Where To Stay At The Seniors In Houston

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I have been getting some late requests on where to stay in Houston for the Seniors One Pocket in October.

There are two Rodeway Inns. One on 1960 east about 1 mile from Bogies. This one is probably full. The other Rodeway is about 5 miles away on 1960 west and may have rooms available.

Any other information players can post on here about where they are staying near the room would help.

Thank, JOHN

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
I try to always stay at Rodeway Inn, about 1/2 mi. away. There is a Super 8 nearly right across street . Never have been there. Several places about 4 miles away on I-45.

See you in about 5 weeks, John.:)

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH
I have been getting some late requests on where to stay in Houston for the Seniors One Pocket in October.

There are two Rodeway Inns. One on 1960 east about 1 mile from Bogies. This one is probably full. The other Rodeway is about 5 miles away on 1960 west and may have rooms available.

Any other information players can post on here about where they are staying near the room would help.

Thank, JOHN

Hi John,

I am staying at the Houston Hilton North ($90.00 per night plus tax) located at 12400 Greensport Dr 8.6 miles to bogies, approximately 25 miles from the Houston hobby airport,

I will be renting a car for all 4 days.

John

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
As Robert said, there are several name brand motels 2 miles away west of Bogies, near the I-45. All the ones west of Bogies are approx. $60. I used to stay at Rodeway, but it bugged me they don't even have night stand lamps...:rolleyes:

Naturally all the hotels around the airport are more expensive.

~Doc

baby huey

Verified Member
To echo what John said earlier, I just made my reservation at the Rodeway Inn close to Bogies. I spoke with the manager and it appears that they know about our tournament and there maybe some rooms left to book. I wouldn't wait too long though.

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
I am in! Diane is away on a girls trip and I started thinking about the seniors event and got excited. Wait til Di hears about it. :eek::eek::D:lol

Anyway, I booked a room at the "Quality Suites North" located at 150 Overland Trail (about 4 miles away I'm told). Because I'm flying in Wed and leaving Mon I qualified for their weekly rate of $52/night plus tax for the 5 nights, it's otherwise around $65/night...and it's non-smoking. I have not booked a car yet but plan to unless others are staying there and we can split the rental costs or something.

I'm so looking forward to seeing some "old" friends and meeting new ones. And of course, playing a little one pocket.

Dave