I managed to lose this game yesterday

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
What would you've done.:confused: Obviously I could use some advice. :)
I need one and was left like this. I'm pocket A It's my shot B is the CB.
Rod.

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@1BVcp4EWaq4Qcpp3RYnn@%5b/HTM@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
androd said:
What would you've done.:confused: Obviously I could use some advice. :)
I need one and was left like this. I'm pocket A It's my shot B is the CB.
Rod.
I would probably try to roll the 2 in gently and leave the rock near the headrail. If I miss pocketing the 2 it's still a good shot.

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@1BVcp4EWaq4Qcpp3RYnn1VVcp1Vcxs3mYnn1mTwb1mUvh@[/CUETABLE]

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
The WEI isn't acting correctly today, sometimes Rods shot and mine are shown and sometimes they aren't. When they aren't this is what you see:

I managed to lose this game yesterday - OnePocket.jpg

Anyway, here's my reply so you can see it. This is not a WEI table so don't try to "edit" it.

I managed to lose this game yesterday - OnePocket 2.jpg

Dennis

SJDinPHX

Suspended
I like kicking at the deuce, off the end rail...I would be very comfortable I could head it towards my pocket with good speed...But then I like to kick, a lot of people (like scaredy-cat Cowboy's) wouldn't even consider it...;)
I'm not afraid of bring both balls down there, in that spot.

Last edited:

Billy Jackets

Verified Member
I would have shot the 2 a little past center ball to miss the kiss and should have a good chance to make the 5 or the 2.
Pocket speed no side English.

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
I like kicking behind the 2 as Dick said and but not very hard, try and double my opponent up on the 5, if he elects to take a tough back cut on the 2 then go for it, probably a low percentage shot especially with the pressure of the 5 hanging.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
I don't know why you guys want to give your opponent a chance to win the game on his next shot - when you don't have to..:rolleyes:..I'm not kicking at the 2 because shooting off the rail from 8 feet away you could easily kick it just a little bit bad and give him a chance to cut the 2 in, while also playing 2-rail zig-zag shape to get on the cross-corner bank on the 5, and now you just lost the game...

And I'm not shooting the 2 in either, and daring him to slow-roll the spotted 2 in, and then banking the 5 to win the game...

When good players are given these kind of opportunities, they will very often rise to the occasion and make you pay...

What I would do here is softly cut the 2 ball to the left as my wei diagram shows...now I've positioned the 2 where it banks into my pocket, and he has a big problem trying to remove the 5ball without leaving me a winning straight back bank on the 5.

- Ghost

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@1BUeo4EXPp3PYOn1VUeo1VUfo1VTpW3kYOn1kVcg1kcPp1kaTt@[/CUETABLE]

Last edited:

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
One Pocket Ghost said:
I don't know why you guys want to give your opponent a chance to win the game on his next shot - when you don't have to..:rolleyes:..I'm not kicking at the 2 because shooting off the rail from 8 feet away you could easily kick it just a little bit bad and give him a chance to cut the 2 in, while also playing 2-rail zig-zag shape to get on the cross-corner bank on the 5, and now you just lost the game...

And I'm not shooting the 2 in either, and daring him to slow-roll the spotted 2 in, and then banking the 5 to win the game...

When good players are given these kind of opportunities, they will very often rise to the occasion and make you pay...

What I would do here is softly cut the 2 ball to the left as my wei diagram shows...now I've positioned the 2 where it banks into my pocket, and he has a big problem trying to remove the 5ball without leaving me a winning straight back bank on the 5.

- Ghost

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@1BVcp4EWaq4Qcpp3RYnn1VVcp1VVMn1VUnc3mYnn1mWBk1mcHr@%255b/HTM@[/CUETABLE]

I agree 100%

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@1BVcp4EWaq4Qcpp3RYnn1VVcp1VVMn1VUnc3mYnn1mWBk1mcHr@%255b/HTM@[/CUETABLE]
ghost hope you are feling better:)
like your shot

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost

[CUETABLE]http://pool.bz/P/?@1BUeo4EXPp3PYOn1VUeo1VUfo1VTpW3kYOn1kVcg1kcPp1kaTt@[/CUETABLE]

All this preaching from a guy who shoots "two rail, reverse english" kicks...:p :p :p

View attachment 4043

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
You're right Ghosty, that is absolutely the right shot - thanks for posting it!...I slept it when I first looked at the layout...:eek:
SJD

Always glad to help you out Papie..:)

Your pal, Ghosty

Fast Lenny

Verified Member
From
Arizona & OCNY
Not a bad shot Ghost, I would not feel that threatened though in that position, I probably could double bank the 5 by the side pocket from where you left the rock and not leave a good bank or bad angle for the deuce bank. I would be interested to hear from some of the other top guns out there as in Artie, Billy, its too bad we do not have some of the pro players currently playing to get their input. Atleast we have the best bank pool player in the world on here, WWJBD? :)

SJDinPHX

Suspended
Fast Lenny said:
Not a bad shot Ghost, I would not feel that threatened though in that position, I probably could double bank the 5 by the side pocket from where you left the rock and not leave a good bank or bad angle for the deuce bank. I would be interested to hear from some of the other top guns out there as in Artie, Billy, its too bad we do not have some of the pro players currently playing to get their input. Atleast we have the best bank pool player in the world on here, WWJBD?

Don't let the Ghost sway your young mind Lenny...You probably didn't notice, he cleverly reworded my entire response to suit him...:(

At present, I am watching him "jump" three feet off the floor, every time he shoots..:p (The Henderson,Bernie,Ghost match) courtesy of Calired, who had to issue a disclaimer...."This is only a 50 minute segment, I'm sure it is not indicative of how they played [sic] the entire match", he said...
Ghosty only scratched twice the first game, trying his clever "slow roll" safety..:eek:

Oh, and kudos to our Bernie, for not throwing in the towel, after seeing what a load he had to carry...Cruel twist of fate, I was not able to relieve him of his $$$$ that year...Woulda been like taking candy from this guy..:p :p :p

View attachment 4044

Last edited:

KindlyOleUncleDave

Verified Member
Just a comment

Just a comment

HERE TO THE FOLKS WHO CURRENTLY DO THE WEI TABLE .....

Is it really needed to make us sign-in to even see what other folk are trying to demonstrate? I get blank tables unless I click on one ...then up pops the log in screen.

Or am I being stoopit ..... again.

Ghost ... good to see you back

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
Don't let the Ghost sway your young mind Lenny...

At present, I am watching him "jump" three feet off the floor, every time he shoots..:p Ghosty only scratched twice the first game, trying his clever "slow roll" safety..

...Cruel twist of fate, I was not able to relieve him of his $$$$ that year...Woulda been like taking candy from this guy..:p

You know what Papie?...I'd be more than happy to do some "3 foot jumping" in person for you..:)...you know they have airplanes that fly from Chicago to Phoenix,,, so my out of stroke, operation recoverin', 3 foot jumpin', tremblin' self could be on a plane right-quick if you'd still like to relieve me of a couple 'tousand' of my $$$...:)...

So just say the word, and you'll be shakin' so bad you won't be able to hit the end rail after you look out the window of your 'double-wide' out there in the desert and see this sight...:eek: :cool: >>>

- Ghro$ty

Attachments

• ghost.jpg
    ghost.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:

SJDinPHX

Suspended
One Pocket Ghost said:
You know what Papie?...I'd be more than happy to do some "3 foot jumping" in person for you.....you know they have airplanes that fly from Chicago to Phoenix,,, so my out of stroke, operation recoverin', 3 foot jumpin', tremblin' self could be on a plane right-quick if you'd still like to relieve me of a couple 'tousand' of my $$$......

So just say the word, and you'll be shakin' so bad you won't be able to hit the end rail after you look out the window of your 'double-wide' out there in the desert and see this sight...:eek: :cool: >>>

- Ghro$ty

Sorry to disappoint you old pal, but I had to give up playing completely about 6-8 months ago..After watching your, ahem, "exhibition",... I am pretty sure you would have been in need of a miracle, to have beat me at our proposed match..Even though I was playing about 3-4 balls below my 70 year old speed, at DCC time last January.. Sorry, I didn't mean to strike a nerve, and get you all excited, but I can no longer remain upright long enough for two games, and cannot make a ball in the ocean any more...Sorry I couldn't make it...It would have been fun. (for one of us)...:p

PS..I Goddamn sure don't like it, but thats the way it is...If you need verification, you can ask Lenny, Tres, Ronn, or Bernie..:(
...I have called in the dog's, and told them the hunt is over. The best bet you can get out of me now, is an over/under I make 80..:)

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
SJDinPHX said:
.....Sorry, I didn't mean to strike a nerve

You didn't strike a nerve..:rolleyes:..jeez, don't you know when somebody is joking around..:rolleyes:...I've had that ghost in the desert pic for about a year and had to find a way to finally use it...:)

- Ghosty

Cowboy Dennis

Verified Member
From
Detroit,Michigan
One Pocket Ghost said:

- Ghost
I'll roll that 2 in and leave it at least until he hurts me three or maybe four times. I never change my strategy because some so-called good player made a stupid shot on someone elses cash and beat me. He's got to repeat it several times before I stop leaving it.

Dennis

CaliRed

Verified Member
From
Heart of the Midwest
I might try something like this... leave him froze and straight in on my 5, regardless, it leaves the 2 bankable for me.

But I would be pissing and moaning that I got tittie hooked:D

[cuetable]http://pool.bz/P/?@1BVcp4EWaq4Qcpp3RYnn1VVcp1VbjH1VTph3mYnn1mTwi1mNtk@%255b/HTM@[/cuetable]

lll

Verified Member
From
vero beach fl
SJDinPHX said:
. The best bet you can get out of me now, is an over/under I make 80..:)
sjd if things are so bleak
maybe you shouldnt bet on anything farther out than
monday night football:eek:
just sayin:D :)