Spot or money odds situation

Reverend Dave

From
Winnabow, NC
If you could give a player 11-7, how would you feel about giving them either 2 to1 on the money or 2 games in a race to 4 playing even? Just looking for some input from the greatest one pocket knowledge base around.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
If you could give a player 11-7, how would you feel about giving them either 2 to1 on the money or 2 games in a race to 4 playing even? Just looking for some input from the greatest one pocket knowledge base around.

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Dave....coincidentally, I asked Billy I. and Artie almost this exact same thing last month - here's the thread ----->

http://www.onepocket.org/forum/showthread.php?t=9626

- Ghost

wincardona

Verified Member
From
Dallas Tx.

........... If you're truly a 2/1 favorite by the game then you would win at a rate of two games to one game. After six games it would be 4-2.
After nine games the score would be 6-3.
After 12 games the score would be 8-4.
So laying someone 2/1 on the money would basically be the same as giving them two games in a race to four.
However, personally, I would rather lay 2/1 by the game as opposed to spotting them two games in a race to four. I say this because I believe that there's more pressure on the better player when he is giving up two games in a race to four.

The real question, and the hardest to figure out would be ..what is the true money line by the game for a player playing another player even that he is an 11/7 favorite over in a ball spot.:confused: Again, I would rather take 2/1 on the money than the 11/7 spot. I think that someone laying 2/1 on the money is under quite a bit of pressure and will break down quicker than if he was giving up balls with a ball spot prop. But that's just me.:D

Dr. Bill

Last edited:

stevelomako

Verified Member
From
Detroit, MI

Thanks in advance,
Dave

You don't want to tell them that Danny Smith gave you 2 games going to 4 playing even on that piece of junk at the Blue Diamond and you robbed him.

Ah hahaha.

He can't win giving you 11-7 either.

The best chance he has is giving you 2-1 on the money so don't do that Dave, I don't think you can outrun it.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL

Thanks in advance,
Dave

Dave, If you're the guy I think you are, I miss you, Buddy.

petie

Verified Member
From
Citrus Springs, FL
I have a guy that I play 11/7 and rob him but I haven't considered 2 to 1 on the money or 4 to2 in games. I did spot him 11/7 and play him 2 and safe the other day and robbed him again. I think the spot is robbing him of his heart. I can't beat him giving him 9/6. What do you think of that?

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
I have a guy that I play 11/7 and rob him but I haven't considered 2 to 1 on the money or 4 to2 in games. I did spot him 11/7 and play him 2 and safe the other day and robbed him again. I think the spot is robbing him of his heart. I can't beat him giving him 9/6. What do you think of that?

Sounds right ! :):p:D
Rod.