efren/scott #4596

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

I'd either try to play off the 10 to the long rail behind the 12 or cross the 15 for whitey into 1/2 the 9.

For the top players, shoot the 2 and stick may not be bad. It's only one ball, but I don't think anything goes for Scott from there and there is an easy safety off the 4 behind the 12. Better hit it good, though.

1pwannabe

Verified Member
Tough position, these top pro's can do things from here that most of us can't do.

I'd try something like this I think.

Jimmy B

Verified Member
I like banking the nine two rails into the six and then using it along with the ten and six as my blockers as I follow down a few inches..

Jeff sparks

Verified Member
From
Houston, Texas
I'm banking the highest stripe into the lower part of the stack or the 8 ball and getting some balls in my scoring quadrant. The CB will feed nicely down his long rail behind the balls near his pocket. If I hit this with medium speed I shouldn't scratch in the corner.
I could give up a bank here, but I'm not going to ticky around and die a slow death without trying to put some pressure back on him.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
I'm banking the highest stripe into the lower part of the stack or the 8 ball and getting some balls in my scoring quadrant. The CB will feed nicely down his long rail behind the balls near his pocket. If I hit this with medium speed I shouldn't scratch in the corner.
I could give up a bank here, but I'm not going to ticky around and die a slow death without trying to put some pressure back on him.
I too like that kind of shot, Jeff. It has to be hit real accurately, but of course it's Efren.;) The best CB leave would be by the first diamond.

I also like kicking at the stripe by the second diamond. Takes away two balls, and allows for good CB leave.

You never can tell WHAT Efren is going to do in these type layouts. His touch is so phenomenal that his choices oftentimes have almost no value for us average players. But there sure is wow value.:)

~Doc

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri

I also like kicking at the stripe by the second diamond.

That's why I'm screwed against players with stronger cueing. Both of those are great with perfect hits from 6 feet away. I'm always looking for something with a more generous margin for error. :eek:

Wayne

Verified Member
Everyone's always looking for a homerun when a bunt is in order:). It's a manly way of extending the game one more shot:D.

View attachment 14399

That is a good shot that I would not shoot because there is 1/16 th inch clearance on the side you are playing to. You are shooting it length of the table from close to rail at medium speed, it is doable but too dangerous even for Efren (I think),

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
Tough position, these top pro's can do things from here that most of us can't do.

I'd try something like this I think.

I'd either try to play off the 10 to the long rail behind the 12 or cross the 15 for whitey into 1/2 the 9.

For the top players, shoot the 2 and stick may not be bad. It's only one ball, but I don't think anything goes for Scott from there and there is an easy safety off the 4 behind the 12. Better hit it good, though.

Yep. That's what I saw also.

this shot is better than jimmyb's follow :sorry and RBL's bunt :sorry cause it opens a couple up on your side. just don't be like miller at DCC and hit a shot like this too hard :eek:......

what'd he play?

Miller

Verified Member
From
East St. Louis Area
That is a good shot that I would not shoot because there is 1/16 th inch clearance on the side you are playing to. You are shooting it length of the table from close to rail at medium speed, it is doable but too dangerous even for Efren (I think),

you're like ef hutton....when wayne talks, people listen....

what's your shot here?

:)

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
I like either rolling the 2ball in or shooting Jeff's shot off the 12ball and dropping inside the 9ball. Playing off the spot ball would be good if you can stay high on the side rail. Jeff's shot looks to be the most effective shot if hit well.

Dr. Bill

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
So Larry, what did Efren shoot?

efren took a foul.......:eek:
scott didnt think efren would shoot the 2 as there was little reward and too much risk in scotts opinion
i like jeffs option
franks shot to me the object ball seems alittle too far off the rail to get the tkki
if doable i like that more because of the more trapped leave
but efren took a scratch.....:eek:
which left the cue ball about where the tikki would

es21.jpg

Last edited:

1pwannabe

Verified Member
This is not something I would shoot, speed control is too demanding. Good WWYD, thanks for posting.

efren took a foul.......:eek:
scott didnt think efren would shoot the 2 as there was little reward and too much risk in scotts opinion
i like jeffs option
franks shot to me the object ball seems alittle too far off the rail to get the tkki
if doable i like that more because of the more trapped leave
but efren took a scratch.....:eek:
which left the cue ball about where the tikki would

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Well, Reyes hit it with good speed, as you'd expect from him. He must have felt that the angle wasn't there for the ticky. I'm a little surprised he didn't shoot Jeff's suggestion. Evidently he didn't like the angle. Still, he hasn't gained anything here, and has simply given up a point. Scott will get out of this easily, and leave him tough.

It just goes to show how careful these guys are when playing a known ball runner. They're determined not to leave anything, because if you do, you'll sit there and watch the opponent run ball after ball....

~Doc