Great time at the Derby

chicagomike

Verified Member
Well here it is my final night at the Derby...I placed 7th round in banks and slept through my first 1p match...bummer(damn save feature on the I phone alarm).
I made my quiet exit in the 3rd round of 1p thanks to Robert Frost. Action treated me kindly and I came out ahead. Plenty of laughs and shared stories with Kentucky Bill, Miller, Cincy Kid, Cory DC, Bernie, Steve Booth, Mitch, and of course the best talker I know, roomie Fast Eddie. I apologize if I missed anyone and please call me out on it!!!

Biggest lesson learned is the need to grind even when you think you have the game well in hand.

Wishing you all next year of pleasant rolls and fat pockets.

Last edited:

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
mike thanks for the report
sounds like you had a great time at the dcc
dont be shy in contributing to the wwyd's
larry (lll)

chicagomike

Verified Member
Yes! You too Walter...sounds like you have some good things happening and those were some great looking cues!

chicagomike

Verified Member
Well here it is my final night at the Derby...I placed 7th round in banks and slept through my first 1p match...bummer(damn save feature on the I phone alarm).
I made my quiet exit in the 3rd round of 1p thanks to Robert Frost. Action treated me kindly and I came out ahead. Plenty of laughs and shared stories with Kentucky Bill, Miller, Cincy Kid, Cory DC, Bernie, Steve Booth, Mitch, and of course the best talker I know, roomie Fast Eddie. I apologize if I missed anyone and please call me out on it!!!

Biggest lesson learned is the need to grind even when you think you have the game well in hand.

Oh...and I can't forget Bernie!!!

baby huey

Verified Member
I got to talk with Mike quite a bit and he knows the game of one pocket in my opinion. Congrats on a nice finish.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member

Hey Mike ,I really enjoyed rooming with you.You're a great guy. And a very excellent player, I'll be glad to support you next year, Guys, Mike is a. Strong player and. Will play anyone ,he has a ton of heart .Hope to see you next year. Take care, FastEddie

cincy_kid

Verified Member
From
Cincinnati, OH
Like I said before, great player you are Mike and very nice to meet you! I think I like where Steve is going with the 2 hit and a pick next year :)

Take care, until next time!

chicagomike

Verified Member
Like I said before, great player you are Mike and very nice to meet you! I think I like where Steve is going with the 2 hit and a pick next year :)

Take care, until next time!

I enjoyed hanging with you. Sounds good on the spot...you and Steve both got it. Ask and you shall receive.(Maybe)

chicagomike

Verified Member
Hey Mike ,I really enjoyed rooming with you.You're a great guy. And a very excellent player, I'll be glad to support you next year, Guys, Mike is a. Strong player and. Will play anyone ,he has a ton of heart .Hope to see you next year. Take care, FastEddie

Thanks Eddie...you're a great story teller. Thanks for sharing. And don't think I forgot about the $2.85.

Hope to see you again soon. Stay well and don't forget you're supposed to drop 30 large by the next time I see you.

chicagomike

Verified Member
I think that's what scares me most about you, LOL...no negotiating, you ask for a spot, you got it! Take care until next time Mike!

Come to think of it I've always kind of been that way...looking for the challenge and then trying to overcome it. Adjustments have always worked both ways:D

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
Great time at the Derby

Come to think of it I've always kind of been that way...looking for the challenge and then trying to overcome it. Adjustments have always worked both ways:D

Nice! I knew I liked you. 10-5 is perfect. Thaaanks! :)