Plea To Dick And Freddy

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
i have no ax to grind with either of you but if you want to bicker do it in the members cafe please rather than in the middle of threads that are not related to your personal one -up-manships.try to stick to the thread .if your post is mereley a "dig "of some kind and not constructive comments to the purpose of the thread say it in the members cafe.
maybe you should put each other on "ignore " again and see if that holds the truce or at least limits the interruption of good threads.
i may be the only one that feels this way.
you all can tell me if im out of line publically by posting here or via pm.
you can also tell me if you agree publically or via pm.
dick and freddy you can tell me too:eek:

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Re:

Re:

1- You are not the only one that feels that way.
2- I do not feel you are out of line in the least.
3- I agree =and a brief explanation.

If the bickering is a 'joke':rolleyes: the same joke isn't funny forever.
If it is serious, get over it.
One way or the other the main concern is the possible new traffic here, who wants to step into a forum with all that. We need to clean up a little for other guests. It doesn't dig into me personally, but I have grown tired of having 6 page threads with 1 page of info.

(Goes without saying but Must say it) Respect to you both. Thanks for the responses and interaction you offer to us all here, and BOTH of you, along with some others, make this site what it was, and what it can be.

lll said:
i have no ax to grind with either of you but if you want to bicker do it in the members cafe please rather than in the middle of threads that are not related to your personal one -up-manships.try to stick to the thread .if your post is mereley a "dig "of some kind and not constructive comments to the purpose of the thread say it in the members cafe.
maybe you should put each other on "ignore " again and see if that holds the truce or at least limits the interruption of good threads.
i may be the only one that feels this way.
you all can tell me if im out of line publically by posting here or via pm.
you can also tell me if you agree publically or via pm.
dick and freddy you can tell me too:eek:

Last edited:

lll & NFS: Both of you make wonderful contributions to this forum. One of the things that I really like about this forum is that everyone's contributions are respected. I maintain, as I always have, that each (or every) member has the right to speak. That's the beauty of a forum. We do not always stay on topic, and we sometimes disagree. So what? Yes, threads go off-topic (or get high-hijcked), or we fight and fuss. Nothing wrong with that. If you were having a real-life conversation with someone, and someone else came along and steered the conversation elsewhere, you'd have a choice: allow it, or commandeer it back on topic.

It's like the wild West. LOL. Enjoy the ride. You might even listen to Clare once in a while. :p

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
Agreed fo the most part, I think in the interest of THIS forum, is to be the OPPOSITE of another, WELL known forum..which is overrun with 95 posts on a thread, unrelated to the thread....:mad:

.lol Clare, I'm just glad YOU are on THIS forum...:D
Clare said:
lll & NFS: Both of you make wonderful contributions to this forum. One of the things that I really like about this forum is that everyone's contributions are respected. I maintain, as I always have, that each (or every) member has the right to speak. That's the beauty of a forum. We do not always stay on topic, and we sometimes disagree. So what? Yes, threads go off-topic (or get high-hijcked), or we fight and fuss. Nothing wrong with that. If you were having a real-life conversation with someone, and someone else came along and steered the conversation elsewhere, you'd have a choice: allow it, or commandeer it back on topic.

It's like the wild West. LOL. Enjoy the ride. You might even listen to Clare once in a while. :p

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
Clare said:

clare as you know i also participate in the members forum. personally i think this is where these discussions belong. im not trying to stop them in fact i'll admit i enjoy reading the bickering, woofing whatever you wany to call it. but some of us want to learn and an occasional dig made in good fun is fine bit when it seemms to be more than that and off topic it could easily be done in the members cafe. thats all im saying

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
He started it

He started it

He started it.--- oops, can this be construed as a hi-jack?

Beard

As some may have noticed, my normal M.O. is to not hi-jack threads. I either follow the thread or leave it alone. However, I have a low steam factor and feel obliged to respond.

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
While we all worry about hi-jacks & feuds, the Duck is robbing a friend for $30 and dinner right now on his home table. Just got off the phone with him and he's not even missing us, that rascal.

RBL

fred bentivegna

Verified Member
From
chicago illinois
Dead serious

Dead serious

androd said:
Did So = Did Not= Nanny nanny boo boo. :p No fools like old fools. :)
Rod.

Did you really think I was serious? As some of our congresmen might say, "I represent that accusation!"

Beard

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
fred bentivegna said:
Did you really think I was serious? As some of our congresmen might say, "I represent that accusation!"

Beard

Wasn't it a well-known Chicagoan who said "the police are not here to create disorder, the police are here to preserve disorder":eek: .

Maybe he was jarred???

demonrho

Verified Member
From
SoCal
Cowboy Dennis said:
Wasn't it a well-known Chicagoan who said "the police are not here to create disorder, the police are here to preserve disorder":eek: .

That was RJD one of the Beard's Bridgeport homeboys.

MARK..HOU TX

Verified Member
I'm a member on a fishing forum and a pilots forum..the fishing forumis all about who has the best rods and reels, lures,boats and motors and about 10 % of the time good info re: fishing. The pilots forum all about who has the best airplane which is just another way of saying who has the most money and about 10% good info re: weather avoidance and correct maneuvers ( in my case aerobatics) I'm a little bit of a thrill junkie. This forum is much more civil and informative than the other two and really the back and forth stuff is really pretty tame and entertaining. I haven't seen anybody's mother or parentage questioned here...yet

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
MARK..HOU TX said:
I'm a member on a fishing forum and a pilots forum..the fishing forumis all about who has the best rods and reels, lures,boats and motors and about 10 % of the time good info re: fishing. The pilots forum all about who has the best airplane which is just another way of saying who has the most money and about 10% good info re: weather avoidance and correct maneuvers ( in my case aerobatics) I'm a little bit of a thrill junkie. This forum is much more civil and informative than the other two and really the back and forth stuff is really pretty tame and entertaining. I haven't seen anybody's mother or parentage questioned here...yet

hehe... but you've only been a member since July, 2010:D

when you are in the One Pocket Forum and not in any thread, up at the top, there is a header for Thread, Rating, Last Post, Replies, Views and each of those have a underline under them. Click the Replies and it will sort by the thread with the most replies in it.

There some be some good stuff in those threads:D To get back to where you were at before, just click the Last Post and it will resort back to where you see newest threads at the top.

Deeman

Verified Member
Heck, say what you want, it is still mostly a free country. I prefer a civil dialog but also enjoy the occassional slap down as much as anyone.

As long as you can give as well as take, I don't think it's gonna become an AZ nightmare any time soon.

DeeMan

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
"... give as well as take"

This seems to be where it generally breaks down, Deeman, but it's a very good observation. Best of luck.

Deeman

Verified Member
Besides, Vapros, if I get out of line, I know you'll slap me around a little and I'll shut up. :) :) :)

DeeMan

I blame this thread on Obama and Bush, just to keep it civil....