robo-rack

desi2960

please don't laugh or point fingers, i did this for me, just thought i would share.

the rack, has turnbuckle adjustments, and can be adjusted to fit almost any table. and if you get the center mark on the diamond on your table its just about fool proof. i spent couple hrs adjusting it and measuring racks i racked and measured about 25 racks and can constantly get the rack within 1 mm.

there are couple drawbacks, to begin with i spent 175.00 building this one and it weights 5 lbs. i am afraid it it were ever dropped on the table it would cut the cloth and might chip the slate.

now if i break like crap i cannot blame the BAD rack.

Attachments

• PC182244.JPG
    PC182244.JPG
    151.5 KB · Views: 0
  • PC182245.JPG
    PC182245.JPG
    238.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PC182248.JPG
    PC182248.JPG
    168.6 KB · Views: 0
  • PC182252.JPG
    PC182252.JPG
    323 KB · Views: 0
  • PC182256.JPG
    PC182256.JPG
    139.2 KB · Views: 0

desi2960

its a pain in the ass to use

its a pain in the ass to use

BUT it is VERY accurate

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
Desi, I hesitate to say anything because the last thing a budding inventor needs is discouragement. NEVER let nay-sayers discourage you. Having said that ALWAYS keep your mind open for useful ideas and honest feedback from those who have used or would use your product. Here is mine: Looks heavy and hard to store out of the way easily. Looks heavy but doesn't have to be if made with the right materials. The only way it will stay accurate is to take away the adjustability. This could be your undoing if the only way it BECOMES accurate it by adjusting it. You could make this cheaply by 3-D printing it. That's all I got.

Last edited:

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I would talk to Dudley... Simon owns a machine shop, probably could help with a couple of your questions.

B

Desi2960 is a cue maker and puts out a very nice cue at a fair price. He uses a treated wooden pin in the shaft and they hit lights out. I have played with a couple of his cues and they are worth checking out.

He probably has machines do do the work but I agree that Simon could help.

desi2960

thanks to all

thanks to all

for the comments and suggestions, i think if i ever try again i might make it using wood, instead of the metal.

i did this for ME, i just wanted to build the most accurate rack i could.
as it is, it works great, and the pain in the ass using it to me is justified for the accuracy.

not trying to reinvent the wheel, just having fun