My Trip to Houston,TX

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
First day had to change my hotel because of bad conditions. Went to Bogies where Dr. Bill thought I could get a room at Roadway Hotel where he was staying. SOLD OUT NO ROOMS LEFT. Got a room at Days Inn. Next day players meeting and was on winners side till I played Tall Jeff. Very serious player and never stopped burying down on every shot. He shook my hand and I thought he had a catchers mitt on. Jeff played very good and consistent with his safety play.The next day I played Doc and he was off with his shooting and I got all the good rolls and he never got started. A perfect gentleman and never complained.Real nice person.My next match was with One Pocket Smitty, I played very good and won a tough match. Smitty really knows the game.Great Guy too. Now I'm really in good stroke and played a guy named Byron Cook, J.H. coach he never game me air to breath, the real sqeeze player.It was the longest match of the Tournament. After 2 hours they put you on the clock, he didn't shoot slow but he did play to get every ball up table so after almost 4 hours it was tied 2 games apiece. the last game he broke the balls great and his first shot he ran 4 balls and had a ball sitting 2 inches from his pocket. He left me a flyer shot off angle so I considered shooting it but thought after 4 hours I'm knocking the ball away from his pocket not shooting a flyer now left him a tough bank which he made and got out. I never got out of the break. He shook my hand and call it a tie so I said no you won it fair and square and he said no he was calling a tie so I said thankyou now give me $140.00 half the money you got paid and he said next time. Never said a word the whole match. Very,Very smart guy and a class act. John's Henderson's road partner. Now I want to thank all the guys who put this great event on John Rizzo, Jeff Sparks did a lot of work putting this on. LS John great guy too. Dr. Bill ask me if I wanted to go to dinner and the show was on. Mary K., Ming, Dr.Bill's son Michael ,myself personal friend of Dr.Bill and Leonard Bludworth. We went to PAPASITO"S' they told us an hour wait 5 minutes we had the largest table in the place. Nothing but laughing and eating the whole time. I want to thank Billy for being a class act.He did it all THANKS AGAIN Dr.Bill.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Next day J.H. is getting some lunch, I told him nothing but good rolls today, so I bought him lunch a 2 dollar Hot Dog and even asked him if he wanted 2 hot dogs he said no. I move pretty good sometimes. John wins Tournament and asked me to go to dinner with him I said I'm in. Again Mary K. ,Ming, Craig Herman, Byron Cook myself and of course The CHAMP. Every restaurant was closed except a Japanese Steak House. Sunday night 10 o'clock the show is on again, Steakes,Shrimp Chicken, Lobster, fried rice ,salads, drinks. The CHAMP was generous as he would not take any monies for the dinner. He paid it all. Thanks Again John Henderson, I really appreciate your generousity. Dr.Bill and John H. are the Topps of the Action Guys. Great People

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
First day had to change my hotel because of bad conditions. Went to Bogies where Dr. Bill thought I could get a room at Roadway Hotel where he was staying. SOLD OUT NO ROOMS LEFT. Got a room at Days Inn. Next day players meeting and was on winners side till I played Tall Jeff. Very serious player and never stopped burying down on every shot. He shook my hand and I thought he had a catchers mitt on. Jeff played very good and consistent with his safety play.The next day I played Doc and he was off with his shooting and I got all the good rolls and he never got started. A perfect gentleman and never complained.Real nice person.My next match was with One Pocket Smitty, I played very good and won a tough match. Smitty really knows the game.Great Guy too. Now I'm really in good stroke and played a guy named Byron Cook, J.H. coach he never game me air to breath, the real sqeeze player.It was the longest match of the Tournament. After 2 hours they put you on the clock, he didn't shoot slow but he did play to get every ball up table so after almost 4 hours it was tied 2 games apiece. the last game he broke the balls great and his first shot he ran 4 balls and had a ball sitting 2 inches from his pocket. He left me a flyer shot off angle so I considered shooting it but thought after 4 hours I'm knocking the ball away from his pocket not shooting a flyer now left him a tough bank which he made and got out. I never got out of the break. He shook my hand and call it a tie so I said no you won it fair and square and he said no he was calling a tie so I said thankyou now give me $140.00 half the money you got paid and he said next time. Never said a word the whole match. Very,Very smart guy and a class act. John's Henderson's road partner. Now I want to thank all the guys who put this great event on John Rizzo, Jeff Sparks did a lot of work putting this on. LS John great guy too. Dr. Bill ask me if I wanted to go to dinner and the show was on. Mary K., Ming, Dr.Bill's son Michael ,myself personal friend of Dr.Bill and Leonard Bludworth. We went to PAPASITO"S' they told us an hour wait 5 minutes we had the largest table in the place. Nothing but laughing and eating the whole time. I want to thank Billy for being a class act.He did it all THANKS AGAIN Dr.Bill.

It was great to meet you Eddie.

Nice trip summary.

One pocket Smitty

Verified Member
From
Chandler, Tx.
Fast Eddie is a real nice guy, told me if I was ever in the Baltimore area give him a call he has a table at home. Enjoyed play the match. Take care of yourself and see you next year.---Smitty

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
Great guys I met there ,Maurice LaBanc, Doc, LS John, OnePocket Smitty,Jeff Sparks,John from N.H., John Rizzo, Byron Cook, and a special thanks to Frank Almanza who I loved his opinion on every shot when we watched the finals, his knowledge and he never missed a shot on the chair beside me.I loved his personality and his great stories about the players he grew up with. If I forgot to mention someone I met there I'm sorry but my memory isn't that good anymore. Everybody I met was a class act.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member
I forgot to mention I played 8 and ahalf hours the day before the finals, over 50 years ago before I did that. Love it and felt great afterwards. Leg cramps all night, had to walk in my room for 2 hours before it was over. OLD AGE isn't for SISSIES.

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
My Trip to Houston,TX

You are a helluva good guy Fast Eddie. Glad you enjoyed the trip.

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Brown Clown

Brown Clown

Originally Posted by onepockethacker
Mitch is smart

Aha!

Hacker must know you in real life. This act you been puttin' on around here all this time isn't just a one pocket spread, it's IQ lemonade too. :D

( I.......Q = IQ spread.) :)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
My Trip to Houston,TX

Originally Posted by onepockethacker

Aha!

Hacker must know you in real life. This act you been puttin' on around here all this time isn't just a one pocket spread, it's IQ lemonade too. :D

( I.......Q = IQ spread.) :)

Heh. It was so funny I made it my signature.