U.S. Open One-pocket--Louisville

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
BackPocket9Ball said:
I've signed up to play, but it'll probably just be a donation to the prize fund.
Good for you, Bp9b! Be sure to introduce yourself at the event. Remember, with out those of us in the school of fish, there couldn't be any sharks!:D

Doc

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
BackPocket9Ball said:
I've signed up to play, but it'll probably just be a donation to the prize fund.

Hey Reza, Thanks for contributing some $$$ to the prize fund that I'm sure I'll be collecting from. ^_^

onepocket

Administrator
Staff member
US Open One Pocket

US Open One Pocket

I have had a request to make this thread 'sticky' to help get the word out about this event. The change in venue to the Executive West Hotel in Louisville hopefully will be a very good thing for the US Open One Pocket in the long term -- certainly it has room to grow there -- just look at the Derby City Classic!

Let's help give it a boost in their new location in Louisville!

I've also posted a brief notice on the OnePocket.org home page. There are links to the playbca website fior entry forms, and to the Executive West for reservations. The registration is different from the DCC protocol -- you pretty much need to sign up in advance, and both the One Pocket (starts Tuesday Aug 29) and their Banks events (starts Saturday Sept 2) are limited to the first 64 entries!

sliprock

Verified Member
From
ky
gulfportdoc said:
U.S. Open One-pocket, August 29-31, Louisville, KY at the Executive West Hotel (same place as DCC is held). 9-ball and ring games as well. Website: www.playbca.com
1P limited to 64, so sign up early! ~Doc

Does anyone know the format? Will it be single or double elimination?

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
sliprock said:
Does anyone know the format? Will it be single or double elimination?
I know it is a race to four, with the finals a race to five games. It has always been double elimination, so I would assume that. I'll give them a call later today -- or someone else can, 702-719-7665 -- to get confirmation on the elimination format.

Assuming double elimination, the $175 entry is the same as DCC when you buy back -- which is a good deal for a prestigious event.

The entry rate escalates after July 31 -- so sign up now and save if you are going!!!

The entry form is availabe from their website: http://www.playbca.com/US_Open_One_Pocket.pdf

yobagua

Any word on what pro's are entering? Would hate to travel all the way to KY if Shannon, Efren, Buddy, Parica, Joyner, etc wasnt there.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
yobagua said:
Any word on what pro's are entering? Would hate to travel all the way to KY if Shannon, Efren, Buddy, Parica, Joyner, etc wasnt there.
Yo, I'd be surprised if Buddy and Daulton didn't show up. They practically live in the neighborhood. Who knows where Joyner is these days...? He's set up shop at one time in just about every city in the country, except maybe Anchorage.:rolleyes:

You know you'll hate it if you don't go...

Doc

Cal

Verified Member
From
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
one-pocket Louisville

one-pocket Louisville

I hope the IPT scheduling doesnt interfer with this tournment ,and the participation of the top one pocket players (PRO,S) ,Efren, cliff, Ike, Walden ,Buddy Hall, Dalton & others

markgriffin

Verified Member
US Open One Pocket and IPT

US Open One Pocket and IPT

At the US Open One Pockeet, we are scheduled to have 16 tables available for the first couple of rounds. This is so the IPT players can play without worrying about getting to the Reno IPT event on time.

We start the One Pocket on Tuesday at 5 PM. Finals are scheduled to be on Thursday, Aug 31st. IPT meeting is Aug 2nd PM and matches are to start on Aug. 3rd. If the finalists of the One Pocket are IPT players, they can still all day on the 1st and up to 5 PM on the 2nd for travel.

I would hope some fo the IPT players would look at this as an excellent warm-up event. There are a lot of similarities between one pocket and 8-ball, and it would be great time to get your head into competition mode. Race to 4 - double elimination.

There is also a lot of other events for both the BCA Player and all other players. The info is available at www.playbca.com. The brochure is at http://www.playbca.com/2006_9Ball_Brochure.pdf
The entry form is here: http://www.playbca.com/US_Open_One_Pocket.pdf

Hope to see you there.

Mark Griffin
BCA Pool League
702-719-7665

PS Don't forget the Bank tournament!!!

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
:>(

:>(

yobagua said:

Hey Yoba, You hurt my feelings - Are you saying that getting to watch me and gulfport doc play in the tournament is not a good enough reason to come to Louisville ?

Cal

Verified Member
From
Pittsburgh Pennsylvania
One Pocket Louisville

One Pocket Louisville

So far I have counted a total of 7 players for the 1P & banks with 1P being the bulk of players, for many who will travel a great distance & incurr a considerable expense, airfare & hotel. I am in hope that we wont be disappointed by the turn out of quaility or lack thereof players in the 1P & banks. I will and hopefully always support our sport, but its important that the best of the sport Efren , Joyner, Hall, Runnels ,walden,crane & Dalton particpate when possible

yobagua

One Pocket Ghost said:
Hey Yoba, You hurt my feelings - Are you saying that getting to watch me and gulfport doc play in the tournament is not a good enough reason to come to Louisville ?

Oh youre gonna be there?? Then Ill especially want to come. Learn some nifty little Chicago moves. Although the food from the hotel is gonna have to make some improvements.

NH Steve

Administrator
From
New Hampshire
I noticed this posted on AZ -- that on site registrations will be accepted for the US OPen One Pocket event:
Eydie Romano said:
US Open One Pocket Tournament & BCA National 9-Ball Championships –

On site entries will be accepted

… We accepted on site entries in November 2004, and did not in October 2005. Because of our very low turnout for this event (due to the earlier summer dates), we will extend the late entry deadline to allow on site signups again this year.
Think about it … $25,000 added & a very low turnout. This creates a great opportunity for you to win some money … and maybe take down a title or two.

BCA Pool League members –
2006 BCA National 9-Ball Championships: 9-Ball Singles, 4-Man Teams, & Scotch Doubles

Everyone –
10thU.S. Open One Pocket Tournament
Banks Tournament
10-Ball Open
10-Ball Ring Game Tournament
… & mini-tournaments

When & Where – August 29 – September 3, 2006 at the Executive West Hotel (home of the Derby City Classic) in Louisville, Kentucky

For complete tournament info and entry forms, go to -- http://www.playbca.com/

If you have any questions, contact the BCA Pool League national office in Las Vegas at (702) 719-7665 or contact your local BCA Pool League Operator.