My DCC Report

chicagomike

Verified Member
First off I want to thank all for their support in choosing me to represent the site this year....it was an absolute pleasure and highlight of my one pocket existence. Things started off with a tough draw in the banks as I lost 3-2 to Sky Woodward. I felt like I had a shot at him since I was the first to 2 games winner, but a bobbled cross side in the final game gave him a chance to run 4 and out on me and win the set. Next match was common guy who I beat which led me to Francisco Bustamonte who beat me with ease. That was a wrap for the banks.

In the one pocket my first match was Joshua Filler who I lost to 3-2. I then played a good player from Alabama David Rowell”Birmingham Bomber” who I beat and led me to play Thorsten Homan. I lost to Thorsten although I beat him to the shot I got tangled up in my run out patterns and it cost me.

I played Mitch a set for dinner which I lost, but was able to pay him back with a win against him in the 1st round of the OnePocket mini tournament in which I placed 4th. I faired our pretty well in the action room winning enough to cover the trip expenses. Couple hundred here and there along with the $400 from placing in the mini.

The one pocket HOF dinner was awesome. It was great to see Scott get there and the stories that are told and the good times that are shared always make it a great event.

It was fantastic seeing all our members and I enjoyed sweating their matches. Congrats to Hardmix as I believe he was our last man standing in the 9th round...if I am mistaken please let me know.

A side note from my wife is that she thinks it would be cool to somehow have 1pocket.org visible on the back side or sleeve of the shirt since she views that as unused advertising space for our site. BTW the shirt was awesome and held up well after wearing it 3 days straight!!!

I’m looking forward to Memphis where I am hoping to see many of you there. I may make it a road trip with my younger brother to introduce him to some good times and good people and a little bit of my world.

Again thanks all for the sponsorship and the support,
-Chicagomike

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
First off I want to thank all for their support in choosing me to represent the site this year....it was an absolute pleasure and highlight of my one pocket existence. Things started off with a tough draw in the banks as I lost 3-2 to Sky Woodward. I felt like I had a shot at him since I was the first to 2 games winner, but a bobbled cross side in the final game gave him a chance to run 4 and out on me and win the set. Next match was common guy who I beat which led me to Francisco Bustamonte who beat me with ease. That was a wrap for the banks.

In the one pocket my first match was Joshua Filler who I lost to 3-2. I then played a good player from Alabama David Rowell”Birmingham Bomber” who I beat and led me to play Thorsten Homan. I lost to Thorsten although I beat him to the shot I got tangled up in my run out patterns and it cost me.

I played Mitch a set for dinner which I lost, but was able to pay him back with a win against him in the 1st round of the OnePocket mini tournament in which I placed 4th. I faired our pretty well in the action room winning enough to cover the trip expenses. Couple hundred here and there along with the $400 from placing in the mini.

The one pocket HOF dinner was awesome. It was great to see Scott get there and the stories that are told and the good times that are shared always make it a great event.

It was fantastic seeing all our members and I enjoyed sweating their matches. Congrats to Hardmix as I believe he was our last man standing in the 9th round...if I am mistaken please let me know.

A side note from my wife is that she thinks it would be cool to somehow have 1pocket.org visible on the back side or sleeve of the shirt since she views that as unused advertising space for our site. BTW the shirt was awesome and held up well after wearing it 3 days straight!!!

I’m looking forward to Memphis where I am hoping to see many of you there. I may make it a road trip with my younger brother to introduce him to some good times and good people and a little bit of my world.

Again thanks all for the sponsorship and the support,
-Chicagomike

thanks for the report mike
brutal draws
nice to leave overall winner....:)

Mkbtank

Verified Member
From
Philly Pa
My DCC Report

Great playing Mike, and great to see you as always. You didn’t mention how you beat me in that Hill-Hill game in the mini. With me pocketing the set ball and then scratching. Uggghh. Hahah. Almost. You are a very strong player, buddy.

Hardmix

Verified Member
From
Cumming Ga
Mike good playing against a tough draw in both banks and 1P. I wish I could have sweated yours and Mitch’s mini match. I heard it was entertaining from both sides.

youngstown

Verified Member
My DCC Report

Great playing Mike, and great to see you as always. You didn’t mention how you beat me in that Hill-Hill game in the mini. With me pocketing the set ball and then scratching. Uggghh. Hahah. Almost. You are a very strong player, buddy.

He didn’t mention how much weight he gave you either 🤫🤣

Last edited:

12squared

Verified Member
From
Fort Collins, CO
You never disappoint in your class and play. Nice write up and tourney, Mike, you played some very high level guys w/o much rest inbetween.

Until next time...

Dave