Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
thanks

thanks

gulfportdoc said:
Next thing you know, you'll be wanting part of his action.:rolleyes:

Doc
On a serious note Doc, if I would take 9 to 7 off someone I would also take the first ball they make, playing 8 apiece:confused: oh!:cool: :cool: :cool:

Billy I.

twister

Verified Member
From
Boston, MA
I suspect Ghost was just trying to get a better game by showing his age in forgetting people, but I ain't biting. :)

hitnandpikn

Verified Member
The Beard not on the ghosts play card? You two must have crossed paths thousands of times.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
hitnandpikn said:
The Beard not on the ghosts play card? You two must have crossed paths thousands of times.

Yeah, of course we have - the very first time I played Freddy was when I was about 18-19 yrs. old - and it wasn't one pocket or banks that we played - it was 9ball...:eek:....the reason I didn't put Freddy on my list is because I was just listing the guys who I first met through onepocket.org, not members who I had already known for many years...I didn't put Pat Johnson, ChicagoMike, both Phil's, etc. on the list for that same reason....maybe I will add those guys anyway - then my list will be up to about 30...:eek:

- Ghost

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Well, I thought I'd grab this thread out of the archives and update my - 'onepocket.org members that I've played and gambled with' list...I've played two more members since I first put up my list, and there was one guy from the past that I forgot about: OldHasBeen/Tom - may he rest in peace.........and with the DCC coming up, maybe I'll get to add another name or two to the list...:)...and I also added the Chicago members...here's my updated list >>>

- Ghost

1. Freddy the Beard
2. Racetrack Phil
3. Artie Bodendorfer
4. Larry Schwartz
5. Chicago Mike
6. RedShoes
7. George Fels
8. twister
9. DWS
10. Steve Booth
11. Chicago Mike
12. J.D. Dolan
13. BackPocketNineBall
14. Suki
15. kindlyolduncledave
16. ChicagoRJ
17. berniep
18. jayhelfert
19. jrhendy
20. yobagua
21. jazznpool
22. gbru
23. Weatherman
24. s-trolle
25. Roy Steffensen
26. millertime
27. Phil Welch
28. themilkman
29. thecoats
30. levartze
31. karelin
32. dmyroncox
33. timdog24
34. twister
35. Wayne
36. Voodoo
37. OldHasBeen
38. Dudley
39. wgcp
40. mobile mike

PS, But there's one particular elderly gentleman who lives in the SW United States that I regret not having on my list (not mentioning any names)...he almost went on the list 2 years ago...and I still have this beautiful vision in my head of how it would have ended > with me accidentally spearing the glass of YJ out of his hand, as I make the final winning shot (2-rail reverse english bank) of our $2,000 session...:D....:heh

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Well, I thought I'd grab this thread out of the archives and update my - 'onepocket.org members that I've met, played and gambled with' list...I've played two more members since I first put up my list, and there was one guy from the past that I forgot about: OldHasBeen/Tom - may he rest in peace.........and with the DCC coming up, maybe I'll get to add another name or two to the list...:)....here's my updated list, now up to 29...:eek: >>>

- Ghost

1. Steve Booth
2. J.D. Dolan
3. BackPocketNineBall
4. Suki
5. kindlyolduncledave
6. DWS
7. berniep
8. jayhelfert
9. jrhendy
10. yobagua
11. jazznpool
12. gbru
13. Weatherman
14. s-trolle
15. Roy Steffensen
16. millertime
17. mobilemike
18. themilkman
19. thecoats
20. levartze
21. karelin
22. dmyroncox
23. timdog24
24. twister
25. Wayne
26. Voodoo
27. OldHasBeen
28. Dudley
29. wgcp

PS, But there's one particular elderly gentleman who lives in the SW United States that I regret not having on my list (not mentioning any names)...he almost went on the list 2 years ago...and I still have this beautiful vision in my head of how it would have ended > with me accidentally spearing the glass of YJ out of his hand, as I make the final winning shot (2-rail reverse english bank) of our $2,000 session...:D....:heh

I only see three or four guys on there you might be the underdog against.:rolleyes:

Hope you don't match up this snugly at DCC this year.

I don't need lessons how to play, I need them to make better games. Did all of these guys play for $$.

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
Well, I thought I'd grab this thread out of the archives and update my - 'onepocket.org members that I've met, played and gambled with' list...I've played two more members since I first put up my list, and there was one guy from the past that I forgot about: OldHasBeen/Tom - may he rest in peace.........and with the DCC coming up, maybe I'll get to add another name or two to the list...:)....here's my updated list, now up to 29...:eek: >>>

- Ghost

1. Steve Booth
2. J.D. Dolan
3. BackPocketNineBall
4. Suki
5. kindlyolduncledave
6. DWS
7. berniep
8. jayhelfert
9. jrhendy
10. yobagua
11. jazznpool
12. gbru
13. Weatherman
14. s-trolle
15. Roy Steffensen
16. millertime
17. mobilemike
18. themilkman
19. thecoats
20. levartze
21. karelin
22. dmyroncox
23. timdog24
24. twister
25. Wayne
26. Voodoo
27. OldHasBeen
28. Dudley
29. wgcp

Are you sure it was a bank? I envisioned it being a 2-rail reverse english kick. ;)

Billy I.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
PS, But there's one particular elderly gentleman who lives in the SW United States that I regret not having on my list (not mentioning any names)...he almost went on the list 2 years ago...and I still have this beautiful vision in my head of how it would have ended > with me accidentally spearing the glass of YJ out of his hand, as I make the final winning shot (2-rail reverse english bank) of our $2,000 session..

You mean 2 years ago, when I could still stand upright ?...First off, I would not have been within 20' of you, when you are 'following through,' [sic] and going into your Samuri sword "seizures"...:eek:

I can however, visualize you throwing your 'sword/cue stick' at me, in a fit of rage, after I hammer the final nail in your coffin.... (final score Duck-7, Ghroast,-zip)...:p

Half Duck

PS, Unless, of course, I see you have an "actual" fat stakehorse (in stead of just a dumb one) then I may stall, and let you win a few..:lol:lol

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I only see three or four guys on there you might be the underdog against..:rolleyes:

I only see one guy...;)

Hope you don't match up this snugly at DCC this year.

I didn't have such "snug" matchups playing the guys on my list :rolleyes: I never said these were matchups that were played even - 2/3rds of the guys on the list I spotted 1-3 balls when we played...

Did all of these guys play for $$.

Uhh...the title of the thread says "gambled with...:rolleyes:

- Gho$ty

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Yeah Ghosty, I know...turned out to be a good thing I didn't make it to the DCC two years ago to play you :eek: that saved me $2,000.

- Your fine feathered friend, Ducky :)

Yeah, but don't forget I told you I'd give you back 10% of anything I won :eek: so it would have only cost you $1,800....:D

Your pal, Gh:lolsty

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Yeah, but don't forget I told you I'd give you back 10% of anything I won, so it would have only cost you $1,800....:D

Your pal, Gh:eek:sty

I see your 'best game' now... Whenever you are backed into an uncomfortable situation... or at a loss for words, you always resort to the old "cheapo, modify 'OP' routine"..No wonder YOU invented it..:rolleyes:..Have you NO shame ???..:cool: :sorry

Last edited:

thebaby

Verified Member
Feel left out.....

Feel left out.....

Gentlemen,how do i get on these lists i keep reading about .i'm a prime canidate.Just check my resume out.As long as your over 60, i'm playing.and goes for anybody anywhere in the good old USA.

check us out at www.playthegameclothing.com

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Gentlemen,how do i get on these lists i keep reading about .i'm a prime canidate.Just check my resume out.As long as your over 60, i'm playing.and goes for anybody anywhere in the good old USA.

All you gotta do is give me 9-7, and then I'd be honored to add you to my list...:heh

- Gho$t

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Gimme a break...!!!

Gimme a break...!!!

All you gotta do is give me 11/6, and then I'd be honored to add you to my list...:heh

- Gh:eek:st

What a wimp !!.Have you no shame AT ALL ???.:(...I played the Baby almost even, just 3 yrs. ago (at 74)...Get 'em Frank !..;)

PS..Ghoatsy, always glad to help out, to try and arrive at a "FAIR" match-up...:cool:

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I see your 'best game' now... Whenever you are backed into an uncomfortable situation... or at a loss for words, you always resort to the old "cheapo, modify OP routine" ..No wonder YOU invented it....Have you NO shame ???..:cool:

Ya gotta love Papie....in this post he slams me for always using the - 'modifying/edifying someone else's post comedy vehicle', that I invented....then three posts later he uses it himself...:rolleyes:...and also he constantly uses it...and now he's even copied my using a smiley in place of the letter o in my Ghost signature..:rolleyes:...well all of that copying means only one thing ;) so Papie, I designed/produced a t-shirt for you today, with that well known old saying on it, that perfectly defines/describes your feelings behind your co-opting of all of my comedy devices - I'll be sending out to you tomorrow - and I've signed/autographed the back of it for you - here's a pic of it >>>

- Gh:hehsty

Attachments

• SHIRT%20TWO.jpg
    SHIRT%20TWO.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Ya gotta love Papie....in this post he slams me for always using the - 'modifying/edifying someone else's post comedy vehicle', that I invented....then three posts later he uses it himself....and also he constantly uses it...and now he's even copied my using a smiley in place of the letter o in my Ghost signature..:rolleyes:...well all of that copying means only one thing ;) so Papie, I designed/produced a t-shirt for you today, with that well known old saying on it, that perfectly defines/describes your feelings behind your co-opting of all of my comedy devices - I'll be sending out to you tomorrow - and I've signed/autographed the back of it for you - here's a pic of it >>>

- Gh:hehsty

Leave it to you, to mistake "imitating" for making a laughing stock of someone who is grossly, and triancically, absorbed in his own dichotimus realitus..:rolleyes:

PS..Don't make you a bad guy,..just makes you extracentially ingradacious ! (not my fault)..:sorry

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Gentlemen,how do i get on these lists i keep reading about .i'm a prime canidate.Just check my resume out. As long as your over 60, i'm playing.and goes for anybody anywhere in the good old USA.

How do you and John Henderson play?
Dr. Bill

Glad to see you're on the job Billy..:)...thought for a minute, in your old age, you might have slept this possible misstep by the baby...:D...

Let the lying begin...:heh...:D...

- Gh;)st <--------- always willing to go along with the hijacking of his own thread