More Action At California Billiards

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Well, I finally booked me a winner, 6/5 over Hugo from San Francisco, who beat me a couple weeks ago when we played. Took around 8 hours and I was lucky to get there and had to come from behind, but I probably played my best game of the set hill/hill. He is a great guy to play. Very animated like myself and you can pretty much bet what you want. At least an old guy like me can.

My friends from Hard Times in Sacramento drove down for moral support, and it was karaoke night, which had the room jumping.

Sylver Ochoa was playing Gus from Arizona on the table next to me and another action game (one pocket) was going on a couple tables down. Ronnie Allen was there and playing in a ring golf game on the 6 x 12 earlier.

This room (California Billiard Club) encourages action and is a great place to play. No table time if you are playing for $50 a game or more, and great equipment and good food. If you come to Northern, Ca you have to check it out. If you are not a champion, you can play me or some others who will match up.

My home room is still Hard Times in Sacramento, but I try and get down here as often as I can. I always get played and that makes it worth the drive.

thebaby

Verified Member
your family is at hardtimes in sacramento

your family is at hardtimes in sacramento

:) back home ,were all very excited you won john,maybe you'll try to bump heads with the baby soon.he was getting very nervous when he heard you were leaving town,you know those ss checks only go so far.................Wait a minute i just remembered there fresh dough on it's way very soon.

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
thebaby said:
:) back home ,were all very excited you won john,maybe you'll try to bump heads with the baby soon.he was getting very nervous when he heard you were leaving town,you know those ss checks only go so far.................Wait a minute i just remembered there fresh dough on it's way very soon.

I am going river rafting/camping tomorrow.

Next week you will get your shot at the S/S check.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
thebaby said:

I hope the Baby hasn't forgotten...SJD will be up there in a few weeks, with his entire 401K at risk...Of course, the game has to be right..:p ...The competition will be fierce, to see who gets to play the "legend" first...So get your offer in early...:cool:

PS..opening bid..I need 10/6 and the break, from anyone near your speed. It will be too late for even that game, after the Ghost pounds me into submission, at the DCC..so don't stall too long...:eek:

Last edited:

thebaby

Verified Member
leave it home

leave it home

Dick we in northern california don't believe in NUTHUNTERS,so with that being said may i suggest you leave your cue stick at home.by the way bring a cushion to sit on,after many hours on the rail can be very unconfortable.John mention i might have to offer you a ball,but after your last post it saddens me to see what you have become.....the baby

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
thebaby said:
Dick we in northern california don't believe in NUTHUNTERS,so with that being said may i suggest you leave your cue stick at home.by the way bring a cushion to sit on,after many hours on the rail can be very unconfortable.John mention i might have to offer you a ball,but after your last post it saddens me to see what you have become.....the baby

You think it saddens YOU...The only thing I have "become"...is helpless. All I ask is a chance, as I do still like to try and play.

Do you really think I like asking for weight from shortstops ??? heh,heh. :p :p :p

PS..No one adjusts any quicker than me, if the game is out of line.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Edited Because Of Reports I Am Knocking Action. You Guys Can Proceed To Keep Stealing Instead Of Matching Up Fairly.

Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Gotta make it even to win sumpin'....

Gotta make it even to win sumpin'....

Fast Lenny said:
See Baby...I'm not as far out of line as you think I am...8-10 years ago, I was giving those guys 9/7..That creep "Father Time" changes everything, as you will find out someday. (i hope)... I don't need the nuts to play, but I also will not give it away. Next time you see Gus, just ask him how he has played me..:eek:

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
cabilliardclub said:
Lenny:
Gus started with 9-7 and ended with 9-7/10-7. I have to say that Gus was not his normal self. He ended up down nine games. Silver called and said he would match up again on Sat.

Gus plays real good - amazing that Sylver could give him that much weight and still win.

- Ghost

mosconiac

Verified Member
I'll be in the Huntington Beach area from Sept 27th to Sept 29th. My nights will be open, so where should I go to see some of this action? I don't know anything about where each of these poolhalls are.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
Hwy101-hwy5

Hwy101-hwy5

Welcome to sunny So Cal.Its about 7-8 hours from LA-SF depending on how fast you drive so about 400 miles.Sacramento is further so Im not sure of your plans and these are rough figures for a smooth drive so lets see what we can do to put you in place,cheers,Bob

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
101-5 part2

101-5 part2

If you dont have time to travel up N,check out Yankee Doodles on Ocean Blvd.Steve said a few months ago its their.Head N about 20 min on the 101 and look for Belmont Shores I believe....

mosconiac

Verified Member
usblues said:
Welcome to sunny So Cal.Its about 7-8 hours from LA-SF depending on how fast you drive so about 400 miles.Sacramento is further so Im not sure of your plans and these are rough figures for a smooth drive so lets see what we can do to put you in place,cheers,Bob
Crud, that's a long drive since I'll only have 5-11pm free. Oh well, I knew I should have taken some vacation time at the conclusion of this convention to check out the great poolhalls of Cali.
usblues said:
If you dont have time to travel up N,check out Yankee Doodles on Ocean Blvd.Steve said a few months ago its their.Head N about 20 min on the 101 and look for Belmont Shores I believe....
Thanks for the tip.

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
hwy101-5 part3

hwy101-5 part3

I hear ya,hey,call 562-439-9777 when they open.At least its a start and its 20 min away in Long Beach,good luck,B

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.
SJDinPHX said:
See Baby...I'm not as far out of line as you think I am...8-10 years ago, I was giving those guys 9/7..That creep "Father Time" changes everything, as you will find out someday. (i hope)... I don't need the nuts to play, but I also will not give it away. Next time you see Gus, just ask him how he has played me..:eek:
How did you and Gus play? I'm curious because :eek: :eek: well i'm just curious.

Billy I.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
mosconiac said:
I'll be in the Huntington Beach area from Sept 27th to Sept 29th. My nights will be open, so where should I go to see some of this action? I don't know anything about where each of these poolhalls are.

mosconiac......No offense to Bob, but there are no players/action at Yankee Doodles.........however, you won't be far from two great pool rooms for action...

The famous Hard Times, which is about 12 miles north of Huntington Beach........and about 22 miles north of you in Santa Monica, is House of Billiards...

Info of note re. House of Billiards...there's One Pocket action there every day, but unlike most poolrooms, the One Pocket action happens earlier - usually between 3:00 p.m. - 9:00 p.m.

- Ghost

Last edited:

usblues

Verified Member
From
St Paul,Mn
excellent

excellent

Thanks Ghost for the excellent tips.Mine was out-dated,practically pathetic but I figured it would lead into the main vein of LA which few know so I wanted to start somewhere.It was pretty candy-assed in the 80's also but at least GOld Crowns and girls are a nudge in the right direction,keep on keepin on,B

t-dog

Verified Member
mosconiac said:
Crud, that's a long drive since I'll only have 5-11pm free. Oh well, I knew I should have taken some vacation time at the conclusion of this convention to check out the great poolhalls of Cali.

Thanks for the tip.

Or..... you could just wait until you get back home and I will drive over and play some for 30 a game for as long as you would like.

SJDinPHX

Suspended
wincardona said:
How did you and Gus play? I'm curious because :eek: well i'm just curious.

Billy I.

Short pre-amble Bill...
About 5 yrs. ago. (when Gus was just starting to become a bit of a force locally)...I put RA in the box with him, with RA getting 9/6, race to 5 for 1K...RA bar-b-qued him 2 quick sets.
A few days later, Scott gave RA 10/5, for 2k, 4 ahead. RA lasted 12 hrs. before he folded. (fresh stake money, as RA's end from beating Gus, had obviously vanished..:rolleyes:)

At that time, I could not get the same game from either Gus or Scott...Now (as you have seen) Scott has no trouble giving me 10/4, and Gus would love to play me 9/6..but we had some hard words the last time we played (9/6) a year or so ago...and he and I do not communicate at all any more...breaks my f-ing heart... However, (should he happen to see this) were he to offer 9/5, I would cordially accept his apology for quitting me, after winning the first short race, last session we had..To say I was pissed would be a mild understatment...
(I know, I know...Don't get mad, get even...yada, yada ,yada)

Bottom line is...I now donate my $$$, to guys (getting 9/7) who would not play Gus getting 9/7 from him...You do the math...:eek: (I hate it)

The Helpless Duck

PS..This coming DCC may be my last rodeo,...then I'll be joining the crew at the senoir center, playing for coffee and donuts. (probably 6 ahead..:p)

Last edited: