Check out my video of Behind the Scenes with Strickland/Archer live in Lincoln

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I have just uploaded a behind the scenes video of the Earl Strickland/Johnny Archer "Bad Blood" matchup that begins tomorrow. This is Day 1 (yesterday).

www.vimeo.com/calired/badbloodday1

You can right click on the video and choose full screen mode and it will still look good. I believe Vimeo is still converting it, so it should be in HD before too long.

I hope you all enjoy it, I've been at it since 5 am

I am headed up to Lincoln now to get more footage for another episode, which will be available late tonight or early morning.

More info of this match can be found here.

http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpo...87&postcount=1

http://www.legendschampions.com/

PPV can be purchased at http://www.tvmike.tv/ It's 25.00 for both days.

Another thread of mine about my activities
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showpo...98&postcount=1

If you want to see a great match, go get the PPV or come on down to Drifter's in Lincoln!

Thanks!

PS... the video ends right before 26 mins... there is a minute or so of blank screen. (slaps himself upside the head)

vapros

Verified Member
From
baton rouge, la
Good on you, Greg. You're doing some great stuff, and I hope you keep on keeping on. Where can I get one of them Nick Varner sticks? :rolleyes:

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
great work

great work

Greg whether it be to teach someone to use the Greenshot, or the wei table, or help in any way your right there. You brought us some interesting one pocket matches at the DCC with Shane, Frost, and Alex and now once again your taking the extra step to bring to us all some interesting pool between two great legends. I really appreciate all you do, and if we had more people like you this game would have a better chance to succeed.

Billy I.

Artie Bodendorfer

Verified Member
wincardona said:
Greg whether it be to teach someone to use the Greenshot, or the wei table, or help in any way your right there. You brought us some interesting one pocket matches at the DCC with Shane, Frost, and Alex and now once again your taking the extra step to bring to us all some interesting pool between two great legends. I really appreciate all you do, and if we had more people like you this game would have a better chance to succeed.

Billy I.

Greg reminds me off a minister Quite soft spoken,

And super nice.

And I never see him get excited.

I thik his great. And I no he loves loves the game.

And he was a super nice personality. And very sociable. He is definatly a asset to the game.

And they dont come no better.

And its great for people too express how they feel.

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
Awwwww.... shucks

Awwwww.... shucks

thanks guys for all the very kind compliments. It means a lot to me, to know that people do appreciate and recognize the work that a person does. We have a lot of those people on this site, that offer their time and experience, to benefit us all. It's what makes this site so special.

It can sometimes be a confusing proposition, when your love for pool drives you to constantly want to contribute to the game and the fans of the game, you can slave over creating a 30 min video for 6 or 7 hours straight, upload it and create a thread about it, then only get 2 or 3 responses to it. You wonder to yourself, geez... did anyone even watch it? Your hits on your video might indicate that hundreds of people visited your video, but no one comments on it. So, you're left with kind of a empty feeling. You don't know if anyone really did watch it, or if they did, was it only for a minute.... or if they did watch it, did it suck for them? Was it really cool for them? You just never know, and sometimes you feel like it was all for nothing.

Then that one person will post just a little comment, something that hits the nerve in you, that lets you know that it meant a lot for them to be able to see your creation, and then it gives you some satisfaction and some anknowledgement that it was all worthwhile.

Your guys's comments did that for me on this project.:)

Thanks,

No, really, thanks

Greg

Just for that.... I'll give you Day 2.:D

I have another video for all of you, this morning! Thanks to all of you that responded in my other thread, your positive comments are very uplifting! I am a pool fan, like everyone else here, and I love to watch DVD's, streams, watching pool live played by the best in the world and reading pool forums, so this opportunity presented myself with a chance to do something different and add a different dimension to what we normally have available to us.

[ame="http://vimeo.com/21837113"]Day 2 Video Link[/ame]

Some pics I took Link

Sorry about Day 1 not being as clear as I liked... I hit the wrong encoding button and it wasn't in HD, like it was supposed to be.

Day 2 started around 2:00, when they brought in the table and set it up. Earl and Johnny arrived and started hitting a few balls on the table. They did not believe it was playing as "hard" as they had expected it to. Talk about the shelf, the material and not being as "springy" as it should.

I got a interview with Nils, the room owner. The majority of this video (about 30 mins), is the Players meeting with the players and the ref, to go over the rules. I included this in it's entirety, because it was a interesting view into 2 professional players that have been playing for several decades, and what rules they needed to agree upon. Whoever would that thunk there were so many rules?:D

They have a top level ref in this match, Bill Stock from CSI. (actually I just found this link, where Bill answers 154 questions about rules in pool) They went over every possible scenario and agreed on what rule would be applied.

This video weighs in at 46 mins. I hope you enjoy the behind the scenes look into a big event. I know I do, and judging by the positive responses from you guy/gals, I'm not the only one.

Here are a few things I took note of, over the past few days.

1. These things take a lot of planning. You can think you've thought of everything and you'll find out you haven't. You can't rely on anything, you need to be able to roll with the punches thrown at you, and adapt and find a solution. These are not for the weak of heart, you need to be able to deal with a LOT of stress. You need to have the mindset, that a problem is just a opportunity for you to find a solution. So for all of you in the pool world that organize events, my hat's off to you.

2. Earl really does have 2 different personalities. One is the off the table Earl, who's as kind and respectful as can be, and the on the table Earl, who is a fiery competitor and a perfectionist, so much so that he goes over the top sometimes.

3. There a lot of passionate pool fans out there, that are willing to put forth money, time and their service for hardly nothing, just to help our game out. These people hardly ever get noticed for what they do, but if not for them, it would be difficult to make a lot of these events happen.

Get the PPV for both days at http://www.tvmike.tv/

Or stop by Drifters Pool Room in Lincoln, NE

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
CaliRed said:
It can sometimes be a confusing proposition, when your love for pool drives you to constantly want to contribute to the game and the fans of the game, you can slave over creating a 30 min video for 6 or 7 hours straight, upload it and create a thread about it, then only get 2 or 3 responses to it. You wonder to yourself, geez... did anyone even watch it? Your hits on your video might indicate that hundreds of people visited your video, but no one comments on it.
You're right, Greg. I can see how it is a thankless task, and pretty frustrating.

Because today there are so many videos and clips present on the websites, along with YouTube, Face Book and others, I think most of us pretty much take for granted their availability. Most of us never consider how much work many of these clips took to bring them to us.

We're fortunate to have a guys like you and Lenny on the site who are interested enough in the subject to spend the time it takes to make available these interesting videos and streaming.

Doc

newfosgatesucks

Verified Member
There are many who viewed, however like Doc, I feel everything else pulls away from it. I found the day 1 to be interesting.

Greg, do you think you might give a score update here? Some of us are unable to watch due to either work or weekend schedule. I know it isn't one-pocket oriented other than Earl being a current one-hole champ(????WTF????):confused: :confused: :confused:

Or maybe some of those watching might log in here and update?

I almost feel shamed by thanking a thank-less task with a reply for another thank-less task.

Last edited:

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
compelling

compelling

i had planned to watch only a couple of minutes of the day 2 video but found myself entranced, not sure why. but there i was -- hooked into watching the entire saga.

it's really fascinating to see the players unscripted ... so different from the canned interviews.

good work!

art appreciation is my life,

sunny

Maxwell

Verified Member
Thanks

Thanks

Greg, once again you have greatly enhanced my day. Very nice work. I was glad to see the mention of my friend Bill Stock, a really nice guy and a pretty good player himself. Thanks, Max

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Alice B. Tolklas

Alice B. Tolklas

Thanks for the good work Greg.Enhancement is the word alright,cheers,B

Matt_24

Verified Member
Thank you for this wonderful "behind the scenes" action! I thoroughly enjoyed it!! Keep up the fantastic work, sir!