Go Back   OnePocket.org Forums > Classified
Register FAQ Members List Social Groups Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-31-2019, 10:02 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis "Whitey" Young View Post
Pilot, I went onto Diamond's web site, and only the home use Paragon table offers Artemis cushions. It only states K55 cushions are used on their commercial tables from their 7' Smart Table on up through their Professional Model and their Pro Am model. I believe to get one of these models with Artemis cushions it then has to be a special order. I will try to confirm, for in picking up one of these tables it is sure good to know what cushions are on it.

I know from another thread you were considering getting a Diamond. Whitey
I believe Glen, RealKingCobra, from AZ said the 9’ tables have Artemis. You can research it in AZ land
Check out diamondsoutheast.com

Last edited by jtompilot; 07-31-2019 at 11:38 PM.
Old 08-08-2019, 10:05 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
I believe Glen, RealKingCobra, from AZ said the 9 tables have Artemis. You can research it in AZ land
Check out diamondsoutheast.com
I called up Diamond and talked to a sales person and they stated; "that the 7' & 8' models all have Black Diamond Cushions, and all of their 9' models come with Artemis, and the price on their 9' foot commercial tables ranges from $6,000 to $13,000 depending upon the type of wood".

I do not have a clue when Diamond departed from the blue / red to Artemis. Whitey
Old 08-09-2019, 09:21 PM
Verified Member

Quote:
I called up Diamond and talked to a sales person and they stated; "that the 7' & 8' models all have Black Diamond Cushions, and all of their 9' models come with Artemis, and the price on their 9' foot commercial tables ranges from $6,000 to $13,000 depending upon the type of wood".

I do not have a clue when Diamond departed from the blue / red to Artemis. Whitey
I think the Blue Labels came out in 2010 but not totally sure. All that info has been posted in AZ land
Old 08-10-2019, 04:21 AM
Verified Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtompilot View Post
I think the Blue Labels came out in 2010 but not totally sure. All that info has been posted in AZ land
The newest generation of Pro Am (no coin mechanism for home) Diamond tables and Smart (coin mechanism for commercial use) Diamond tables have blue labels that are "oval" in shape.

Another but older generation of blue label Diamond tables also have blue labels that I can best describe as not being oval in shape but somewhat rectangular and "very much script" (fancy lines) in shape.

There is often confusion over which table is "of the new" and which table is "of the old." To me, both Diamond blue label tables appear identical in style to each other. Knowing the shape of the labels defines which table is newer and which table is older. Additionally, there is a another generation of Diamond tables which has a red label that is the predecessor to both blue label Diamond tables. To add to the confusion this Diamond red label table also appears identical in style to both Diamond blue label tables.

I am not sure of the technical differences of the three generations of Diamond tables. Someone once mentioned to me, which was never verified, that the pitch of the rails is different between the older blue label Diamond table and the newer blue label Diamond table. I do know that there had been changes inside the three generations of Smart Diamond tables regarding the coin mechanism, the return of the cue ball, and the locking mechanism to name a few.

Anyone considering the purchase of a Pro Am Diamond table (home use) and a Smart Diamond table (commercial use) should be aware that the cue ball and object balls take a lot longer to drop in the box once they are pocketed on a Smart Diamond table because of their inner workings in comparison to the simplicity of a Pro Am Diamond table inner workings. Both are made exactly the same in the sense of rails, wood, cloth, etc., etc., etc., except that the Smart Diamond table has a different ball return system because of the coin mechanism and cue ball return. The time difference between the return of the balls to the box is "quick" for the Pro Am and "not so quick" for the Smart Diamond table. Plus the Smart Diamond table costs about a thousand or more because of the coin mechanism, cue ball return and locking mechanism.

Last edited by J.R.; 08-10-2019 at 05:23 AM.
Old 08-10-2019, 11:25 AM
Verified Member

Quote:

The Black Diamond rubber is used on the smaller tables to reduce the speed. That's why the Artemis is only used on their 9 ft. tables