Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > One Pocket Forum
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2019, 01:43 PM
Verified Member

Default yet another dcc report back

Well getting back from my first derby I must say it was everything and more than I expected. I have been wanting to go for over ten years and to have it not disappoint me in the least was a bit of a surprise. I played decent winning my first two matches 3-o and still feel I should have won my third but failed to execute when I had the win. I already have a game plan over the next year to get my pocketing a bit more consistent for next year. Meeting new people form the site was amazing great dinners and talks as well as gambled a little(though not nearly as much as I would have liked to ) ended up breaking dead even in the practice rooms. Got back and wanted to book my trip for next year already. I understand the frustration over lack of tables but for me being on west coast time there where tables available after 10 every night so it did not feel to bad. Any how I would recommend going to derby to any one who likes pool it is the best all around pool experience I have had and hope to go for many years to come.
Old 02-03-2019, 01:48 PM
Verified Member

Thumbs up

Chris - It was great being able to get to know you better. Everyone had a great time at Derby.

You play the game very well and not afraid to shoot at your hole.

See you at 4th annual members tourney (Philly ?).
Old 02-03-2019, 01:54 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by catkins View Post
Well getting back from my first derby I must say it was everything and more than I expected. I have been wanting to go for over ten years and to have it not disappoint me in the least was a bit of a surprise. I played decent winning my first two matches 3-o and still feel I should have won my third but failed to execute when I had the win. I already have a game plan over the next year to get my pocketing a bit more consistent for next year. Meeting new people form the site was amazing great dinners and talks as well as gambled a little(though not nearly as much as I would have liked to ) ended up breaking dead even in the practice rooms. Got back and wanted to book my trip for next year already. I understand the frustration over lack of tables but for me being on west coast time there where tables available after 10 every night so it did not feel to bad. Any how I would recommend going to derby to any one who likes pool it is the best all around pool experience I have had and hope to go for many years to come.
Hey -- I told you so lol

Great to see you at the Derby and I look forward to you being a regular! Now we just need more tables lol
Old 02-03-2019, 02:13 PM
Verified Member

Chris it was good to meet you. You have a very good game. I will ping you the next time I am out your way.
Old 02-03-2019, 02:46 PM
Verified Member

Chris...it was great to meet you and talk a bit. The experience is wonderful and for me is inspiration to come back better the next year. Sounds like we’re in the same camp! Hope to see you out at a future event!
Old 02-03-2019, 03:06 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnewkirk View Post
Chris - It was great being able to get to know you better. Everyone had a great time at Derby.

You play the game very well and not afraid to shoot at your hole.

See you at 4th annual members tourney (Philly ?).
Members tournament @ The Hague
Old 02-03-2019, 04:25 PM
Verified Member

Default yet another dcc report back

It was great to meet you Chris!! Another straight shooter!!!
Old 02-03-2019, 04:31 PM
Verified Member

Nice to meet you Chris, see you next time!
Old 02-03-2019, 11:02 PM
Verified Member

Thanks for taking the time to write up a little something about your trip. That's so awesome that it met and/or exceeded your expectations, which is very rare these days.

Dave