One-Pocket A-Go-Go.

sunnyone

Verified Member
From
nyc
Dear Gentle Readers,

How about perking up our sedate game a tad? Put a little pep in its step? Add some tazz to the razzma?

We don’t need speakers and subwoofers that make your ears bleed. Just so long as the floor vibrates and you can feel the beat in your soul. Then we’re good to go-go.

A ten-second shot clock to nudge the pace along a bit.

Let’s see … a minimum of, say, five object balls must hit a rail on the break.

No need for disco balls … technicolor overheads will suffice in place of those dreary over-the-table relics.

It is imperative, naturally, to preserve the integrity of the game while simultaneously respecting its history.

I’m just spitballing here … others of you will have additional improvement ideas.

Innovation is my life,

Sunny

P. S. The subject of dress codes is, of course, so pivotal that it demands an independent thread. Advance hint: no bow ties with those tiny flashing strobes, tempting as that concept may be.

Thus spaketh Sunny.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Dear Gentle Readers,

How about perking up our sedate game a tad? Put a little pep in its step? Add some tazz to the razzma?

We don’t need speakers and subwoofers that make your ears bleed. Just so long as the floor vibrates and you can feel the beat in your soul. Then we’re good to go-go.

No need for disco balls … technicolor overheads will suffice in place of those dreary over-the-table relics.

It is imperative, naturally, to preserve the integrity of the game while simultaneously respecting its history.

I’m just spitballing here … others of you will have additional improvement ideas.

Innovation is my life,

Sunny

P. S. The subject of dress codes is, of course, so pivotal that it demands an independent thread. Advance hint: no bow ties with those tiny flashing strobes, tempting as that concept may be.

P. P. S. I've included a picture of myself pontificating ----->

Thus spaketh Sunny.

Attachments

• 1 1 blah.jpg
    1 1 blah.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 0

DWS

Verified Member
From
Chicago
Omg

Omg

Dear Gentle Readers,

Innovation is my life,

Sunny

Thus spaketh Sunny.

Here we go again......delusional narcissism at it's best
You forgot to take your meds again didn't you?

straightback

Verified Member
From
owensboro, ky
Dear Gentle Readers,

Innovation is my life,

Sunny

Thus spaketh Sunny.

I got an innovation: no girls allowed. Ever. Nude models on the wall. That's it.

Last edited:

tylerdurden

Verified Member
Here is my somewhat revised take on this. Since pool really is not going to make it out of the gutter, financially speaking, why don't we just play it the way we like it. No shot clocks that is.

I have to say, the single greatest "evidence" against shot clocks I have ever witnessed was the player review with fusco and grady of the Varner Fusco match from the legends of one hole philly style. Near the end of the match, varner is trying to get out hill hill, and he does in fact take a pretty long time looking at one shot in particular. Fusco even mentions in the review "i feel i would have won this match if there were a shot clock imposed". But, the shot that varner came up with was the single greatest and most exciting shot i have seen in one pocket in all my years. A beautiful thing that would have never been seen with a shot clock perhaps. So there. :heh

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Dear Gentle Readers,

Innovation is my life,

Sunny

Thus spaketh Sunny.

Show us your ...s

:cool:

Cory in dc

Verified Member
Here is my somewhat revised take on this. Since pool really is not going to make it out of the gutter, financially speaking, why don't we just play it the way we like it. No shot clocks that is.

I have to say, the single greatest "evidence" against shot clocks I have ever witnessed was the player review with fusco and grady of the Varner Fusco match from the legends of one hole philly style. Near the end of the match, varner is trying to get out hill hill, and he does in fact take a pretty long time looking at one shot in particular. Fusco even mentions in the review "i feel i would have won this match if there were a shot clock imposed". But, the shot that varner came up with was the single greatest and most exciting shot i have seen in one pocket in all my years. A beautiful thing that would have never been seen with a shot clock perhaps. So there. :heh

1. Is there a link? I'd love to see it.
2. What are the odds that nick saw the shot quickly and then spent a lot of time talking himself into it?

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
Come on guys, please

Steve....as the judicious and fair-minded moderator that you are supposed to be..I sure wish you wouldn't play favorites like this..meaning...when guys on here say rude and smart-ass things to me, you never stick up for me and reprimand them for it...:heh..:(..:frus..:D

- Ghost

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
Steve....as the judicious and fair-minded moderator that you are supposed to be..I sure wish you wouldn't play favorites like this..meaning...when guys on here say rude and smart-ass things to me, you never stick up for me and reprimand them for it...:heh..:(..:frus..:D

- Ghost[/

Deleted. I guess I am losing my sense of humor in my old age. It really was a joke.

Last edited:

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
You have said as many rude and smart-ass things as any long time member on this forum over the years. You just like to couch them with smiley faces. Steve is certainly aware of this and has given all of us quite a bit of rope over the years.

I am also as guilty as you or anyone else from time to time. Maybe you are going to say you were joking again and I don't appreciate your sense of humor.

All I can say is that it's completely amazing beyond belief if you don't know that I was 100% joking in my post to Steve in this thread..it's so fukking obviously a joke - use some common sense...if I wanted to seriously say something like that to Steve (which I don't) - I wouldn't post it up in public, I'd pm him or call him up.

One Pocket Ghost

Verified Member
From
Ghosttown
You have said as many rude and smart-ass things as any long time member on this forum over the years. You just like to couch them with smiley faces. Steve is certainly aware of this and has given all of us quite a bit of rope over the years.

I am also as guilty as you or anyone else from time to time. Maybe you are going to say you were joking again and I don't appreciate your sense of humor.

John,

It's Riva here. I'm not registered on the site nor do I post, although I do sometimes lurk and read some of the threads. But right now I have to make a post after reading your surprising response to Bruce's post. Bruce was 100% joking in terms of what he wrote. I know this because he called me over to his computer to show me what a hysterical post he wrote. And then the two of us were laughing as we read it together.

There is so much sadness all around the world. We recently lost Freddy. Freddy had his enemies on the site and now it's too late for them to make peace with him. I see a lot of unfortunate, unpleasant feuding here on the site. I think all you guys are brothers in that you share a passion for one pocket. And you should respect each other and get along. Life is too short.

Riva

jrhendy

Verified Member
From
Placerville, CA
John,

It's Riva here. I'm not registered on the site nor do I post, although I do sometimes lurk and read some of the threads. But right now I have to make a post after reading your surprising response to Bruce's post. Bruce was 100% joking in terms of what he wrote. I know this because he called me over to his computer to show me what a hysterical post he wrote. And then the two of us were laughing as we read it together.

There is so much sadness all around the world. We recently lost Freddy. Freddy had his enemies on the site and now it's too late for them to make peace with him. I see a lot of unfortunate, unpleasant feuding here on the site. I think all you guys are brothers in that you share a passion for one pocket. And you should respect each other and get along. Life is too short.

Riva

You are right and I apologize to both of you.