debatable shot

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
[CUETABLE][http://CueTable.com/P/?@2Aaxw3BSTK3...d_shooting._&&What_would_you_do?_&ZZ2rHfG&ZZ@[CUETABLE][CUETABLEhttp://CueTable.com/P/?@2Aaxw3BSTK3CEAC2DYKE4EPqN4FLyP3GMoI3HPaI4IaGm3JIwI2KCUb3LFuI3MVNI4NTJO4OWDO1PEBF4QdWq3Rchv2qQtFanother_debatable_shot_that_I_would_shoot._I_have_pocket_A_and_trail_4_to_6_and_shooting._&&What_would_you_do?_&ZZ2rHfG&ZZ@2Aaxw3BSTK3CEAC2DYCE4EPqN4FLyP3GMoI3HPaI4IaGm3JIwI2KCUb3LFuI3MVNI4NTJO4OWDO1PEBF4QdWq3Rchv2Uaxw2Uceu2UdDt2UQfl2UImX2XYCE2XYKD4Xadc1kEBF2kbnp2kcEj2kYjJ2kYCB2qQtFanother_debatable_shot_that_I_would_shoot._I_have_pocket_A_and_trail_4_to_6_and_shooting._&&What_would_you_do?_&ZZ2rHfG&ZZ@][/CUETABLE][/CUETABLE]/CUETABLE]

Skin

Verified Member
Bill, you have to click the save button (the red dot) to get your layout stored in the WEI so you can post it. I still make that mistake sometimes.

Skin

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2Aaxw3BSTK3CEAC2DYKE4EPqN4FLyP3GMoI3HPaI4IaGm3JIwI2KCUb3LFuI3MVNI4NTJO4OWDO1PEBF4QdWq3Rchv2qQtFanother_debatable_shot_that_I_would_shoot._I_have_pocket_A_and_trail_4_to_6_and_shooting._&&What_would_you_do?_&ZZ2rHfG&ZZ@2Aaxw3BSTK3CEAC2DYCE4EPqN4FLyP3GMoI3HPaI4IaGm3JIwI2KCUb3LFuI3MVNI4NTJO4OWDO1PEBF4QdWq3Rchv2Uaxw2Uceu2UdDt2UQfl2UImX2XYCE2XYKD4Xadc1kEBF2kbnp2kcEj2kYjJ2kYCB2qQtFanother_debatable_shot_that_I_would_shoot._I_have_pocket_A_and_trail_4_to_6_and_shooting._&&What_would_you_do?_&ZZ2rHfG&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]
wincardona said:
[CUETABLE][http://CueTable.com/P/?@2Aaxw3BSTK3...d_shooting._&&What_would_you_do?_&ZZ2rHfG&ZZ@[CUETABLE][CUETABLEhttp://CueTable.com/P/?@2Aaxw3BSTK3CEAC2DYKE4EPqN4FLyP3GMoI3HPaI4IaGm3JIwI2KCUb3LFuI3MVNI4NTJO4OWDO1PEBF4QdWq3Rchv2qQtFanother_debatable_shot_that_I_would_shoot._I_have_pocket_A_and_trail_4_to_6_and_shooting._&&What_would_you_do?_&ZZ2rHfG&ZZ@2Aaxw3BSTK3CEAC2DYCE4EPqN4FLyP3GMoI3HPaI4IaGm3JIwI2KCUb3LFuI3MVNI4NTJO4OWDO1PEBF4QdWq3Rchv2Uaxw2Uceu2UdDt2UQfl2UImX2XYCE2XYKD4Xadc1kEBF2kbnp2kcEj2kYjJ2kYCB2qQtFanother_debatable_shot_that_I_would_shoot._I_have_pocket_A_and_trail_4_to_6_and_shooting._&&What_would_you_do?_&ZZ2rHfG&ZZ@][/CUETABLE][/CUETABLE]/CUETABLE]
I'll keep trying and soon i'll get it

Skin

Verified Member
I would "Z" the 9 and pull back with draw for a shot on the 3 or 11.

Skin

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Skin said:
I would "Z" the 9 and pull back with draw for a shot on the 3 or 11.

Skin
Not a bad option, but try my shot and see how you like it. This shot comes up more often than you think, and it's advisable to develope a feel for this shot.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
Not a bad option, but try my shot and see how you like it. This shot comes up more often than you think, and it's advisable to develope a feel for this shot.

In total agreement with this shot Bill, its the first one I saw. Almost impossible to hit bad.

Skin

Verified Member
SJDinPHX said:
In total agreement with this shot Bill, its the first one I saw. Almost impossible to hit bad.

Dick, I'd like to ask a respectful question because I am not getting the value of some of these carom kicks. Where are you going to go next from the cb position as shown if you make the ball? Bank the 1 and then try to get out from there on the 3 & 13?

Or this all just about moving into a stronger position with sinking a ball an added benefit? The leave is a dead bank on the 3 for him if you miss. (????)

Skin

Last edited:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
more value

more value

Skin said:
Dick, I'd like to ask a respectful question because I am not getting the value of some of these carom kicks. Where are you going to go next from the cb position as shown if you make the ball? Bank the 1 and then try to get out from there on the 3 & 13?

Or this all just about moving into a stronger position with sinking a ball an added benefit?

Skin

Skin, The carom shot is equal, in terms of difficulty as the two railer on the 9 ball. But since you need 4 balls if you pocket the carom, getting out from there is an easier task, than if you pocketed the 9 ball and tried to get out from that position. Plus you're taking 2 balls away from your opponents side of the table and repositioning them in a better spot for you.Also position is almost auto on the carom.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Wow,

When I see these shots I feel like I have sooo much to learn and also learn how to execute.

If you were playing scotch partners with someone without much experience with these shots would you still coach your (less experienced) partner to shoot it this way?

Dudley----> a 9ball player trying to learn 1hole.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
maybe, maybe not

maybe, maybe not

Dudley said:
Wow,

When I see these shots I feel like I have sooo much to learn and also learn how to execute.

If you were playing scotch partners with someone without much experience with these shots would you still coach your (less experienced) partner to shoot it this way?

Dudley----> a 9ball player trying to learn 1hole.
Some of these shots are simple, some you need to develope a feel for them to make them more simple.

Dudley

Verified Member
From
San Jose, CA
Great shot--I'll have to go to work on the table and see how difficult a shot like this really is for me. I also realize that without knowing the comfort level of your partner on a shot like this there is no way you could really answer my question.

These are a type of shot I haven't seen or thought much about.

Dudley

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Skin said:

Or this all just about moving into a stronger position with sinking a ball an added benefit? The leave is a dead bank on the 3 for him if you miss. (????)

Skin

Skin,

Ditto what Billy said. You are not going to make the 4 ball very often, but it lays so natural to put it very close. Its a better option than 2-railing the 9 ball IMO. You will have your opponent in a lot more trouble, plus, if you make it...you might get out.
And, as BI said, you are taking both balls out of play on his side...kapish ?

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Skin said:

Skin

Skin,

Ditto what Billy said. You are not going to make the 4 ball very often, but it lays so natural to put it very close. Its a better option than 2-railing the 9 ball IMO. You will have your opponent in a lot more trouble, plus, if you make it...you might get out. Kappish ?

Dick <---would pray for him to bank the 3 ball.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Guess I am missing something, I don't see Billy's shot anywhere.I would hit the 4 head on, put it on my side up table and let him have a shot at the 3. From the table The way I'm looking at it , if you stick the CB on the rail where the 4 is I don't think he has a good bank on the 3 or 11.---Smitty

senor

Verified Member
Skin said:

Skin

If I may speak for Dick, I think if the 4 were pocketed, it is time to start running some balls, 3, 11 & 9 to start with.

The shot is about moving 2 balls out of your opponent's side to your side, with the chance to make one of them and run some balls. I see your point about the three, but practice the shot and you will see it is a difficult shot to hit so badly that your opponent will have a free shot at the three.

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
billy great move and you explained why :) these carom kicks are not that hard to execute just have to see it. moving a ball to your hole not leaving a free shot ie. the bank on the 3 ( i assune thats why dick wants you to shoot it) and moving 2 balls that lay well for him to work for you is 1p at its finest . accomplishing multiple positive things with one stroke.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
One pocket Smitty said:
Guess I am missing something, I don't see Billy's shot anywhere.
Smitty, click on the "2" on the bottom right hand side of the pool table as you're looking at it. It's right beside the "1". That'll show you Billy's shot on the next page.

Doc

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
wincardona said:
[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2Aaxw3BSTK3CEAC2DYKE4EPqN4FLyP3GMoI3HPaI4IaGm3JIwI2KCUb3LFuI3MVNI4NTJO4OWDO1PEBF4QdWq3Rchv2qQtFanother_debatable_shot_that_I_would_shoot._I_have_pocket_A_and_trail_4_to_6_and_shooting._&&What_would_you_do?_&ZZ2rHfG&ZZ@2Aaxw3BSTK3CEAC2DYCE4EPqN4FLyP3GMoI3HPaI4IaGm3JIwI2KCUb3LFuI3MVNI4NTJO4OWDO1PEBF4QdWq3Rchv2Uaxw2Uceu2UdDt2UQfl2UImX2XYCE2XYKD4Xadc1kEBF2kbnp2kcEj2kYjJ2kYCB2qQtFanother_debatable_shot_that_I_would_shoot._I_have_pocket_A_and_trail_4_to_6_and_shooting._&&What_would_you_do?_&ZZ2rHfG&ZZ@[/CUETABLE] I'll keep trying and soon i'll get it

Billy, depending on the exact layout on the table, I might feel better about cutting the 11 off the three, sending both balls to my hole and two railing the cue ball up for position behind the 9.

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Skin said:

Skin

Skin; if you make the 4 ball it will look something like this.Rod[CUETABLE]http://CueTable.com/P/?@2Aaxw3BSTK3CEAC2DYKE4EPqN4FLyP3GMoI3HPaI4IaGm3JIwI2KCUb3LFuI3MVNI4NTJO4OWDO1PEBF4QdWp3Rchv2XYKE4XcAw1kEBF2kYbq2kcMa2kYbM2kSvr2qQtFanother_debatable_shot_that_I_would_shoot._I_have_pocket_A_and_trail_4_to_6_and_shooting._&&What_would_you_do?_&ZZ2rHfG&ZZ1sCYFIf_you_happen_to_make_the_4_ball,_it_should_look_something_like_this._&ZZ@2Aaxw3BSTK3CEAC2DYCE4EPqN4FLyP3GMoI3HPaI4IaGm3JIwI2KCUb3LFuI3MVNI4NTJO4OWDO1PEBF4QdWq3Rchv2Uaxw2Uceu2UdDt2UQfl2UImX2XYCE2XYKD4Xadc1kEBF2kbnp2kcEj2kYjJ2kYCB2qQtFanother_debatable_shot_that_I_would_shoot._I_have_pocket_A_and_trail_4_to_6_and_shooting._&&What_would_you_do?_&ZZ2rHfG&ZZ@[/CUETABLE]

Fatboy

Verified Member
From
Vegas & LA
I like the Z shot on the 9, thats what I saw here, I bank ok and I like that choice, I might get it close and a blocker ball if it dosent go. Now on a unfamiliar table, i would most likely try the other shot mentioned(cant remember the ball numbers now) and move them towards my side and leave the rock on the rail.