US OPEN - ONE POCKET at Griffs Las Vegas

Nick B

Verified Member
From
Vancouver, Canada
Come on guys. No threads? Excellent tourney and stream. It's a shame that participation is poor but it's a building year. We need to support Mark and his efforts.

Currently Gabe O is playing Kiamco on the stream.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Come on guys. No threads? Excellent tourney and stream. It's a shame that participation is poor but it's a building year. We need to support Mark and his efforts.

Currently Gabe O is playing Kiamco on the stream.
I didn't realize that the tournament was in process. Thanks for the heads-up.

~Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
There’s a thread or two in AZ world. We have a few members playing there. I counted only 21 entries. Pretty poor showing. I should have save a few days vacation for Vegas:lol

Bmoretallpaul

Verified Member
There’s a thread or two in AZ world. We have a few members playing there. I counted only 21 entries. Pretty poor showing. I should have save a few days vacation for Vegas:lol

I plan on going out next year to watch if I don't decide to go to buffalos one pocket tourney. Either one will be a nice trip.

rnewkirk

Verified Member
From
Weatherford, TX
Nick, As well as you did in this tournament last year, I am surprised you
did not go and snap it off.

I will see you in Philly.

youngstown

Verified Member
US OPEN - ONE POCKET at Griffs Las Vegas

I stopped in for a bit. Saw Bernie P playing Corey. Saw SVB playing someone I didn’t recognize. Saw Marc Vidal playing someone I didn’t recognize who turned out was Gabe Owen😊. John Morra, Alex...Billy T on other tables...sat where I could see and watched SVB and Corey...stood for an hour, bought a shirt and hat and left for the airport...

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
I played in it 2011 and 2012 when it was held in Vegas with the BCA tournament at the Riviera. Great experience and in 2011 I finished 7/8th, losing to Chris Gentile who was second to Efren that year and to Alex P, who was third.

A few more players in those days, but there are so many big money tournaments going on these days that time of year, the competition for players is pretty stiff, and a local tournament is a lot less expensive than spending almost a week in Las Vegas.

gulfportdoc

Verified Member
From
Gulfport, Mississippi
Warren Kiamco won
That's pretty impressive. Kiamco's 1P game has really come up in the past few years. I played him at the Derby years back, and although he was supposed to beat me, and did, I never felt like I was ever really out of the match. But now, he's right up there with most of the best.

~Doc

jtompilot

Verified Member
From
New Orleans
That's pretty impressive. Kiamco's 1P game has really come up in the past few years. I played him at the Derby years back, and although he was supposed to beat me, and did, I never felt like I was ever really out of the match. But now, he's right up there with most of the best.

~Doc

Warren also beat me at Derby several years ago. He banked great and cut balls in with the best of them.

I don’t know what Evan was thinking when he spotted Warren 9/7, 8/7 at Buffalos a week ago.

crabbcatjohn

Verified Member
From
Benton, Ky.
Warren also beat me at Derby several years ago. He banked great and cut balls in with the best of them.

I don’t know what Evan was thinking when he spotted Warren 9/7, 8/7 at Buffalos a week ago.

I played him here several years back when him and Dennis were staying with Skyler that year. I caught him when he first started playing and won a few but he out ran me with his ball pocketing. Very nice man and as a fan one of my favorite players