Effie v. Shannon...now...2pm pst

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Robert Raiford said:
Haven't made it up yet, be he's had some nice tournaments and I look forward to braving the arctic north to play in the future (I'm in South Florida and we whine about anything below 70 :))

Never saw Shorty play 1P live but I ran into him a few times at 3C tournaments (past his prime, unfortunately.) They definitely have his picture in the dictionary next to "character"! Only know the others by name (except maybe the Ghost, if he's who I think he is :)) I think 3C champ Eddie Robin is another crossover considering his publications.

I'm not sure that I'll ever make it on a list with those champions, but maybe with the right weight and enough le$$on$ with strong players like you guys I'll learn something about this crazy game. ;)

Robert
The only time I played Shorty Onepocket and three cushion billiards I won at both games. I played Paul Melencheck we both played one handed thats what he asked to play Twenty five points for 50 or 100 dollaers I won the first game and he won the second game in the one whole and he quite and he never came around the pool room no more. And I didnt play for 25 years. In my prime he could only finish second. And nobody was in Harold Worsts class. He is all by himself . Greatest all around player in life not even eferin could win. Pool Three cushion And snooker. Harold Worst all by himself. And For his own money.

Robert Raiford

Verified Member
Artie Bodendorfer said:
And nobody was in Harold Worsts class. He is all by himself . Greatest all around player in life not even eferin could win. Pool Three cushion And snooker. Harold Worst all by himself. And For his own money.

I've heard that before about Harold Worst. Unfortunately, I've only seen the short 20 minute Johnston City clip and the 5 minute interview that Freddy The Beard posted. Do you or anyone else know of other footage of him playing? I noticed he certainly didn't seem afraid to use the rails in his straight pool game in that video.

It's interesting Worst mentions in the video interview he felt tournament matches had more pressure than gambling. He said you can always go get more money, but once you've lost in a tournament the opportunity for that title is lost forever.

Robert

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
Robert Raiford said:
I've heard that before about Harold Worst. Unfortunately, I've only seen the short 20 minute Johnston City clip and the 5 minute interview that Freddy The Beard posted. Do you or anyone else know of other footage of him playing? I noticed he certainly didn't seem afraid to use the rails in his straight pool game in that video.

It's interesting Worst mentions in the video interview he felt tournament matches had more pressure than gambling. He said you can always go get more money, but once you've lost in a tournament the opportunity for that title is lost forever.

Robert
Yes thats true but thier is always more tournements today. Thier are hundredsoff different tournements. And when you are gambling you loose the one thing people are playing for your cash. And you cant buy all the things you want with no cash. Playing both ways has pressure. And when pressure realy showes up. IS WHEN YOU HAVE A BAD GAME. And the tournements is more about the compitition. Were gambling is more about the money. Both have pressure. One is about loosing your money. And the other one is about being the best out off the field. And gambling you playone person. And in a tournement you have to beat meny people to win.