Thank You

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Too many people to thank individually, but thanks to all who helped put this wonderful tournament together, played in it, sweated it or had anything at all to do with the First Super Seniors One Pocket Classic. Winning the tournament was a great experience for me, but it was bittersweet because my good friend and road partner Bill Meyers, spent five of the six days ill and in and out of the hospital.

I got to see old friends, make new ones and spend several days among a great group of people. There were Hall of Fame Players, legendary cuemakers, Richard Black, Leonard Bludworth and Bill Schick, and plenty of time to visit and BS with all of them. Thanks to Keone and Corey for adding $$ to the pot.

I was confident coming into the tournament I would do well, not necessarily win it, but play some good one pocket and make my presence felt. I had a six hour session the day before the tournament with Robert Newkirk, a very good player from Texas. I played in a local little 9 ball tournament at Hard Times the Sunday before I left and came in 2nd to Amar Kang, one of the better rotation players in California. I started walking/jogging several weeks ago to build up my stamina. I did what you have to do to win a tournament, play well at the right time and also get a little lucky.

I think my best match was against Dr. Bill. I caught him a little off his game and played very well against him. The finals match against James Christopher looked like I was going to get steamrolled. While winning the hot seat is an advantage because they have to beat you twice, after you win the hot seat match you have to sit for a couple hours or so waiting for the other matches to play out and you come in cold when your opponent is ready to roll. James Christopher won the first three games going to four. I did warm up and win the next two games before he won the set. I felt like my game was back and I would be much tougher in the final race to three.

I won the first two games and then we both had a mental lapse. I played a safety forgetting I had a ball coming on the spot and left James an easy straight in for his 7th ball. James made the shot and raked the balls thinking he had eight balls and conceded the victory to me. I did not like winning like that but there was nothing we could do. He is a great player and gentleman.

Thanks again to Bogies. John Henderson, 2015 Super Seniors One Pocket Classic Champion.

Has a nice ring to it doesn’t it.:D

Last edited:

Scrzbill

Verified Member
From
Eagles Rest, Wa
"Gentleman John" Super Seniors One Pocket Champion.
I knew you were going to do it.
You came focused and confident.
Thats two balls over anyone else

LSJohn

Verified Member
From
monett missouri
Too many people to thank individually, but thanks to all who helped put this wonderful tournament together, played in it, sweated it or had anything at all to do with the First Super Seniors One Pocket Classic. Winning the tournament was a great experience for me, but it was bittersweet because my good friend and road partner Bill Meyers, spent five of the six days ill and in and out of the hospital.

I got to see old friends, make new ones and spend several days among a great group of people. There were Hall of Fame Players, legendary cuemakers, Richard Black and Leonard Bludworth, and plenty of time to visit and BS with all of them. Thanks to Keone and Corey for adding $$ to the pot.

I was confident coming into the tournament I would do well, not necessarily win it, but play some good one pocket and make my presence felt. I had a six hour session the day before the tournament with Robert Newkirk, a very good player from Texas. I played in a local little 9 ball tournament at Hard Times the Sunday before I left and came in 2nd to Amar Kang, one of the better rotation players in California. I started walking/jogging several weeks ago to build up my stamina. I did what you have to do to win a tournament, play well at the right time and also get a little lucky.

I think my best match was against Dr. Bill. I caught him a little off his game and played very well against him. The finals match against James Christopher looked like I was going to get steamrolled. While winning the hot seat is an advantage because they have to beat you twice, after you win the hot seat match you have to sit for a couple hours or so waiting for the other matches to play out and you come in cold when your opponent is ready to roll. James Christopher won the first three games going to four. I did warm up and win the next two games before he won the set. I felt like my game was back and I would be much tougher in the final race to three.

I won the first two games and then we both had a mental lapse. I played a safety forgetting I had a ball coming on the spot and left James an easy straight in for his 7th ball. James made the shot and raked the balls thinking he had eight balls and conceded the victory to me. I did not like winning like that but there was nothing we could do. He is a great player and gentleman.

Thanks again to Bogies. John Henderson, 2015 Super Seniors One Pocket Classic Champion.

Once you beat Dr. Bill to fine me $200 to SJDuck for underestimating your game, I was on your cheerleading team all the way. I find it amazing that you were able to play so well given your nightly nursing duties.

I could watch you and James Christopher play for a lot longer than either of you could stay on your feet.

Congratulations John. I'm very happy for you and glad your victory could take a little of the rough edge off of Bill's nightmare.

BTW, speaking of cue makers, Bill Schick was there too.

FastEddieF.

Verified Member

I got to see old friends, make new ones and spend several days among a great group of people. There were Hall of Fame Players, legendary cuemakers, Richard Black, Leonard Bludworth and Bill Schick, and plenty of time to visit and BS with all of them. Thanks to Keone and Corey for adding $$ to the pot.

Thanks for taking out 5 of us for dinner and not accepting any money towards the check. You're the CHAMP in many ways. Class always shows up at the end. Thanks again FastEddieF.

John Brumback

Verified Member
That is an awesome win right there !! Couldn't happen to a better person either!! Dude, good playin...and shootin :) John B.

Psst, I'm still using some of those bank shots you showed me at that dinner:D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
That is an awesome win right there !! Couldn't happen to a better person either!! Dude, good playin...and shootin :) John B.

Psst, I'm still using some of those bank shots you showed me at that dinner:D

Shoot John, I was trying to keep my bank game undercover and take off Chicago.:lol

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire

Nice!! Next year I want to be there to visit and take photos -- even if there is no 65 and over division :D

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Nice!! Next year I want to be there to visit and take photos -- even if there is no 65 and over division :D

Would love to see you there. I am sure your friend John Smith will be back. Great guy who really snuck up on us with his game. He runs the balls and banks as well as anybody in the tournament. His first match with James Christopher was a nail biter he finally won.

Mary Kenniston is sending me a bunch of pictures I will post when I get them.

keoneyo

Verified Member
Would love to see you there. I am sure your friend John Smith will be back. Great guy who really snuck up on us with his game. He runs the balls and banks as well as anybody in the tournament. His first match with James Christopher was a nail biter he finally won.

Man we got a lot of John's on this site. The name couldn't be represented by some great sportsman on this site. You, NH John, Brumback, etc. Im stoked. Maybe Brumback will tell you what John is in Hawaiian.
Keoneyo

androd

Verified Member
From
New Braunfels tx.
Man we got a lot of John's on this site. The name couldn't be represented by some great sportsman on this site. You, NH John, Brumback, etc. Im stoked. Maybe Brumback will tell you what John is in Hawaiian.
Keoneyo

John=Mohamed, most common name in the world.
P.S. What is it in Hawaiian ?
P.P.S I apologize for the hi-jack.

Last edited:

John Brumback

Verified Member
Keoneyo

Why that's an easy one.....Keoni or Keoneyo = another John!!!:eek::lol John

JohnInNH

Verified Member
From
GOFFSTOWN, NH

Hi John,

It was great meeting you, congratulations on winning the tournament.

You showed what you were made of when you took care of your friend when he needed a helping hand, hope everything is fine with both of you.

Sorry I never got to meet your friend.

Best wishes,

John

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi

One bank shot that I watched NHJohn accomplish over and over is where his object ball is quite near the opponent's side rail, midway up or so from the pocket, and his CB is on the same half of the table, say, in the kitchen.

He hits the bank with inside english, which feeds it across to his hole, and never threatens a kiss due to the CB coming away from the angle off the foot rail. I take it that he has a natural feel for the shot, because he never hit it badly. Seemed like he made more than half of them.

~Doc