, you can watch the prior matches. They have about 6 up so far, with others apparently being posted in the next few days. Commentary is not as focused as I would like, but there are some pretty quality players (Chohan, JJ, Chip Compton, Joey Gray, etc.), and I prefer any commentary to no commentary.

Thanks buddy.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
The only thing I will say is it would be nice if the commentators would have some knowledge of the game and have enough interest in the game instead of talking about where they slept last night and keep from using foul language.---Smitty

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
The only thing I will say is it would be nice if the commentators would have some knowledge of the game and have enough interest in the game instead of talking about where they slept last night and keep from using foul language.---Smitty

Count me among those who like the foul language. A bit more realistic and bombastic.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL

Listening to many, many sub-par streams with commentary has made me appreciate Dr. Bill a lot more than I once did. He's a genius at one pocket commentary.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
So, who won.

Last 4 on winner's side:

James Davis Jr.
Chip C.
JJ
Joey G

Chip and JJ win
Chip beats JJ for hot seat
=======

Last 5 on 1-loss side:

Gabe
T-Rex
Manny Chau
Joey G
JJ

Tony and Joey win
Joey beats Tony
JJ beats Joey
Chip beats JJ

1 Chip
2 JJ
3 Joey
4 T-Rex

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Last 4 on winner's side:

James Davis Jr.
Chip C.
JJ
Joey G

Chip and JJ win
Chip beats JJ for hot seat
=======

Last 5 on 1-loss side:

Gabe
T-Rex
Manny Chau
Joey G
JJ

Tony and Joey win
Joey beats Tony
JJ beats Joey
Chip beats JJ

1 Chip
2 JJ
3 Joey
4 T-Rex

Thanks, John.

Skin

Verified Member
Joey Gray put an out on Chohan to knock him out of the 1p that was unreal. Perfect textbook. Gray needed them all (four or five), dropped a ball that was out of play by Chohan's upper pocket while getting shape on the then last ball on the table. Made that ball and got lined up for the ball that came onto the spot for the win. The only access I know of to it is behind the $19.95 pay wall there at the site.

Maxwell

Verified Member
Listening to many, many sub-par streams with commentary has made me appreciate Dr. Bill a lot more than I once did. He's a genius at one pocket commentary.

It's been said many times but Bill I. is the man for commentary.

And ball count must be kept right for commentary to be meaningful at all.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Joey Gray put an out on Chohan to knock him out of the 1p that was unreal. Perfect textbook. Gray needed them all (four or five), dropped a ball that was out of play by Chohan's upper pocket while getting shape on the then last ball on the table. Made that ball and got lined up for the ball that came onto the spot for the win. The only access I know of to it is behind the $19.95 pay wall there at the site.

im glad i bought it after hennie bogan mentioned it
thanks hennie...:)
now i can watch all the matches for ever....for TWENTY BUCKS....:eek:
C'MON MAN THE BEST DEAL OF THE CENTURY....:D

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
A friend E-mailed me, he said he bought the stream, sign in early thursday and saw Tall Jeff and I playing. I had no idea the cameras were rolling. :)